Author Topic: Paparazzi photo of Jack Nicholson caught offguard in public.  (Read 2822 times)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Paparazzi photo of Jack Nicholson caught offguard in public.
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2007, 01:20:14 PM »

0-3.

Trying to be cute huh?   ;)  You did well  ;)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2007, 03:04:06 PM »
cute? lol

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2007, 06:48:41 PM »
NIK here's a breakdown of what you basically said (along with trauma)

the shining had better actors

the shining had: Jack Nicholson, Shelly Duvall, Danny Lloyd, Scatman Crothers, Barry Nelson.

Pulp Fiction had: John Travolta, Samuel L Jackson, uma Thurman, Harvey Keitel, Bruce Willis, Tim Roth, Amanda plummer, Ving Rhames, Christopher Walken, Phil Lamar (Mad TV) ,and  Julia Sweeny (SNL)

actors: Pulp Fiction>>>>>>The Shining ,

total Score Pulp Fiction: 1 The Shining: 0

Director

even though Quentin Tarintino was praised like Jesus for his Film and Kubrick was given mixed reviews, i'll give Kubrick the point for his past work and i'll give quentin a point for his work specifically on his film here

Direcctor: Pulp Fiction=the Shining

total Score: Pulp Fiction 2, The Shining: 1

Script

Pulp Fiction's Screen Play is sold as a text book in Film schools has one countless awards including an oscar, and became the new standard in hollywood. The Shining was originally a classic book written by Stephen King , However , the screenplay by Kurbick and Diane Johnson received and sill receives critique for not being as good as the book. other reviews cite the strength of the shining is more in part to the style and use of music rather than the script.

Writing: Pulp Fiction>>>>>>The Shining

Total Score: Pulp Fiction 3, The SHining 1

Overall Opinion of movie from multiple sources

Pulp Fiction is consistantly reviewed in the top five of many critics' and movie buff buff public sites. it is also cited on AFI's top 100 lists. The Shining ranks on some of the same lists as Pulp Fiction however is always ranked lower if at all when Pulp Fiction is present.

Overall Opinion Of the moives form multiple sources: Pulp Fiction>>>>>>The SHining

Total Score: Pulp Fiction 4, The Shining 1

NIK  you cannot say that or shake a finger to the notion that Pulp Fiction is the superior piece of work. there is more evidence to support this claims than there is to disprove it. Convincingly.

Opinions are like ass holes, everyone has them. and if everyone's opinions are held in the same light...pulp Fiction is praised far more positively than The SHining.

all you have to say to all of this NIk is that "i personally like The Shining better" you cannot denote that The Shining is better because you like it more. when all bias is removed Pulp Fiction is still held as the better film . 

i personally like Pulp Fiction Better than Citizen Kane, but fact of the matter is that Citizen Kane is the superior film, all bias removed.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2007, 06:59:54 PM »
Better actors=Pulp Fiction
Better directing=The Shining
Better writing=The Shining
Better screenplay=The Shining

Your long posts mean nothing, Jake. You lose again.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2007, 07:16:48 PM »

writing and screenplay should be the same thing ,lol. again pulp fiction won 95349057290478589 awards for it's screenplay and The shining was criticized for it's screenplay,lol. that's what made pulp fiction pulp fiction....it's dialouge. lol

i'm sorry nik but no

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2007, 07:26:58 PM »

writing and screenplay should be the same thing ,lol. again pulp fiction won 95349057290478589 awards for it's screenplay and The shining was criticized for it's screenplay,lol. that's what made pulp fiction pulp fiction....it's dialouge. lol

i'm sorry nik but no

Don't be a doucher, Jake. screenplay and writing is not the same thing...LOL!

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2007, 09:57:51 PM »
well either way Pulp Fiction slays in that category. it's considered one of the most well written movies ever. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2007, 10:08:30 PM »
And Stephen King is one of the greatest writers ever, with "The Shining" being considered some of his best, as is Stanely Kubrick's script...PeACe

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2007, 11:51:15 PM »
stephen king didn't write the screen play for the movie though,lol. He wrote the book, did you read the book? it's not the greatest adaptation dude.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2007, 10:55:24 AM »
stephen king didn't write the screen play for the movie though,lol. He wrote the book, did you read the book? it's not the greatest adaptation dude.

Wow. Are you slow? Stephen King is the writer of the story. Stanley Kubrick wrote the screenplay. Kubrick made the movie how he envisioned it, so that's 2 great minds who came up with 1 amazing product. It's not the greatest adaptation? In who's opinion? Stephen King himself didn't like Kubrick's vision of "The Shining"... King produced his own version in 1997, but the 1980 version is still considered FAR superior, by cinema fans AND horror buffs...If you're comparing it to the book, no, it's not 100% the same, but as a movie, a Stanley Kubrick film, it is simply one of the greatests ever...

And yes, I did read the book...

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2007, 11:42:23 AM »
The general consensus amongst film professors, film critics, film lovers, and average film fans is that Tarantino's screenplay is better in it's "Original Screenplay" category than the Shining is in it's "Adapted Screenplay" category. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2007, 11:54:22 AM »
The general consensus amongst film professors, film critics, film lovers, and average film fans is that Tarantino's screenplay is better in it's "Original Screenplay" category than the Shining is in it's "Adapted Screenplay" category. 

Really? Because every film professor I've spoken with (and I've taken many film courses) has said that Kubrick owns Tarantino and that "Pulp Fiction" is great, but overrated. I honestly believe "The Shining" would get the nod over "Pulp Ficiton" in almost ANY film classroom in America...PeACe

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2007, 12:02:29 PM »
I highly doubt it will, but I guess we just can't poll every film professor out there. 

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2007, 04:19:44 PM »
lol NIK you're a comeidan.

wow you just gave credibility to my claim about the screen play argument, STEPHEN KING DIDN"T EVEN LIKE IT. lol like i said the shining is an exercise in style . the screen play was good at best.

and like Javii reiiterated. the GENERAL consensus of film critics , film professors, students, and the average fan AND authors of books say Pulp Fiction>The SHining.

the only person saying the shining> Pulp Fiction ...is you and these imaginary professors.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2007, 04:58:13 PM »
the screen play was good at best.

LMAO. Jake. You're a joke, dude. Don't ever call people comedians. You've never watched "The Shining" in your life...