Author Topic: So whats Young Buck offical 3rd single?  (Read 707 times)

XaNdEr

Re: So whats Young Buck offical 3rd single?
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2007, 06:35:36 AM »
^it didn´t sell that much at first? it went platinum in 2 weeks. and since Buck said that Game´s album flopped(it´s platinum)then this would have to be some sort of ultra flop.

owned

Only gamer fags like you use the word "owned", you have absolutely no clue about what is a DISScussion and what is a DIScussion.

@ Pissin' On The Throne, what is your scource about the platinum in 2 weeks?

Plus, what an artist says or does doesn't change anything about judging quality of music. When Young Buck says Game's album flopped does it make his album worse? I don't think it does.

I remember Game saying he gonna do Jay-Z numbers. He didn't. So his album sucks? ???

d-nice

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2007, 06:42:56 AM »
If the artists would stop saying they are going to outsell this and sell that it would not look like it is a flop. Rappers have no control over that, all they can control is putting out quality material. Gold, platinum or not, I think Young Buck's album is one of the best this year.

Narrator

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2007, 06:52:33 AM »
And on a sidenote, you shouldn't look at sales, Dr. Dre's 2001 didn't sell that much either it's first weeks, it took him a while to go platinum, there's many more examples but i'm too lazy to think of them and type them. But 2001 is considered (still) a very good album nowadays, so when this was 1999 and we said 2001 ain't sold shit, would everyone claim it is bad? Hell no, fuck off with these stupid comments.
2001 sold 6 million copies (http://www.riaa.com/gp/bestsellers/topalbums.asp) in States and Buck's album sold only 320K~. I don't know how long it took from 2001 to go plat but sure it did go fast because it has sold 6 mill in overall. Buck The World can go plat but I believe that it will take much more than a decade to achieve it.

If you check RIAA, "2001" was certified Gold, Plat, and 2x Plat on January 11, 2000, which was 2 months after it came out.  That doesn't mean it took 2 months to sell 2 million copies, just that those are the dates when the RIAA got around to certifying it (they don't always do it instantly).  That being said, I remember when "2001" came out, "Still D.R.E." was such a massive hit that I know it must have had a huge first-week debut.  I don't think it was slow to sell at all.

As far as Buck's album goes, if he did sell 350K (going by other people's info), that doesn't seem so bad in this day and age.  Let's face it...NOBODY is selling anymore.  The days when you were guaranteed a Gold or even Platinum album just by being affiliated with a superstar rapper like 50 are long over.  In that respect, I think Buck is doing decently by 2007 standards.

d-nice

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2007, 06:55:16 AM »
And on a sidenote, you shouldn't look at sales, Dr. Dre's 2001 didn't sell that much either it's first weeks, it took him a while to go platinum, there's many more examples but i'm too lazy to think of them and type them. But 2001 is considered (still) a very good album nowadays, so when this was 1999 and we said 2001 ain't sold shit, would everyone claim it is bad? Hell no, fuck off with these stupid comments.
2001 sold 6 million copies (http://www.riaa.com/gp/bestsellers/topalbums.asp) in States and Buck's album sold only 320K~. I don't know how long it took from 2001 to go plat but sure it did go fast because it has sold 6 mill in overall. Buck The World can go plat but I believe that it will take much more than a decade to achieve it.

If you check RIAA, "2001" was certified Gold, Plat, and 2x Plat on January 11, 2000, which was 2 months after it came out.  That doesn't mean it took 2 months to sell 2 million copies, just that those are the dates when the RIAA got around to certifying it (they don't always do it instantly).  That being said, I remember when "2001" came out, "Still D.R.E." was such a massive hit that I know it must have had a huge first-week debut.  I don't think it was slow to sell at all.

As far as Buck's album goes, if he did sell 350K (going by other people's info), that doesn't seem so bad in this day and age.  Let's face it...NOBODY is selling anymore.  The days when you were guaranteed a Gold or even Platinum album just by being affiliated with a superstar rapper like 50 are long over.  In that respect, I think Buck is doing decently by 2007 standards.

Co-Sign

XaNdEr

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2007, 06:56:09 AM »
Ok, that seems correct, i don't think the RIAA would lie, plus if you consider the sales in the rest of the world then you would be over 3 platinum at least. So yeah, my bad.

But my point was, if an album sells or not, it should not be necessary to have a good album. Quality music is NOT sales, those are 2 different things.

Blu Lacez

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2007, 07:01:32 AM »
Ok, that seems correct, i don't think the RIAA would lie, plus if you consider the sales in the rest of the world then you would be over 3 platinum at least. So yeah, my bad.

But my point was, if an album sells or not, it should not be necessary to have a good album. Quality music is NOT sales, those are 2 different things.

^
Well put, Mayne!!

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2007, 07:18:46 AM »
But the main problem is that artist bring it up 24/7. So yeah, theyre not important for us but sometimes you gotta laugh at statements like:

Game "If I dont go 1x plat first week, Im quiting. Im going diamond."

Buck after doing 350.000 " Nas and Game flopped" with both of them selling 2x as much.

BTW somebody said Game went plat, think again. Last time he was in the top 200 he was at 899,238, and that was April 5th and on April 18th he was off the top 200.

Source: http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=141757.0 http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=140607.0

XaNdEr

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2007, 07:24:40 AM »
Artists get so obsessed with it, it is not like they gonna get money out of it, most of the albumsales go directly to the labels and/or their management. These rappers get more money off shows and stuff like that then their albums (unless you're putting out cd's through Koch and get to sell much) so i don't see why it is so important for them anyways.

Narrator

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2007, 08:20:03 PM »
BTW somebody said Game went plat, think again. Last time he was in the top 200 he was at 899,238, and that was April 5th and on April 18th he was off the top 200.

You do realize that you can be certified Plat for SHIPPING, not necesarily SELLING a million records?  Game was in fact certified Plat, at least according to Billboard.com.  If Game pushed 900K, then it's extremely likely he'd get the certification.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2007, 12:29:08 AM »
I pray slow your role. :)

XaNdEr

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2007, 12:44:36 AM »
Yeah, i loved that song, first i was sceptic when i heard Chester Bennington of Linkin Park was gonna be on it, but now i love the song.  8)

k-dogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2007, 12:42:04 PM »
Just for the record, I clearly remember Dre selling around 550,000 the first week (definitely between 500,000-600,000). The thing I remember the most is that 2001  still did not debut as #1....I cannot remember the name of the band (a rock band) but they 700,000...What's funny is that Dre, Em and I guess Jay-Z and maybe 50 Cent are the only hip hop artist's that can still command those numbers these days....Buck will probably finish at around 700,000 if that much and even Snoop can barely get 1 million these days.....

d-nice

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2007, 12:48:40 PM »
I hope it would sell well, but either way the album is dope as fuck IMO. That is all that matters to me.

XaNdEr

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2007, 12:56:35 AM »
Word up, i still bump it. Good productions, nice guestspots and lyrically he has improved. Besides that i love the South lately, simple lyrics with bangin' beats.  8)