Author Topic: The wire  (Read 3814 times)

The Watcher

Re: The wire
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2008, 02:54:00 AM »
damn, worst episode ever

how could they just have some kid pop him like that? and when he wasnt even lookin? damn

can't believe they did some shit like that
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

wcsoldier

« Reply #91 on: February 20, 2008, 03:58:44 AM »
Season 5 is dissapointing for me ... the show focus too much on this media thing and Carchetti shit and not enough on the streets ... in previous seasons, Simon found a good balance between the theme of the season and the streets storilyne but this season it doesn't work well imo .. I'm not surprised by the way Omar was killed though .. this is what the Wire is about, a show which approach the reality as much as possible , NO WAY you would expect an epic ending for him... I don't understand why y'all think it's a very wack scene .. nothing great about it but nothing bad ..

GunMaster G-9

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • click the ''Give Props'' link above
« Reply #92 on: February 20, 2008, 04:32:02 AM »
i like it how omar was popped. all of a suden when u least expect it. that lil kid probably got his striped from that shit and he took omar gun etc. Kenard is sick. i love the way he talks back to the teacher in school 'Fuck you bitch!' and tells Dooky off. ''Look Dooky bout to cry" 'Dooky fight like a bitch' '. ahahha mad dude.'

is it just me or it seems like Marlo has a gamblin problem?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 07:36:40 AM by Boo Boo »

SGV

« Reply #93 on: February 20, 2008, 08:59:19 AM »
Doesn't Kenard look like Avon? I always thought he might've been related to Avon or something...

WCSoldier, you don't think it's dissappointing to see a little kid take out Omar when he's battled Avon, Stringer, Wee Bey, Brother Mouzone, Marlo, Chris & Snoop and he never died. A little kid who's never really been significant in the show aside from catching a beat down from Michael for jacking Naymond, is the one who pops him? To me that's weak. With the huge build up of Omar calling out Marlo, I expected at least Chris or Snoop to take dude out at one point.

Now I guess Avon is the only one left to take out Marlo...

wcsoldier

« Reply #94 on: February 20, 2008, 09:24:11 AM »
^^^^ Omar never get caught by the BIG dogs through the show so why would he get shot by Marlo people ? Of course you can view it from different angles but to me , Kennard killing Omar was just to prove the realistic side of the Wire .. you get shot when and by the people you don't expect at all .. I'm not saying the storyline is amazing , it's ok to me ... the weakest scene was when Omar jumped from the building without taking a bullet from Chris, Snoop and Mike who are good to great gun shooters .. that was on some Jack Bauer shit  :-X... I'm curious to see how the Marlo/Avon/Greeks situation gonna finished ... Snoop gonna be killed , Chris is done with the DNA shit .. I suppose he'd take all the murders for him ala Wee Bey and Marlo would end up in jail but is very unlikely that the  scenario repeats itself

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #95 on: February 20, 2008, 03:14:41 PM »
Why the fuck would they would have Kenard kill Omar. Damn. Horrible twist.

becuase Omar aint gonna let no dude over 5 feet tall get to him...so Marlo sends a lil kid to do it
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

GunMaster G-9

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #96 on: February 20, 2008, 07:09:24 PM »
Why the fuck would they would have Kenard kill Omar. Damn. Horrible twist.

becuase Omar aint gonna let no dude over 5 feet tall get to him...so Marlo sends a lil kid to do it

marlo didint send him. Kenard just did it for stripes

Man On The Moon

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'll Be Posted With My Blunt and A Brew...
« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2008, 10:42:01 AM »
Anybody see Him Jones in episode 8?

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #98 on: February 22, 2008, 01:01:16 PM »
this is what the Wire is about, a show which approach the reality as much as possible , NO WAY you would expect an epic ending for him... I don't understand why y'all think it's a very wack scene .. nothing great about it but nothing bad ..

Realism was thrown out the window in season 3 when they had an entire section of the city be drug-legal and only one section of the cops knew about it. What about a gun fight that leads to a guy jumping out a window? A fake serial killer running aroubnd the city? What about a guy on crutches suddenly no longer lipining when he walks in a store?

Worst scene ever. Worst episode ever. Season 5 does not exist in my mind.

P.S. The newsroom is the best part of the season except for the fake story and the crooked reporter.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #99 on: February 25, 2008, 12:15:46 AM »
WOW. Episode 9 = best episode this season...HANDS DOWN.

It had everything...and got me feeling depressed in the end  :-\
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

GunMaster G-9

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #100 on: February 25, 2008, 01:19:29 AM »
WOW. Episode 9 = best episode this season...HANDS DOWN.

It had everything...and got me feeling depressed in the end  :-\

yo homie where did u watch this? link??

SO PRUP

« Reply #101 on: February 25, 2008, 01:29:51 AM »
number 9 was a great episode, sad ending though.

GunMaster G-9

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #102 on: February 25, 2008, 01:44:25 AM »
number 9 was a great episode, sad ending though.
\

WHERE DID U WATCH?

wcsoldier

« Reply #103 on: February 25, 2008, 03:51:10 AM »
^^^^ HBO on demand ... after each episode, the next one is available on demand around midnight ... still no link on the net though .. gonna be up within the next 4-8 hours

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
« Reply #104 on: February 25, 2008, 04:08:57 AM »
Dat faggot Omar finally got clapped!!! :)
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh