Author Topic: Kurupt: The Real Against Tha Grain (E.P.) Info and a lil statement  (Read 1498 times)

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Kurupt: The Real Against Tha Grain (E.P.) Info and a lil statement
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2007, 07:30:21 PM »
god dayum theirs a lot of wieners in this thread.. just accept whats Nima's saying!! im sure if every poster in here was in kurupts position and had bootleg of his material being releashed without his consent you'd request for the info to be censored & removed.. end of day kurupts just a person like you or me and is entilted to his opinion n privacy.. If people dont like it then create your own fuckin dub then  ;D..

keep the work up nima  8)
this is a hiphop messageboard..not a we do what kurupt wants board
its totally unimportant what kurupt thinks about an album
if deathrow releases a greatest hits album or ruthless a bone thugs best of or whatever i want talk about it here no matter what these artists think about this release ..and.everybody besides you and sensitive die hard groupies wants the same
label situations are the problems of the artists  not ours
and if nima cant run a hiphop forum known for free speech and promotion without getting involved in dpgs problems then he  is the wrong person to do it
shit im getting angry right now......nima can you please include the links back in my original post???
ftp ent is a company like every other selling music...everything else is up to the artist and not to you NIMA
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 07:38:41 PM by Inmate »

acgrundy

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2007, 08:10:24 PM »
I gotta agree w/ Inmate.  If you are going to be in the music industry of reporting news and doing interviews, you have got to do it w/o bias and without taking favorites.

The job of Dubcnn is to report news in the hip hop world.  This Kurupt EP is news.  This forum is made to discuss these things.  The job of Dubcnn is not to help artists cover up what they may think of as mistakes.  If kurupt wants to do something about this, then he and his attourney should do something, he should not bring dubcnn into it.  Thats fine if kurupt wants to send a message to the fans asking them not to support it, its up to the fans to decide whether or not they want to buy it.

The OFTB album was put out by the same website, and the links were never removed.  If Dubcnn is not advertising this Kurupt EP, then I see nothing wrong going on.  An individual unaffiliated w/ Dubcnn posted the news in this forum, and that is not against any law.  Kurupt might not like it, but thats how it is.  Personally I would hope that Dubcnn would not cater to certain artists like this.  News is news.  Nothing was done when the OFTB album was advertised on here, same w/ the Petey Pablo, Realest, and whichever other ones were advertised.  If Kurupt asked Dubcnn not to advertise for it, and Dubcnn doesn't advertise, and writes no news story about, thats fine.  But I don't think anyone on this forum should be stopped from talking about it, or advertising about it.  Everyone on this forum has their freedom of choice to either support the album, or not support the album.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2007, 08:33:06 PM »
I hear you, both of you (Inmate / Lord Funk). This kind of reminds me of when Warren G got pissed that dubcc people were bootlegging "In The Mid-Nite Hour" and that caused a big drama too. Like I said, if nothing was done about it and Kurupt never reached out, hey, no problem. But, by Kurupt personally reaching out to us, expressing his feelings about this record, I can see why he doesn't want people to get it.

As I recall, the reason there was tons of drama with In The Mid-Night Hour was because Warren was threatening legal action. It was a bitch move on Warren's part, but it's understandable why the Dub stopped the bootlegging. Kurupt has the opportunity to block the release by getting his attorney involved too, and it's not our (the forum members) problem or yours (the Dub as a whole) if he doesn't want the album released. All we want to do is discuss the album and there is definately nothing wrong with that, which is why I suspect you didn't delete this thread. I wasn't even gonna buy it anyways just like 99% of the forum.

Big_Ed

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2007, 08:38:14 PM »

The job of Dubcnn is to report news in the hip hop world.  This Kurupt EP is news.  This forum is made to discuss these things.  The job of Dubcnn is not to help artists cover up what they may think of as mistakes.  If kurupt wants to do something about this, then he and his attourney should do something, he should not bring dubcnn into it.  Thats fine if kurupt wants to send a message to the fans asking them not to support it, its up to the fans to decide whether or not they want to buy it.
dubcnn would be nothing without the support from the artists,in my opinion its ok to show gratitude,considering the artists when they think
that promote a certain product can hurt their career or relationship with other artists.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2007, 08:44:31 PM »
for the moment

against tha grain EP sampler: http://www.zdfile.com/browse.php?brw=vifil&idfil=1223

acgrundy

« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2007, 08:47:34 PM »

dubcnn would be nothing without the support from the artists,in my opinion its ok to show gratitude,considering the artists when they think
that promote a certain product can hurt their career or relationship with other artists.

don't get it twisted dog, these rap artists need dubcnn a helluva lot more than dubcnn needs them.  over half the shit reported on that site I would never hear of at all if it weren't for dubcnn.  Those interviews promote the artists and sell albums.  Dubcnn is a media outlet, and should report unbiased news, and not pick favorites.  Like I said, they are not advertising the album, so dubcnn is not doing anything against kurupt.  I didn't buy the latest dpg album, but only because I don't buy any albums anymore, however had I not browsed this forum and dubcnn, I would have no idea that dpg was even putting out albums anymore.

