Author Topic: The Wire = The Best Show On T.V.  (Read 3087 times)

rik

Re: The Wire = The Best Show On T.V.
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2007, 09:58:13 AM »
Sopranos >>>>>> Insert Here

The Wire > The Sopranos.

Throwback

« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2007, 06:25:26 AM »
when does the new season start?

wcsoldier

« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2007, 07:13:32 AM »
January 6th ... 10 episodes

We Fly High

« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2007, 10:55:11 AM »
i dont even know what im going to do once the wire hits hbo in january.. dont got hbo on my tv, and not sure i can afford it.. but damn its going to be a good start to the 2008 winter.

Okka

« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2007, 06:46:14 AM »
One of the greatest shows i've ever seen, i'm watchin the 3rd season right now actually, episode 4 (Amsterdam). I just bought it, now i got seasons 1, 2 & 3 (And they really great)

Sopranos >>>>>> Insert Here

The Wire > The Sopranos.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2007, 12:05:14 PM »
I just borrowed season 1.  I just started watching it, awesome show!! not in the same league as sopranos but then again nothing is.

Okka

« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2007, 04:24:57 AM »
I'm justin watchin episode 6 from the 3rd season and i noticed that Omar is watchin "The Oz" from the television  :D
Anybody else noticed it? They watchin a scene where Beecher & Keller are talkin...

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2007, 06:22:51 AM »
still aint got the third series , hopefully gonna get it when i get paid in week or so.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Okka

« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2007, 06:30:52 AM »
still aint got the third series , hopefully gonna get it when i get paid in week or so.

You gotta get it, have you been watchin the 3rd season?

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2007, 08:49:54 AM »
I just borrowed season 1.  I just started watching it, awesome show!! not in the same league as sopranos but then again nothing is.

I'm going to have to disagree with that. Back to front Wire season 1 is better than anything to ever come out of Sopranos. It's smarter, it's more captivating, it's better written, better acted, and way more realistic. Sopranos have too many high spot moments for the crowd to beat Wire season 1. After season 1 the show falls a bit in some parts but rises in others. All in all at it's best it's just as good if not better than Sopranos at its best. At their worst Sopranos just sucks. A lot of season 4. The Vito storyline of season 6. The Columbus episode. Wire never gets that bad.

rik

« Reply #85 on: September 16, 2007, 08:58:07 AM »

I'm going to have to disagree with that. Back to front Wire season 1 is better than anything to ever come out of Sopranos. It's smarter, it's more captivating, it's better written, better acted, and way more realistic. Sopranos have too many high spot moments for the crowd to beat Wire season 1. After season 1 the show falls a bit in some parts but rises in others. All in all at it's best it's just as good if not better than Sopranos at its best. At their worst Sopranos just sucks. A lot of season 4. The Vito storyline of season 6. The Columbus episode. Wire never gets that bad.

Really though.

Okka

« Reply #86 on: September 16, 2007, 09:04:42 AM »
season 4 was missing McNulty

What the fuck? Why?

Okka

« Reply #87 on: September 16, 2007, 09:08:32 AM »
^ I never seen OZ but I would say it's better than the Sopranos.

"The Oz" is very dope too, but yeah "The Wire" is waaaaayyyy more better then "The Sopranos"...

rik

« Reply #88 on: September 16, 2007, 09:16:19 AM »
thats too bad.... i think they could keep going for a few more seasons...

Yeah, but then you run the risk of going out the way The Sopranos did.

Okka

« Reply #89 on: September 16, 2007, 09:37:28 AM »
Why is McNulty in season 4, somebody tell me?  :-\