Poll

?

LARRY BIRD
9 (47.4%)
ELGIN BAYLOR
10 (52.6%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: FINALS DUBCC'S GOAT SF: #1 LARRY BIRD VS #2 ELGIN BAYLOR  (Read 1860 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: FINALS DUBCC'S GOAT SF: #1 LARRY BIRD VS #2 ELGIN BAYLOR
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2007, 11:23:45 AM »
Bird,and it's not even close.

:grumpy:
lol,come on NIK you know damn well Larry cant be fucked with...should be a given to a laker fan.

Bird was the last of his breed, Elgin was the first in the same line as Dr. J and MJ, Elgin's influence is still felt today, Bird's legecy is left to Robert Horry sitting on the Spur's bench.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2007, 02:18:53 PM »

lol,come on NIK you know damn well Larry cant be fucked with...should be a given to a laker fan.

Bird's legecy is left to Robert Horry sitting on the Spur's bench.
to compare bird to horry is laughable...but i can see the point about elgin but my opinion is still Bird>

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2007, 01:37:24 AM »

Bird's legecy is left to Robert Horry sitting on the Spur's bench.
to compare bird to horry is laughable...but i can see the point about elgin but my opinion is still Bird>

it was suppose to be. I was thinking of Steve Kerr, but Horry was funnier to me.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2007, 07:42:55 AM »
Elgin started the MJ/Dr. J style of play. There is no way I can vote against him in this one.

John Logie Baird started television as we know it backin the 20s, but I'd still rather watch a plasma screen on HD, and I'd still rather have Bird on my team. You  can have Baylor, but he won't be doing much against my team with Bird covering him. And Larry won't have a problem jumping over him with his 5 inches of height for the boards or sinking 3s from the outside.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2007, 08:27:42 AM »
Elgin started the MJ/Dr. J style of play. There is no way I can vote against him in this one.

John Logie Baird started television as we know it backin the 20s, but I'd still rather watch a plasma screen on HD, and I'd still rather have Bird on my team. You  can have Baylor, but he won't be doing much against my team with Bird covering him. And Larry won't have a problem jumping over him with his 5 inches of height for the boards or sinking 3s from the outside.

Baylor would run circles against Bird.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2007, 10:10:15 AM »
LMFAO.  Bird easily.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2007, 04:28:32 PM »

Your opinion doesn't even count in this case. Anytime a Laker is involved everyone already knows what you're going to say.

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2007, 07:57:07 PM »
If this thread is any indication, I wouldn't be surprised if the same strings are pulled in the SG poll... they might screw over the obviously deserving Jordan and give it to Kobe.

It's a shame Kwame isn't any better...  we may have seen him win the GOAT PF one.
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2007, 08:02:37 PM »
If this thread is any indication, I wouldn't be surprised if the same strings are pulled in the SG poll... they might screw over the obviously deserving Jordan and give it to Kobe.

It's a shame Kwame isn't any better...  we may have seen him win the GOAT PF one.

Kwame is shaping up to be one of the greatest ever in his position.  If fucking Michael Jordan wouldn't have destroyed his confidence his rookie year he'd be top 3 in the league right now!!!!  Thats another reason why Kobe > Jordan.

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2007, 08:07:05 PM »

Kwame is shaping up to be one of the greatest ever in his position.  If fucking Michael Jordan wouldn't have destroyed his confidence his rookie year he'd be top 3 in the league right now!!!!  Thats another reason why Kobe > Jordan.

LOL
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2007, 11:44:19 AM »

Your opinion doesn't even count in this case. Anytime a Laker is involved everyone already knows what you're going to say.

So is my opinion not valid? Was Chick Hearns opinion not valid? Was Jerry West's opinion not valid? Baylor>Bird. Get over it.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2007, 11:46:25 AM »

If you think the disparity between Baylor and Bird is the same as the disparity between Kwame and Malone, then you need help.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2007, 11:49:14 AM »
LMFAO.  Bird easily.

???

Elgin Baylor-
PPG: 27.4
RPG: 13.5
APG: 4.3

Larry Bird-
PPG: 24.3
RPG: 10
APG: 6.3

wcsoldier

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2007, 11:56:51 AM »
The knowledge of B-Ball on this forum is scary  :-X.. people said Bird easily coz they don't know what Elgin Baylor has achieved.. Going with Bird is far from being a nonsense but when you didn't watch or know what kind of player some people were , just don't vote,I got no knowledge on NBA before the 1980es so I simply don't vote.. but I know Elgin was considered a GREAT player in his era so I wouldn't say some nonsense

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2007, 12:02:25 PM »
^^The funniest thing is that Wilt Chamberlain lost to Shaq and Elgin Baylor lost to Malone, so these geniuses acting like there's a "Laker conspiracy" going on in these polls are beyond ridiculous.