Author Topic: Hi-Tek used the sound in Game's "Runnin" that Rakim had in "Sweat The Tech."  (Read 236 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Just realized this... that tapping in the background that makes the song "Running" so dope.... I just realized he could have easily been inspired by the production on "Don't Sweat the Technique".  The same sound is used. 

Damn, Erik B. and Rakim, everytime you listen to them you notice another element of their music or lyrics that has since been used by one of today's artists.  It's all dope though, so it's all good with me.

The last three songs on Rakim's album are straight fire.... "Jiuce"- Know-the-ledge, the same song from the 2pac movie, then "Sweat the Technique".. then Rakim absolutely kills it on the last track "Kick A Long" the beat is so fast, he just goes off!!!!!

There's a lot of Islamic influence as well, on Juice he gives props to Iran's 1979' Islamic revolution leader Ayotallah Khomeni, and then on another track he talks about going to Iraq for the Gulf War and switching sides to join his Asiatic Muslim brothers who "pray the same way".
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 06:46:54 PM by Shakur Abdul-Latif's Definition Of Hip-Hop..by -Infinite- »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Just realized this... that tapping in the background that makes the song "Running" so dope.... I just realized he could have easily been inspired by the production on "Don't Sweat the Technique".  The same sound is used. 

Damn, Erik B. and Rakim, everytime you listen to them you notice another element of their music or lyrics that has since been used by one of today's artists.  It's all dope though, so it's all good with me.

The last three songs on Rakim's album are straight fire.... "Jiuce"- Know-the-ledge, the same song from the 2pac movie, then "Sweat the Technique".. then Rakim absolutely kills it on the last track "Kick A Long" the beat is so fast, he just goes off!!!!!

There's a lot of Islamic influence as well, on Juice he gives props to Iran's 1979' Islamic revolution leader Ayotallah Khomeni, and then on another track he talks about going to Iraq for the Gulf War and switching sides to join his Asiatic Muslim brothers who "pray the same way".

do these posts get edited by a mod? the last statement just seems out of place, even for bryan standards...

• Muthafuckin' Don!

do these posts get edited by a mod? the last statement just seems out of place, even for bryan standards...

You care to comment on the topic, or just post bullshit?

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
you made a good observation, the reference to islam was unneeded. in my opinion.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
you made a good observation, the reference to islam was unneeded. in my opinion.

fair enough, that's your opinion, peace

Al Bundy

typical post from the allah slave

• Muthafuckin' Don!

care to post on the topic, or is all you post just bullshit?  Maybe you need to get a dictionary and learn how to expressive yourself.

Al Bundy

care to post on the topic, or is all you post just bullshit?  Maybe you need to get a dictionary and learn how to expressive yourself.

did allah help you type up that post?

The Watcher

learn how to exprssive yourself?

lmao
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Nasty Nem

• 'G'
  • HOV
i don't know what the fuck this topic is about

it just looks like a big rant

hi tek .. runnin .. same sound .. dont sweat the technique .. rakim .. 2pac .. allah .. gulf ..

and ya don't stop

Blu Lacez

learn how to exprssive yourself?

lmao

did allah help you type up that post?

^^
  Lol..stop y'all killing me!  :-)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I just found two more example's of recycled material in the songs I mentioned at the start of the topic....

2pac borrowed Rakim's flow and elements from his lyrics of the song "Kick Along" on the 2pac track "Holler If You Hear Me" where he says, "I'm thankful for everyday that I'm livin- Blessed!"

Also, Snoop copies Rakim's lyrics and flow from "Don't Sweat The Technique" when on the Tray Dee track "21 Jumpstreet" he says... "We wakin um' up/ shakin em up/ and just for a second we shakin um up"...

something like that, everytime I listen I hear another element that's been borrowed from Erik B. and Rakim, they are the most sampled hip-hop act in history.

jeromechickenbone

something like that, everytime I listen I hear another element that's been borrowed from Erik B. and Rakim, they are the most sampled hip-hop act in history.

What are you basing the statement that they are the most sampled hip hop act in history?  Because you just discovered a couple songs that did it?  Show me some facts to back that up, otherwise you're just making your usual knee-jerk epiphonies.  Go listen to Run DMC records and it'll blow your mind how many lines / beats / flows were borrowed over the years.  And there's tons more than just those cats...

But peep game:  Try checking out the original golden age of Hip Hop, which is like pre 1986.  You'll discover how many of your favorite Hip Hop songs of all time completely borrowed from the pioneers.  From Busta Rhymes "Woo Hah" taken from Sugar Hill Gang's "8th Wonder" to Master P's "Make Em Say Uh" taken from Masterdon Committee's "Funk Box Party". 

A lot of sampling / borrowing aren't credited, and I've heard lots of rappers that basically have taken pieces from numerous old school songs and put together entire verses based on it.  And really the only way you're ever going to know is by hearing the OG's themselves.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 11:21:42 AM by Jrome Is Officially Voting for Ron Paul 2008! »