Author Topic: Paparazzi photo of Jack Nicholson caught offguard in public.  (Read 2821 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: Paparazzi photo of Jack Nicholson caught offguard in public.
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2007, 05:01:01 PM »
LOL@"Pulp Fiction" having better directing...Of course it's gunna be rated higher by the public, "Pulp Fiction" has a huge cult following. The fact remains that "The Shining" is still the more quality piece of film...PeACe

How is that a fact? Jacob just showed hella shit on how Pulp Fiction is a better movie. Most movie critics would say Pulp Fiction was a better movie. I don't know how you could argue that without saying things like "the critics are morons or they are brainwashed by other media."

Well, that's my opinion. It's known that critics hate horror films and love cult films like "Pulp Fiction"...I can't think of ANY horror movie that hasn't recieved bad reviews. But "The Shining" is still an amazing film, arguabaly the greatest horror movie ever. And Jake refuses to acknowledge that alongside arguably the greatest actor ever in Niocholson, played Scatman Crothers, who won an award for best supporting actor for "The Shining"...Don't get me wrong. I think "Pul Fiction" is a great (yet overrated) film. But I just think "The Shining" is superior, and anyone who knows about film knows that Kubrick's style can't be denied...PeACe

i never said that the shining wasn't a great film, i'm just saying the shining pales in comparison when compared to pulp fiction. bother are classics, but Pulp Fiction>The Shining when you subtract all bias.

btw the shining never won or was nominated for an academy award, Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films....is what you're thining of. i don't know how that 'institute'  justifies the shining>pulp Fiction though

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2007, 12:41:57 AM »
LOL@you acting like it's not an opinion, "subtract all bias" and all that nonsense...I much rather watch "The Shining".

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2007, 01:04:22 AM »
Pulp Fiction's amazing reviews were there before it got to it's cult status. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2007, 10:38:55 AM »
Okay? "Pulp Fiction" is a great film...Film reviews don't mean shit though. When you got a film as great as "The Shining", it doesn't matter what some rich shitholes said about it. I've met film professors who said it was their favorite movie...PeACe

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2007, 11:43:19 AM »
What do you mean "okay?"  The whole reason I said that is because you said

Well, that's my opinion. It's known that critics hate horror films and love cult films like "Pulp Fiction"

I'm just informing you that Pulp Fiction was getting great reviews before it reached "Cult" status it did not get those reviews because of it.  The point is it is no fact that the Shining is the more quality piece of film, what is a fact is that both films are seen as #1 or close to #1 in their own genre, horror for the Shining and Post-Modernist for Pulp Fiction.  I'm sure you can find Film Professors that also say Pulp Fiction is their personal favorite, especially the upcoming young film professors.  If the new generation of Filmmakers cite Pulp Fiction as their favorite, we gotta be damn sure there will be some film professors who feel the same.  You also have to give even more credit to Tarantino for reviving a genre with an original script. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2007, 11:51:20 AM »
I said "okay?" because Jake is the one acting like it isn't a matter of opinion, not me...I think "Pulp Fiction" is a great film, as I already said.

rik

« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2007, 11:53:01 AM »
Pulp Fiction > The Shining

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2007, 11:55:39 AM »
>

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2007, 11:59:13 AM »
I'm guessing the only reason Jake brought up all of the awards and acclaim is because you said "The fact remains that "The Shining" is still the more quality piece of film...PeACe" 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2007, 12:09:16 PM »
^^You're wrong again...Jake brought up all the awards first...PeACe

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2007, 12:17:35 PM »
Wrong again?  Wow alright, I would like to know where I was wrong the first time. 

All I want you to do is retract your statement.  It's not a fact that "The Shining" is still the more quality piece of film.  Don't mix fact and opinion ever again.  And also an apology will be cool too for mixing fact and opinion. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2007, 12:29:35 PM »
Wrong again?  Wow alright, I would like to know where I was wrong the first time. 

All I want you to do is retract your statement.  It's not a fact that "The Shining" is still the more quality piece of film.  Don't mix fact and opinion ever again.  And also an apology will be cool too for mixing fact and opinion. 

You were wrong the first time when you said "Pulp Fiction>The Shining"...That's in my opinion at least. In my eyes, it's a fact that "The Shining" contains more quality production, directing, and acting. Stop taking it so seriously. I'm not apologizing for shit. :D

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2007, 12:41:48 PM »
I'm not taking anything serious, this is just a message board.  I was just kindly telling you not to use fact for personal opinion.  Everybody doesn't have their own facts, they have their own opinions.  I also can't be wrong for saying what film I like better, that's absolutely ridiculous.   Here's a proper usage of someone being wrong

It's known that critics hate horror films and love cult films like "Pulp Fiction"

This is time line of Pulp Fiction.

-Wins the Palme D'Or
-Buzz for the U.S. release
-Practically everybody that is involved with film in anyway loved it
-Oscars blah
-Cult Status

So critics didn't love Pulp Fiction because it was a cult film, that's just illogical.  You're wrong.  This isn't an opinion anymore, now that's a fact. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2007, 01:11:46 PM »
When did I say "Pulp Fiction" got good reviews because of it's cult status?

0-3.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2007, 01:13:25 PM »
and love cult films like "Pulp Fiction"