Author Topic: Kurupt Presents: Tangled Thoughts - "Philly 2 Cali" (Album Review)  (Read 311 times)

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
http://www.dubcnn.com/
http://www.dubcnn.com/features/reviews/philly2cali/

Tangled Thoughts - "Philly 2 Cali" (Album Review) - May 27, 2007 By : Conan Milne

We've recently provided a few news updates on the latest music from rising PA trio Tangled Thoughts. The group, under the guidance of their DPG mentor Kurupt, have recently completed their new album "Philly 2 Cali."

The album, in stores now, is the latest to be given the DubCNN review treatment. New contributor Lord Funk delved into the record and decided whether the young trio have produced an indispensable release.

"Philly 2 Cali" receives the Dub Quotable: "The DPG affiliation will no doubt attract many West Coast heads, but Tek, Cas and De show enough skills here to shine in their own right." Read the full review and find out how many Dubs the group were awarded by clicking below.

Tangled Thoughts - "Philly 2 Cali" (Review)

For more recent reviews of projects from 40 Glocc, Timbaland, Evidence, Redman, Damizza & Butch Cassidy, Bishop Lamont and Devin The Dude take some time to check out and then bookmark our Review Section.

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Paul

Re: Kurupt Presents: Tangled Thoughts - "Philly 2 Cali" (Album Review)
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 05:25:03 AM »
great review, my fav album of the year so far

only disagreement is the track real one, track bangs imo

other thn tht i agree with everything, tek is a talented producer and u could be mistaken dre did some of those beats on tht album

def 4/5 at least 8)
funkyfreshintheflesh

Lunatic

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 01:29:07 PM »
Also my fav. album so far

good review 8)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 03:54:47 AM »
thanks for the review..very dope album :)

d-nice

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 06:06:28 AM »
Nice review. I like what I hear from this group so far.

wcsoldier

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 07:36:28 AM »
Is the album really that good ? or is it opinions from DPG fans perspective... have to check it out to see what the deal is

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 07:39:02 AM »
its really that good...i'd be happy if this had no DPG on it, it just so happens that it does and its getting more exposure, this release is quality...

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

wcsoldier

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 07:43:41 AM »
^^^^ ok thanks Rud.. I was asking, regarding the fact whatever Kurupt and Daz released, the stamp" classic" is very quickly put on it... gonna listen to this album

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 08:08:15 AM »
^^^^ ok thanks Rud.. I was asking, regarding the fact whatever Kurupt and Daz released, the stamp" classic" is very quickly put on it... gonna listen to this album

I know what you're getting at, but I don't think any outlet including DubCNN has been stamping Daz and Kurupt's recent releases as "classic." Good, sure. Great, maybe. Classic? Let's not get carried away.

If you're talking about DPG fans stamping all their stuff as classic without so much as two listens, well that's a different story... ;D
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

wcsoldier

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 09:52:24 AM »

If you're talking about DPG fans stamping all their stuff as classic without so much as two listens, well that's a different story... ;D
that's what I was talking about

Paul

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2007, 12:49:28 PM »
na it doesnt even sound like a dpg release, just a few cameos from kurupt, which really only add to the album
funkyfreshintheflesh

Lunatic

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2007, 01:27:01 PM »
to answer your question if we are hyping it up more because of tha pound's involvement, i am very comfortable telling you that this album is alot more consistent and lyrical then dogg chit is
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

d-nice

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2007, 01:51:26 PM »
Is the album really that good ? or is it opinions from DPG fans perspective... have to check it out to see what the deal is

I speak for myself, not DPGC. If you are asking me personally I enjoyed the album. I don't think it is a classic or anything but it is a good album. I bump everything and if I like it, I like it. If you dope I could care less what camp you from.