Author Topic: This series proves why Duncan is better than Shaq  (Read 3934 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: This series proves why Duncan is better than Shaq
« Reply #165 on: June 21, 2007, 05:24:32 PM »

Yes...Kobe had the offense. ::) That's why he took less attempts than Shaq a game after his remarkable performance to save the Lakers, right? WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT, SHAQ HAD CONTROL. You obviously didn't read Phil Jackson's "Last Season"...I don't even have to ask you, because it's self-evident based on the shit you're saying. Shaq was incapable of finding openings and dominating the center. He shot less, yet the offense was running through him. THIS IS NOT A GOOD THING, JAKE.

kobe shot one less shot than shaq....oooo wow, but still let's look at that game no one had the offense in that game, but what happened every other game when kobe shot almost twice as much as shaq, lol we lost big time

shaq had no control i don't know where you draw that from, he didn't touch the ball of even have possestion of the ball as long as kobe in that game. are you saying he did!? how could someone control the offense when they dont' have the ball or even touch it?  lol it's not like he was calling plays, GARY PAYTON was,lol

^^Shaq was demanding the ball on every single opening (which he had trouble creating). He said he wouldn't defense or rebound if it went down differently...I'm starting to doubt you even watched the series.

of corse he was demanding the ball but he wasn't getting it because DETROITS DEFENSE WOULDN'T ALLOW AN ENTRY PASS. shaq's a big dude but he he's not bigger than the combined height and weight of ben wallace and rasheed wallace. plus it didn't help that all he had was a broken karl malone down low with him. don't you even see what you're saying,lol? did you even watch the series. shaq could only get the ball fast break or trick ally oop passes:

EXACTLY! Getting a post-entry pass depends on the post players ability to get into position, and Shaq was WAY too out-of-shape to dominate the opposition and muscle through the defense like he used to...Now you're getting it, Jake...PeACe

how is shaq going to get a pass when Prince and billips are blocking the passing lanes for payton and bryant, it's a two way street.

Wow...If you knew the first thing about basketball, you'd understand that it's the centers role to get in position to recieve a post entry pass.. Passing lanes are not the problem, it's the spacing between the big and the basket, and his ability to deny frontal position of the defender...Shaq was not his old self...This is why people said Ben Wallace shutdown/outperformed Shaq in 2004...PeACe

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #166 on: June 21, 2007, 05:31:35 PM »

Yes...Kobe had the offense. ::) That's why he took less attempts than Shaq a game after his remarkable performance to save the Lakers, right? WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT, SHAQ HAD CONTROL. You obviously didn't read Phil Jackson's "Last Season"...I don't even have to ask you, because it's self-evident based on the shit you're saying. Shaq was incapable of finding openings and dominating the center. He shot less, yet the offense was running through him. THIS IS NOT A GOOD THING, JAKE.

kobe shot one less shot than shaq....oooo wow, but still let's look at that game no one had the offense in that game, but what happened every other game when kobe shot almost twice as much as shaq, lol we lost big time

shaq had no control i don't know where you draw that from, he didn't touch the ball of even have possestion of the ball as long as kobe in that game. are you saying he did!? how could someone control the offense when they dont' have the ball or even touch it?  lol it's not like he was calling plays, GARY PAYTON was,lol

^^Shaq was demanding the ball on every single opening (which he had trouble creating). He said he wouldn't defense or rebound if it went down differently...I'm starting to doubt you even watched the series.

of corse he was demanding the ball but he wasn't getting it because DETROITS DEFENSE WOULDN'T ALLOW AN ENTRY PASS. shaq's a big dude but he he's not bigger than the combined height and weight of ben wallace and rasheed wallace. plus it didn't help that all he had was a broken karl malone down low with him. don't you even see what you're saying,lol? did you even watch the series. shaq could only get the ball fast break or trick ally oop passes:

EXACTLY! Getting a post-entry pass depends on the post players ability to get into position, and Shaq was WAY too out-of-shape to dominate the opposition and muscle through the defense like he used to...Now you're getting it, Jake...PeACe

how is shaq going to get a pass when Prince and billips are blocking the passing lanes for payton and bryant, it's a two way street.

Wow...If you knew the first thing about basketball, you'd understand that it's the centers role to get in position to recieve a post entry pass.. Passing lanes are not the problem, it's the spacing between the big and the basket, and his ability to deny frontal position of the defender...Shaq was not his old self...This is why people said Ben Wallace shutdown/outperformed Shaq in 2004...PeACe

like i said even when shaq was open he couldn't receive a pass because prince, billips, or hamilton would either steal the ball or change the direction of the pass for payton , fisher, and bryant. 

