Author Topic: Third Xbox 360 to take a shit on me  (Read 624 times)

Sparegeez

Re: Third Xbox 360 to take a shit on me
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2007, 08:55:17 PM »
I called them today and they said there were some RARE problems with their computers and thats why they haven't been able to fix my shit. They're gonna sned the box this week and refund the $140 I payed for because of their screw up :D

Al Bundy

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2007, 08:58:17 PM »
^^^I appreciate the news but I don't think that will help me at all. My 360 can't read any disks, it has nothing to do with red flashlighting.

Same thing happened to me. Call them up again and get a box. They WILL fix it.

Al Bundy

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2007, 08:59:33 PM »
PS3 is a ripoff. It isn't as powerful as Xbox 360 (Xbox 360 version of Madden 08 will run in 60 FPS while the PS3 will be in 30 FPS), shitty online, and not many good games. Oh yeah, it's hella expensive.

Al Bundy

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2007, 09:00:05 PM »
Man i'm fucking heated. I just got Forza 2 and the pelican intercooler and now the DVD drive has stopped working. Oh well, I still got my old xbox and street fighter so I guess i'll be alright till that bitch comes back.

that sucks man! have fun with street fighter  8) (btw street fighter rules)

Fuck yeah. Been playin SFIII for a couple of days

Sparegeez

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2007, 09:09:37 PM »
^^^I appreciate the news but I don't think that will help me at all. My 360 can't read any disks, it has nothing to do with red flashlighting.

Their fixing it for free now because they couldn't send the fucking box for over 5 months. So I guess it's good news but I kind of wished I played my gears of war and Rainbow Six online during that while :-\

Al Bundy

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2007, 09:35:29 PM »

Their fixing it for free now because they couldn't send the fucking box for over 5 months. So I guess it's good news but I kind of wished I played my gears of war and Rainbow Six online during that while :-\

do you still have rainbow? cuz they came out with new maps

Sparegeez

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2007, 09:51:27 PM »

do you still have rainbow? cuz they came out with new maps

Yeah but I might not even download them for a while. I haven't had time to fully enjoy the original maps.

Smoke Break

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2007, 10:17:17 PM »
My launch 360 is still alive and kicking

I spoke too soon, got the darkness popped it in and played for about 45 mins and the fucker gave me 2 red lights(overheating) so now i'm gonna have to wait until it gets hot enough to ruin some shit.

Al Bundy

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2007, 12:11:29 AM »

I spoke too soon, got the darkness popped it in and played for about 45 mins and the fucker gave me 2 red lights(overheating) so now i'm gonna have to wait until it gets hot enough to ruin some shit.

you might want to get a intercooler like the pelican one that hooks into the USB. shit is dope  8)

Sparegeez

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2007, 11:48:51 AM »

you might want to get a intercooler like the pelican one that hooks into the USB. shit is dope  8)

Why? Some Gamestop guy told me it's useless.

Smoke Break

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2007, 02:27:21 PM »
I've been thinking about that but I heard if you use any 3rd party coolers it voids your warranty, but I don't know how that applies to this new one. I'm hoping that it will just break and give me a 3rd light so I can get it fixed free.

Al Bundy

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2007, 03:09:30 PM »
I've been thinking about that but I heard if you use any 3rd party coolers it voids your warranty, but I don't know how that applies to this new one. I'm hoping that it will just break and give me a 3rd light so I can get it fixed free.

they will fix it for free. ring them up

btw they don't void your warranty. here's the one I got (it's a steal for 30 because it adds alot more than just some extra fans)
http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=802686

Al Bundy

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2007, 03:11:38 PM »

Why? Some Gamestop guy told me it's useless.

It really isn't. Most of the time the Xbox 360's fail is because of the poor design inside of it. The heat can actually BEND the mobo and that's where problems start occuring. My first xbox 360's graphics card melted from overheating (and my xbox has GREAT air circulation). If your Xbox doesn't seem to get hot, then don't get the intercooler. But I would HELLA recommend the pelican one I posted above.

Al Bundy

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2007, 01:41:30 AM »
My xbox 360 is back in business! I fucked with the DVD drive and it works once again  8)

Smoke Break

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2007, 03:11:49 PM »
they will fix it for free. ring them up

btw they don't void your warranty. here's the one I got (it's a steal for 30 because it adds alot more than just some extra fans)
http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=802686
Thanks thats good to know about the warranty. All I could find locally was the Nyko cooler which is supposed to be shit. I'm gonna give MS a call tomorrow and see what the deal is.