Author Topic: Carmelo > LeBron & Wade...  (Read 5495 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Carmelo > LeBron & Wade...
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2007, 02:09:59 PM »
Oh...and LMAO@if you really think Wade woulda done something in the west last year if he was on the Nuggets instead of Carmelo. :-X

rik

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2007, 02:22:47 PM »
I remember before they got drafted I always said that Carmelo was gonna be better. I don't think he has been though.

Do you think Melo should've been rookie of the year? I've been having that debate since Lebron won it. Melo had the better stats and his team had the biggest turn around.

Yeah, I believe he should have won ROTY that year. Melo had the better all around  season. Lebron won it that year because of all the hype around him.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2007, 02:50:57 PM »
To me LeBron is the best player out of the 3.

Carmelo has a more polished jumper, no question.
But LeBron has significantly better play-making ability, as does Wade. LeBron also has a better 3-point shot than people tend to give him credit for. Wade and LeBron have superior athleticism, too.
Carmelo's teammates shit all over LeBron's. Still he managed to get to 50 wins.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2007, 03:28:00 PM »
To me LeBron is the best player out of the 3.

Carmelo has a more polished jumper, no question.
But LeBron has significantly better play-making ability, as does Wade. LeBron also has a better 3-point shot than people tend to give him credit for. Wade and LeBron have superior athleticism, too.
Carmelo's teammates shit all over LeBron's. Still he managed to get to 50 wins.

Spoken like a real fan. 8)

Again, Lebron>>>>Wade>>>>Melo....all great players, all good in there own way. Elior, I don't c anyone agreeing with you.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2007, 03:41:08 PM »
Right and how many rings do Lebron and Carmelo have....I thought so. Wade almost single handly willed his team to a victory in a championship against a team that was clearly better.

And you don't back up what your saying. Wade is injury prone, but is not worse than Lebron, and Carmelo doesn't even have a all around game yet. I think your talking out of your ass again Elior.

He is able to cut to the basket and make open oppurtunity's for other teammates better than any of the 3. In terms of sheer skill, it's Lebron no doubt. But placing Wade under these 2 in an all around comparison is ignorant. I would say the person making this statemant doesn't know b-ball that well.

Ignorant? The only thing ignorant in all of this is claiming that Wade is substantially better than the 2. You need to actually watch games. Wade is extremely overrated. Dude's signature move is driving to the hoop and getting "fouled". His defense sucks worse than LeBron's, his shot is atrocious, dude is 95% hype...And Carmelo doesn't have all around game yet? What the hell are you saying? So LeBron & Wade do? Get the fuck outta here. A ring doesn't mean shit when the REFS willed you to it, making you the worst champion of all time. See how Wade fared this year as a leader of the Heat? Disgusting. Carmelo > LeBron >> Wade.

Bottom line, they still won. The refs cannot decide who wins the series. Your immaturity shows alot with that. Don't blame the refs for the players mistakes, that's a copout. Wade has taken his team farther than Melo or Lebron. Wade has stepped it up in the playoffs more than any of the 3. LeBron is still more skilled, just not as good of a team player as Wade is. And the Heat were disgusting...right. They still made the playoffs, might even win the 1st round. Wade was hurt again too this season. And also, what's with all the curses, kiddo? U mad?

Carmelo does NOT have a complete game yet. He doesn't have the long range shooting, is not as aggresive on d as he should, doesn't get his team involved as much, and the most important fact, is that he has yet to step it up in the playoffs.

As far as "your" explanation for Wade signature move, it's a good one. Fouls=FT's=points. Wade gets fouled going to the basket because he can't be stopped otherwise. There ya go, little guy.

LMFAO!

You just dissed Carmelo for "not having the long range shooting" in a Carmelo vs. Wade debate...HAHAHAHA. You automatically lose for that one, son. Honestly though, your argument of Wade winning a championship is a pretty pathetic one. Everyone knows of the screwjob that went down, and even if it wasnt because of the refs, Heat had a team geared to win, while Denver and Cleveland were still in their building stages last year...Please explain to me how the fuck that means Wade is better? You make no sense. Wade is shit. He can't even lead a team to an above .500 record...Shaq fell off MAJORLY, and it's STILL up for debate as to who's team it is. :-X

I know Wade doesn't have it that great form long range either, but it's  not a big part of his game. Heat had a team geared to win because they had DWAYNE WADE. That's why. He is the best team player of the 2. Denver had a great team imo, and couldnt get it done.

Wade is shit?, you dont know your basketball, little boy. Everybody knows it's Wade's team, Shaq provides the perfect balance, and is still the nost dominating low post player in the NBA. One star won't win championships, you need 2. Part oif the reason why your team can't do shit in the playoffs. Wade still got his team there in an injury plagued season, he is the best 2 guard in the Eaast without a doubt.

Your still ignoring my player to player comparisons. Wade is the better player in terms of team work, team performance and comes a close second to Lebron in terms of all around skill. It's so easy to blame the refs, but again that is a copout on your part. Miami won that championship fair and square. Wade is the perfect player as long as he's not hurt, so they only thing he needs to do is toughen up. He really doesn't need the long range game yet because he cannot be stopped going to the basket.

Right now, Wade is the better of the big 3, and until Lebron and Carmelo can take there teams somewhere in the playoffs, he will remain the better of the 3. Also, Carmelo needs an a major attitude change before he can truly be a great player. It's hard to root for a coward like Melo, I'll still give him a 2nd chance but he is the least complete player out of the 3.

What are you saying? You replace Wade with Carmelo last year, and the Heat are just as geared to win. You replace Carmelo with Wade last year, and Denver still woulda' been in its building stages. Your arguments suck. Vince Carter is a better 2guard than Wade, that should tell you something. Carmelo is doing better for his team than Wade and LeBron are currently doing for theirs, so I really don't know what you're talking about. I'd be surprised if you've actually watched all 3 playing, or maybe you weren't paying attention?

