Author Topic: Boss' Life - Snoop Dogg featuring Nate Dogg (Produced By: Dr. Dre) - Flop???  (Read 1382 times)

d-nice

there is tons of single quality shit on the record. i think he should make good on round here like he said, and have dre in the video. shit will blow.

-T

Yeah having Dre in the video would be big. But then Snoop would have to explain that whole "why does round here sound like Stan and that Dido song?" thing that he got all bent out of shape about in the interview with Nima. LOL!

it probably would come up again. that video would be coooold though.

-T

Oh, it's going to come up if he picks it as a single. It is kind of pointless to pick Boss' Life and not have Akon in the video. You completely are not capitalizing off the crazy buzz Akon has right now. Clearance issues? What would be the problem in having him in the video?

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
People would be interested to see Dre and Snoop togheter.. imagine! I don't understand why nobody ever considered it a potenial single.

yea if the lil kids now n dayz even kno who dre is let a lone snoop

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
People would be interested to see Dre and Snoop togheter.. imagine! I don't understand why nobody ever considered it a potenial single.

yea if the lil kids now n dayz even kno who dre is let a lone snoop

everyone knows who snoop is, still

the industry/companies/radio stations would make a big deal out of a dre/snoop song with both of them rapping (single) if they like it or not

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
nate comes and goes, he's been hot, been not, got hot again, is not again, may get hot again with the right single

Exactly. nothing "trendy" dies out, but comes back in moderate, phase-like rotation. Hiphop in general is proof of this.

-90% of people don't know what a producer is, let alone KNOW that Dr.Dre produced this.

Yes. 90% of people outside the west nowadays DONT KNOW Dre was in NWA, or even give a fuck.

-Would have blown up if Dre was in the video. This is Dre's fault.

What has a stronger chance of blowing up in 2007 as of right now? Dre on a single or Akon? If Dre alone would have blown it up, im sure the label would have promoted "Imagine" instead. Nate just happened to be a last minute rendition, that is why "Crazy" (an original song with NATE on the album) isnt/wasnt considered and the one featuring 'you know who' is/was.

-People want to see snoop/dre rap together. it's a media frenzy, and even people who don't know shit about shit remember G thang.

People on the west sure. Also all the more reason to release Imagine (which I wanted to see a video for)

Xander, LMAO at you thinking anybody but us is evaluating dre's production as he releases shit. they don't even know that dre produces(women that buy music)

yes.

he was probably mixing 50's two completed albums so was too busy to be in the video.

..maybe, but you are reaching.

bottomline, 50's fault.

possibly, but again you are reaching off the last statement haha.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
i desperately want to be wrong man, but 50 keeps dropping dre produced shit and noone else is since last year. Kam, yeah, but that shit was made last year.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Iliveinthefuture

• Muthafuckin' OG
dont yall get it ?

rappers get boooooooooooooooooring, specialy snoop. How long can snoop pretind that he is still a crip ?
how long is going to be smacking hoes ?
when is he going to grow up ?
rappers get boring so thats why i stopped buying snoop,any dpg shit, xzibit......etc...
they might only be good for collabs but nit albums. Take it groupies i dont give a fuck.

i put the old west behind me now i only look forward

the game
yaboy
bushop
omar
conejo
jay roc
technique
 and all the new west coast cats.

that's the truth but you know you're going to get eaten alive by all the snoop dogg stans on this forum right?  8)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
i'm open to new cats being dope, but none of these cats (cept techniec, who to my knowledge has nothing i can buy) have impressed me like snoop has. how am I stan for being a tough critic?

-T

westcoastavengers.com

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
which could be some old vault stuff for 50 as well. the assumptions and conclusions we could draw are endless so whats the point in picking one that is vague enough to apply to our statement/case? i just dont think its right to blame 50 when we dont even know 1/3 of the full story of dre or 50. im not a 50 fan in any aspect but im calling you on that one. maybe saying dre's fault, but whose to say 50 especially/exacty if im missing something, for all we know its stat quo, holding it up. thats like blaming everything new in hiphop as sucky just because the south is out lol when every region now has some suck ass shit coming out;

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
i think you're missing that my statement about 50 is more like an ironic assessment of a larger pattern rather than being a direct accusation of 50 being at fault for boss life not blowing up

-T

westcoastavengers.com

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
probably, because it doesnt seem like you'd just make a statement like what i was accusing you over, but stay up. i was most likely just angry this d/l of hiphop weekly isnt finishing fast enough.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
aight bet

who's your dad?

-T

westcoastavengers.com

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
producer for dallas' "Nemesis" group, (funk group capitalizing off the westcoast g-funk sound), lived in California for about two weeks or so. This group went on tour with Quik, or almost did something for that. he produced their first album "Munchies 4 Your Bass". I have it on casette and it kills systems dunno about PC computer speakers though, i'll get samples later.

Matty

shouldn't of released this track as a single. the timbo track woulda been a good choice at the mo. still, round here and imagine are easily the best tracks on the album, round here is dope but prolly not suitable for a single either.

CaliKorleone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I still think the song Boss Life is too slow and not, how should I put it, danceable for radio.  It probably would have been better for Snoop to do a full remix to Boss Life with a new beat and lyrics.
Welcome to the land of the killas, gangsta, hustlas, playas
Westcoast, The real life San Andreas
The real niggaz, jack suckas, fuck the haters
We got bitches, chronic, Lakers, Raiders

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The song bangs, I think its similar to "Lay Low" as far as Snoop's other singles go, and I remember that was a big hit, it had that mellow, classy type of vibe on it.  I think the vidoe is pretty fuckin weird and required some thinking to appreciate, so I really doubt 13 year old girls who watch MTV and now even BET are gonna watch it.  BET has turned into a teeny bopper network too, who the hell wants to watch Rap City any more?  I watched the one with UGK just to see them, and it was almost disgusting.  The ones with Big Tigger were good back in the day, but now any real hip hop fans aren't gonna watch that shit.  And that's the most serious rap show they have on the network.  106th and Park is dominated by teenage girls, that's why Bow Wow or Pretty Ricky are always holding down the number 1 spot.  BET is not as good of an outlet for rap as it used to be, that's for sure.