Author Topic: Lakers and Wolves discussing 4 team trade that would send KG to Lakers!  (Read 1689 times)

WC Iz Active

just reported on espn news

WC Iz Active

They just said Indiana would be included and would recieve Bynum and Odom.  Does that mean JO to Minnesots?? god I hope not
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 01:41:08 PM by Spice 2k7 »

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
They just said Indiana would be included and would recieve Bynum and Odom.  Does that mean JO to Minnesots?? god I hope not

Daamn...most likely huh??

My question is, HOW N THE HELL do you get four teams to agree to a trade including superstars, with two of the top 10 or 15 players in the league being involved??? I mean...I suppose that means Minnesota would get J.O. and probably someone as a filler, but then who's the 4th team that would be involved? Looking at salaries and just the overall balance of what each team gets, I really don't see how that goes.

I think I'll be happy with that, even though I really don't want to see Bynum or Odom go...but of course, I'd rather keep Kobe, and I would rather keep Kobe and no one else than to lose Kobe. And IF he still threatened to leave at any time after this trade...I'd really be heated.

WC Iz Active

They just said Boston would be involved and they would recieve Jermaine.  Kobe and Garnett :o :o   Pierce and Jermaine :o :o

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
RIP Minnesota & Indiana if that goes through
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
who would the twolves get then for giving up garnett?

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

rik

I don't think they'll be getting a superstar or superstar caliber player. Probably some young players from Boston.

rik

I hope this deal goes down. As much as I don't want Odom to go this deal would make us a contender.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Minnesota is mostly tryna free up cap space...I think they'll be getting picks and what not, but no major superstar...This was posted in the Laker thread.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

LMFAO@"RIP to Indiana" if they get Odom AND Bynum for JO. :-X

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Lakers in trade talks to get Garnett
Trade discussions involve sending Odom and Bynum for the Timberwolves star in a possible four-team deal. Bryant is not part of the possible trade.

The owners of the Lakers and Minnesota Timberwolves have begun talks for a trade that would involve sending Kevin Garnett to the Lakers, league sources said Monday.

A multi-team trade discussion is underway involving the Lakers, Indiana, Minnesota and possibly a fourth team, with the Lakers getting Garnett and the Pacers getting Lamar Odom and teenage center Andrew Bynum from the Lakers. Another minor player will likely be added to make the deal work financially.

Jerry Buss and Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor spoke by phone for 20 minutes Friday. Buss reportedly ended the conversation by suggesting that Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak and Timberwolves vice president of basketball operations Kevin McHale would continue the discussion Monday.

Such a move could address the concerns of Kobe Bryant, who has demanded to be traded for more than four weeks.

Bryant met with Kupchak for about an hour Friday, a day after Garnett rejected a trade that would have sent him to Boston.

Bryant did not step down from his desire to be traded. However, Kupchak, Buss and Lakers Coach Phil Jackson met later that day to discuss options based on the assumption they would still have Bryant, The Times has learned.

Garnett, 31, has never formally asked for a trade while signaling his distress in recent years as the Timberwolves fell from top-notch status. The No. 1-seeded team in the Western Conference in 2004, they lost to the Lakers in the West finals and haven't made the playoffs since then.

The Timberwolves finished 33-49 in 2005-06 and 32-50 last season, tied for 12th in the West with Portland.

Garnett can opt out of his contract after next season. He wants an extension, which Buss reportedly told Taylor he was willing to offer. Garnett is due to earn $22 million next season and $23 million in 2008-09, the last year of his contract.

Garnett, a 10-time All-Star, averaged 22.4 points, 12.8 rebounds, 4.1 assists and 1.7 blocked shots last season while showing few signs of slowing down, other than spending the last five games of the season in Los Angeles — he has a home in Malibu — to rest a sore right quadriceps.

Bynum, 19, started his second NBA season with a flurry, including a memorable game against Minnesota in which he had 20 points,14 rebounds and three blocked shots last November.

But Bynum struggled during the second half of the season and finished with averages of 7.8 points and 5.9 rebounds a game. The Lakers have been criticized by Bryant for not trading Bynum at the February trade deadline in order to get Jason Kidd from New Jersey.

Odom, 27, was acquired three years ago as part of the trade that sent Shaquille O'Neal to Miami.

Odom averaged 15.9 points, 9.8 rebounds and 4.8 assists last season and missed 26 games because of knee and shoulder injuries. He had a torn labrum in his left shoulder repaired last month and is expected to return in time for training camp in October.

i'm hopin something can go down. as hard as it'll be hard to part with odom, kg is simply the shit.

even if we don't land KG, as long as we don't settle for JO, i'm good. we'd be better off keeping odom and dealin bynum for someone else

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!

LMFAO@"RIP to Indiana" if they get Odom AND Bynum for JO. :-X

Yup, I might have went a little over the top with it. I was just too disgusted about the Lakers getting Garnett.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

GangstaBoogy

Not gonna get my hopes up. A 4 team trade involving these caliber players is nearly impossible,especially in this small amount of time. But if it does go down, see you in the finals!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
As an educated sports fan i dont see this deal happening
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

rik

As an educated sports fan i dont see this deal happening

If it does (I really hope it goes down) you're probably gonna lose that bet with NIK.