Last but not least:

Miami won that championship fair and square. Wade is the perfect player

LMAO.

Put Wade on Denver last year, and they would have done something. replace Wade with Carmelo, and the Heat lose there balance. Wade is a TEAM player, I don't see what you don't get about that. I'm not trashing Melo, but he needs to mature, and improve on his teamwork before he can take a team past the 1st round.

Carmelo has a better team than he did last year, of course he helps his team, but you can't say he helps more than Lebron. Denver without Anthony is still a decent team, Cavs without Lebron, are terrible.

And as for Vince, he's on my squad, I'm at Nets games all year and I will gladly tell you that Wade is MUCH better. Carter has been know to settle for bullshit shots, and if he's not happy, his performance suffers from it. Wade on defense>>>Carter. Carter is a good fit for NJ, better than Wade,  but Dwayne is such a better player. No one else arees with you, give it up kid.

No one agrees with me? Evidently, you haven't been reading these boards for long enough. Most of the posters here think Wade is an overrated primaddonna who gets way too many calls in his favor. The best part of his game is free throws...People who get their opinions from what the media tells them will say Wade is better. Educated basketball heads who know the game will tell you that Wade is not nearly as good as he's made out to be...PeACe

Guess I meant everybody in the thread. Also, point out where I started talking shit. All I said in my initial post was saying Wade is worse than Melo & Lebron would be an ignorant statement and that the person doesn't know b-ball like he says. You got super offended, and if the shoes fits....

Citizen-Y

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2007, 03:59:04 PM »
I don't even take the kid seriously, this thread is another attempt for him to bash LeBron and Wade since he thinks they take away from Kobe's fame and fortune.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2007, 04:02:09 PM »
I don't even take the kid seriously, this thread is another attempt for him to bash LeBron and Wade since he thinks they take away from Kobe's fame and fortune.

I c. I made my point already, nothing else to say.

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2007, 04:35:13 PM »
Simply put, in my very valid opinion, Carmelo > LeBron & Wade...

What the fuck makes your opinion valid anymore than anybody elses? 

You are always wrong about Kobe, now your wrong about this.  You're a fucking tool.

Who said anything about being more valid? Pay attention or don't post...Especially if you have nothing useful to add.

Look ya dumb cock, you need to pay attention.

An opinion is an opinion.  There's nothing valid about your opinion.  You think since you sit on the couch in your underwear eating cheetos and watching NBA TV makes your opinions valid?  Facts are valid.  Opinions are just like assholes...you know the rest.
NIK - World's worst moderator.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2007, 04:44:33 PM »
If you think Wade is better than Carmelo, quote this.

IMO...anyone who doesn't think Carmelo>Wade was fooled. No need to get hurt over it, bitches.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2007, 04:52:39 PM »
Since people wanna bring up stats:

Carmelo career stats:
PPG: 24.1
RPG: 5.7
APG: 2.9
TO: 3.06
MPG: 36.5

Wade career stats:
PPG: 23.8
RPG: 5.0
APG: 6.4
TO: 3.79
MPG: 37.6

Not comparable?. Now take into acount how much Melo improved his game this year. Denver is playing on SPURS level.

And how much more does Carmelo have to his game?

Better passer = Wade
Better rebounder = Carmelo
Better scorer = Carmelo
Better jumpshooter = Carmelo
Better defender = Carmelo
Better 3ball = Carmelo
Better free throws  (Wade's specialty) = Carmelo

:-*

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2007, 04:53:43 PM »
Without Wade, Heat were doing better...

Without Melo, the Nuggets were DOOMED.

Anything else?

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2007, 05:13:08 PM »
People hate on Wade too much in this board. I'm not a fan of him, but you can't deny the fact he led the Heat to the PO in his rookie season, and he even make the clutch shot who gave the Heat the win in Game1 against the Hornets. His Heat reached the 2nd round ot he PO. In his second year he led the Heat to the Eastern Conference Finals, and finally in his 3rd year he won his first ring. You gotta respect that. You gotta respect Melo too. He led the Nuggets to the PO after a long time from his rookie year. And now his Nuggets are a contender team. He had good results. The only one couldn't lead his team to the PO was been LeBron, but now that the team is better his Cavs have the 2nd best record in the East. I mean those three players are very good players. But they are still too young to be compared to the best players in the NBA (Nash, Kobe, Dirk, Duncan, Shaq, etc..). We will see in the future which one will have a great career. The only thing i can say is that Wade has a ring. And you know, when you win a ring as the MVP it's a big argument.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2007, 10:12:48 PM »
I remember before they got drafted I always said that Carmelo was gonna be better. I don't think he has been though.

Do you think Melo should've been rookie of the year? I've been having that debate since Lebron won it. Melo had the better stats and his team had the biggest turn around.

Yeah, I believe he should have won ROTY that year. Melo had the better all around  season. Lebron won it that year because of all the hype around him.
Had he not pulled a Scottie Pippen a couple games/weeks before the season was over, he would have got the award. He deserved it too.

teecee

« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2009, 02:05:24 PM »
If you think Wade is better than Carmelo, quote this.

IMO...anyone who doesn't think Carmelo>Wade was fooled. No need to get hurt over it, bitches.

See man, you always run your fucking mouth when you "think" something, but call other people bitches and whatever when they don't agree with something as ridiculous as this thread

Still think Melo is better than Wade and Lebron?   I think what was happening is you knew Lebron and Wade would threaten Kobe as the best in the league and it worried you. 

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2009, 02:14:26 PM »
i HIGHLY disagree. :)