Author Topic: If NBA players got to vote for the MVP...  (Read 1764 times)

GangstaBoogy

If NBA players got to vote for the MVP...
« on: May 07, 2007, 12:55:40 PM »
...do you think Kobe could win then?

I'm asking because it's obvious that these journalist are never going to give him the MVP (till he's old, falling off, and they feel bad for robbing him throughout the years), but all throughout the season players have been saying Kobe should win it. Nowitzki, Lebron, Amare, Nate Robinson, etc etc etc all feel he's the real MVP of the league.

Speak!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

floatin_above_everything

Re: If NBA players got to vote for the MVP...
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 01:06:13 PM »
Steve Nash.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 11:32:19 PM »
no.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 12:45:08 AM »
Steve Nash.

You really think this? LMAO. Shows how stupid you really are...

Pretty much alll the players who've played against Kobe have said he was by far the best. It's not even a question who would win the MVP if the players voted.

"Kobe's the best player on the planet"
-Mike D'Antoni
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 12:47:01 AM by Now_I_Know »

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 01:15:31 AM »
yea i think kobe would get it

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 02:28:29 AM »
if the players were to vote for the MVP they'd vote for Dirk or nash. or the majority of them would , because they know what the MVP trophy really is. it's not the "Player of the Year" trophy , it's the "leader of the Year" trophy. what did the Mavs Do? Who was their Leader? Dirk. What did the suns do? who was their leader? Nash. What did the Lakers do.... Who was their leader? Kobe.

the mavs were the best team in the league, then for a while they looked to equal or eclipse the Bulls' season win record. >>> to what the Lakers did.

the Suns were the Second best team in the league, and still to this day look like they can't play at that level without him. >>>>> to what the lakers did.

the lakers , like the suns are a team who are co-dependant on one superstar. however the suns win with nash more often than not. the lakers can win, but eventually lose with kobe more often than they should have to.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 02:30:13 AM by Don Jacob »

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

thisoneguy360

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 07:19:28 AM »
Steve Nash.

Pretty much alll the players who've played against Kobe have said he was by far the best. It's not even a question who would win the MVP if the players voted.

-Mike D'Antoni

Lol damn it's just his opinion. I think Kobe would get it though

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2007, 08:16:16 AM »
if the players were to vote for the MVP they'd vote for Dirk or nash. or the majority of them would , because they know what the MVP trophy really is. it's not the "Player of the Year" trophy , it's the "leader of the Year" trophy.

Wow! So Dirk is the "leader of the Year"? Mmmm..

Or you wanna sell me he was been the leader of the year from the 1st to the 82nd game of the season and he became a bitch from the 83rd to the 88th? See, that's why those type of trophies are really stupid and most of the times you make a fool of yourself by giving it to a guy who still has to win the games that really matters. I think they should rename it to "Best Player in the League" trophy and stick with it. Fuck the record, fuck all this bullshit. Who's the best one? Kobe? Ok, Kobe gets it. Then they should give the MVP trophy to the leader of the team who wins the NBA. So you have two good thophies and you celebrate both the best player and the most decisive to win the title.

What's the point having an MVP of the regular season who's 90% of the times different from the MVP of the PlayOff? It's just a couple of extra games, not a whole different season. Just give it to the leader of the championship team. And give a Best Player type of trophy after the regular season to the best player.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 08:25:46 AM by Antonio »

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 10:25:08 AM »
Steve Nash.

-Mike D'Antoni

What is wrong with you kid?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2007, 10:44:09 AM »
if the players were to vote for the MVP they'd vote for Dirk or nash. or the majority of them would , because they know what the MVP trophy really is. it's not the "Player of the Year" trophy , it's the "leader of the Year" trophy. what did the Mavs Do? Who was their Leader? Dirk. What did the suns do? who was their leader? Nash. What did the Lakers do.... Who was their leader? Kobe.

the mavs were the best team in the league, then for a while they looked to equal or eclipse the Bulls' season win record. >>> to what the Lakers did.

the Suns were the Second best team in the league, and still to this day look like they can't play at that level without him. >>>>> to what the lakers did.

the lakers , like the suns are a team who are co-dependant on one superstar. however the suns win with nash more often than not. the lakers can win, but eventually lose with kobe more often than they should have to.

Only JOURNALISTS use that excuse, so that they can manipulate who they want the MVP to be. Every player says Kobe is the best on the planet. Everyone knows Kobe is the PLAYERS MVP. In fact, that's one of his nicknames...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2007, 10:45:18 AM »
Steve Nash.

-Mike D'Antoni

Lol damn it's just his opinion. I think Kobe would get it though

It's not an opinion, if he really thinks the players who play against Kobe and Nash would pick Nash as the MVP, he is either INSANE or has not paid any attention to the league in the past 3-4 years.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2007, 10:57:25 AM »
I think they should rename it to "Best Player in the League" trophy and stick with it.

That's what most valuable means...It's the fans and journalists who made up the excuse of it being "best player on best team"...And even if it was reserved for the best player on the best team, WHY THE HELL WOULD NASH GET IT? :-X

Kobe shouldn't have won it last year with that historic season? Moses Malone won it with the same record as the Lakers... :-\

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2007, 11:00:33 AM »
i highly doubt he would get it even if the players voted
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2007, 11:03:59 AM »

Are you paying any attention? He's ALREADY the best as far as the players are concerned...Every player who speaks out to the media says Kobe is the best, way ahead of the rest. It's not really up for debate...

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2007, 11:13:09 AM »

Are you paying any attention? He's ALREADY the best as far as the players are concerned...Every player who speaks out to the media says Kobe is the best, way ahead of the rest. It's not really up for debate...

so it's a proven fact that everybody if not most think hes the best?  did you do that survey yourself or what?  its one thing to say he's the best in front of cameras and journalists it's another thing to actually vote for him.
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?