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #167 on: June 21, 2007, 08:03:04 PM »
^And if Shaq was in his prime, he would muscle the opposition, and give Payton and Kobe the luxury of making a textbook bounce-pass or over the top post entry pass...It's not that hard, Jake. The problem was Shaq WAS NOT his old self. He COULDN'T dominate like he once was capable...PeACe

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #168 on: June 21, 2007, 08:44:29 PM »
^And if Shaq was in his prime, he would muscle the opposition, and give Payton and Kobe the luxury of making a textbook bounce-pass or over the top post entry pass...It's not that hard, Jake. The problem was Shaq WAS NOT his old self. He COULDN'T dominate like he once was capable...PeACe

if they went back in time and cloned shaq and put another one of him on the laker team  and he was all by himself, prince and billips and hamilton were still blocking the ENTRY pass, not the receiver pass but the entry.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #169 on: June 21, 2007, 09:36:34 PM »
Dude..It is not difficult to dribble around the perimeter and find an entry pass if your big is positioned for it..Any doofus who's played basketball knows this.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #170 on: June 22, 2007, 09:24:22 PM »
Dude..It is not difficult to dribble around the perimeter and find an entry pass if your big is positioned for it..Any doofus who's played basketball knows this.

how are kobe and payton suppose to dribble around the perimeter when hamilton, billips and prince have them in check,lol. you didn't watch the game huh? they could penitrate and even if they threw out a pass from the perimeter they'd get it stolen before it'd be anywhere near shaq. open or not, lol, shaq's  not stretch armstrong, dhalsam, or mr. fantastic from the fantastic four .your argument here is stale and boring, please try harder to discredit shaq okay?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #171 on: June 23, 2007, 12:16:15 PM »
^^Or why don't you try harder to ride Shaq? Kobe 2004 >>>> Shaq 2004, no way around it. Funny how you always claim it was Kobe who fucked up...At least I admit, Kobe had a bad shooting series. Can you admit Shaq was nowhere close to his old self? I doubt it...To claim Shaq didn't play like a beast for anything other than the fact that he was out of shape and couldn't dominate the center like prime Shaq is absurd. LOL. AND Shaq had more trouble with turnovers than Kobe in that series, so to claim Kobe was getting the ball stolen when tryna get it to Shaq is just hilarious...PeACe

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #172 on: June 23, 2007, 04:01:46 PM »
fat of the matter is this , shaq stepped his game up from where it was when it counted most, can you say the same for kobe? no.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #173 on: June 23, 2007, 04:12:08 PM »
fat of the matter is this , shaq stepped his game up from where it was when it counted most, can you say the same for kobe? no.

Shaq was known as the opposite of clutch, so your claims are insane. When the game always mattered the most, you'd catch Shaq sitting on the bench, either to avoid shooting free-throws, or because of foul trouble...Kobe ALWAYS bailed him out. He was already considered the best player in the league by 2002, Shaq himself claimed Kobe was the "best in the world" by the 2nd championship! You KNOW Kobe 2004 > Shaq 2004, so why argue? You love Shaq a lil too much... :-\

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #174 on: June 23, 2007, 05:59:51 PM »

Shaq was known as the opposite of clutch, so your claims are insane. When the game always mattered the most, you'd catch Shaq sitting on the bench, either to avoid shooting free-throws, or because of foul trouble...Kobe ALWAYS bailed him out. He was already considered the best player in the league by 2002, Shaq himself claimed Kobe was the "best in the world" by the 2nd championship! You KNOW Kobe 2004 > Shaq 2004, so why argue? You love Shaq a lil too much... :-\

fact of the matter was that shaq stepped up his game when it counted most, kobe did not. remember kobe doesn't hit that 3 for the win if shaq doesn't get that the lakers close .

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #175 on: June 24, 2007, 11:50:54 AM »

fact of the matter was that shaq stepped up his game when it counted most, kobe did not. remember kobe doesn't hit that 3 for the win if shaq doesn't get that the lakers close .

Under 10 rebounds in 3 out of 5 Final games is very sad to be considered "stepping it up" for Shaq...

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #176 on: June 24, 2007, 03:05:30 PM »
fact of the matter is shaq stepped up his game  when it counted most.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #177 on: June 24, 2007, 03:10:41 PM »
I can't believe you guys are still arguing with this idiot. He obviously doesn't know what he's talking about and is speaking out of envy. Shaq championships since he left LA=1, Kobe's championships since Shaq left=0. End of story.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #178 on: June 24, 2007, 03:34:23 PM »
Kobe >>>>>>Shaq

When both players are long gone and retired Kobe will be considered the better player, end of story

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #179 on: June 24, 2007, 03:46:41 PM »
I can't believe you guys are still arguing with this idiot. He obviously doesn't know what he's talking about and is speaking out of envy. Shaq championships since he left LA=1, Kobe's championships since Shaq left=0. End of story.

Was Shaq even the leader of that Heat team, let alone a main option when they won the championship? LMAO. Dont EVER call someone an idiot, Phillbitch.