Lunatic

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2007, 08:47:56 PM »
Damn. If you ask me, Nima is in a tough corner man.

I gotta agree with what Inmate & acgrundy have posted, i must admit

but at the same time, i see were nima is coming from. Of many good relationships Nima & Co. have built over the years with artists, there association if you may, with DPG (snoop especially) is probably the strongest, and Nima doesn't want to ruin that. We know Snoop is obvisouly going to back Kurupt on this 1, and He (along with the rest of the DPG camp) may catch feelings at Nima, and stop fucking with us altogether.

Or maybe Kurupt/DPG will realise that Inmate & acgrundy have a valid point, get there attorneys involed, and just let this whole situation (the dubcc part at least) be forgotten ;)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Wild_Elmo

« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2007, 09:58:58 PM »
Man Fuck Kurupt after that. First he said if you don't like what were doing, don't buy the album. I agree with that and I havent bought the new album(s). But then he goes and says "Real Dogg Pound Fans like whatever we put out." Like we will blindly accept whatever the fuck they release just cuz it got the Dogg Pound stamp on it. He doesn't realize that people are just curious to hear this. It's not that they are supporting negativity and want to see the beef start up again. Whatever though, Dogg Pound been wack since 2001.

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2007, 10:15:33 PM »
Damn. If you ask me, Nima is in a tough corner man.

I gotta agree with what Inmate & acgrundy have posted, i must admit

but at the same time, i see were nima is coming from. Of many good relationships Nima & Co. have built over the years with artists, there association if you may, with DPG (snoop especially) is probably the strongest, and Nima doesn't want to ruin that. We know Snoop is obvisouly going to back Kurupt on this 1, and He (along with the rest of the DPG camp) may catch feelings at Nima, and stop fucking with us altogether.

Or maybe Kurupt/DPG will realise that Inmate & acgrundy have a valid point, get there attorneys involed, and just let this whole situation (the dubcc part at least) be forgotten ;)
i think kurupt's taking advantage of nima asking that and is putting him in a tough situation. who wants relationships like that though, good rapper or not?

XaNdEr

« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2007, 11:17:29 PM »
Look, it's just basically 3 sides:

First you got Kurupt, who spoke on what he read on this side and was quite angry and upset about people talking about this new EP where he disses Daz, Snoop etc. I can understand he don't want this to come out, but he should have realized that when he made those song, to me Kurupt seems to just do things without thinking, even with that interview, he accuses people as "fake fans" and "having muthafucking fake ass opinions". That is not respecting the fans who always supported him and Daz.

Then you got the peeps on DubCC who are discussing this new EP, cause we always are in for some new Kurupt, which has no way to do with the "negativity" Kurupt spoke on in the interview. We just want some new Kurupt, i won't buy Against The Grain EP, but i will download it when it's dropping. But besides that i am also lookin' out as much for that Kurupt & J Wells album. It is not about negativity, it's about new material of the rappers we like and we support.

And last we have Nima, and the rest of the DubCC staff. They have to please our wishes and the wishes of the rappers (to a certain extent) because they don't wanna burn any bridges and stuff.

I understand Nima's position, and i respect his opinion on it, but at the same time i want a forum where we can say anything we want on, without the rappers start complaining about what we say. It is like our posts are checked constantly, and if a "important" person doesn't like it the posts will be deleted, that is not my vision of this forum. Imo, we should be able to talk about what we want, we are NOT dubcnn affiliated in any way, we're just Westcoast fans lookin' for some new music, that's all. So imo, Kurupt has to understand we do support him, through good and bad times, and that he shouldn't just force restrictions on this forum.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2007, 11:27:25 PM »
nima ain't saying we can't get the songs, we have a HU spot if the songs become available.

but Kurupt, Nima and myself and probably some others have a bottom line

THESE CATS SHOULD NOT BE MAKING MONEY OFF THIS RECORD.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

overseadog

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2007, 11:36:33 PM »
AND SINCE IT'S A KURUPT RECORD WHY THE FUCK  U  SELL HIS SHIT SINCE HE DOESN'T WANT, THIS MEANS KURUPT HAS NO CONTROL OF HIS OWN SHIT AND THAT'S WHERE IT SUCKS......

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2007, 11:48:56 PM »
freedom of speech

The Watcher

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2007, 12:31:15 AM »
tell Kurupt he hasn't got anything to worry about, the majority of people on this site bootleg/download shit anyway, so nobody will be buyin that album

it'll be lucky to go double plastic
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2007, 01:25:21 AM »