Author Topic: espy awards  (Read 2118 times)

floatin_above_everything

Re: espy awards
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2007, 01:18:46 PM »
Get off his dick, he's been in the league what 3-4 years? Already lead a team of underachievers into the finals, true they didn't win a game, but most overrated ever... ::)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2007, 01:26:23 PM »
espy breakdown

Best male Athlete=LT
Best NFL Player= LT
Best Record Breaking Performance=LT
Like Nothing Else=LT
Best NBA Player= Lebron James
Best Male Tennis Player=Roger Federer
Best Championship Performance= Peyton Manning
Best Golfer= Tiger Woods
Best Team=Colts
Best Coach/Manager=Tony DUngy
Best Female Athlete=Taryne Mowatt
Best Female College Athlete=Taryne Mowatt
Best Game= Boise St. VS Oklahoma
Best play= Boise St. Statue of Liberty Play
Best Moment=New Orleans Saints Return to the Superdome
Best Finish=Dodgers comeback against the Padres
The inaugural Jimmy V ESPY for Perseverance=Kay Yow
The Arthur Ashe Courage award=Trevor Ringland and Dave Cullen
Best Upset=Golden State VS Dallas
Best Breakthrough Performance=Devin Hester
BEst Sports Movie= Talledega Nights the Ballad of Ricky Bobby
best baseball Player=Derek Jeter
Best WNBA Player= Lisa Leslie
Best NHL player=Sidney Crosby
Best Fighter=Floyd Mayweather
Best Driver=Jeff Gordon
Best Female Tennis Player=Maria Sharapova
Best male College Athlete=Kevin Durant
Best MLS Athlete= Landon Donovan

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2007, 01:27:04 PM »
Get off his dick, he's been in the league what 3-4 years? Already lead a team of underachievers into the finals, true they didn't win a game, but most overrated ever... ::)

He walks into the Finals and everyone rides his dick for it, some even claiming he's the 2nd coming of Jordan...Making that Finals is part of the reason he's so damn overrated. Now get off MY dick...

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2007, 01:28:05 PM »
LeBron=most overrated player in NBA history. Yes, more overrated than Wade himself...

lol

How is this funny? Even NBA analysts who ride his dick can agree with this.

proove it then.

After his performance in the playoffs you can not say he's overrated. sure he lost in the finals. but he fought his way to there as a leader.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2007, 01:29:38 PM »
LeBron=most overrated player in NBA history. Yes, more overrated than Wade himself...

lol

proove it then.

After his performance in the playoffs you can not say he's overrated. sure he lost in the finals. but he fought his way to there as a leader.

Very true, he didn't walk to the finals by any means, they beat NJ & Detroit.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2007, 01:33:07 PM »

lol

proove it then.

His performance in the playoffs? LMAO. He had ONE good game, where there was NO DEFENSE on him whatsoever, and he was considered a choke in many of the others...And as expected, dude disappeared in the finals when some defense was actually played against him. LMAO@saying James is not overrated because of his play in the playoffs...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2007, 01:33:36 PM »

lol

proove it then.

Yea, two very shitty playoff teams, obviously...

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2007, 01:39:28 PM »
espy breakdown ACCORDING to NIK

Best male Athlete=Kobe Bryant
Best NFL Player= don't watch it, but if Kobe Played ....Kobe Bryant
Best Record Breaking Performance=Kobe's scoring Run
Like Nothing Else=Kobe Bryant
Best NBA Player= Kobe Bryant
Best Male Tennis Player=Kobe Bryant, he's got a mean ass back hand
Best Championship Performance= Kobe Bryant
Best Golfer= Kobe Bryant, i watch him at the country club all the time
Best Team=The Lakers
Best Coach/Manager= Phil Jackson
Best Female Athlete= Shaquille O'neal
Best Female College Athlete= ----Kobe's sister, LaQuania
Best Game= Kobe Vs Spurs in the regular season, that prooved that if the lakers would have beaten the suns they would have beaten the spurs and won the championship....just one rebound away!
Best play= Kobe Dunks
Best Moment= Kobe's wins againt elite teams early in the season
Best Finish= End of game 3 Kobe's Vs Suns
The inaugural Jimmy V ESPY for Perseverance= Kobe for taking a team full of CBA players to the playoffs
The Arthur Ashe Courage award= Kobe for asking to be traded, go kobe!
Best Upset= the suns beating the lakers....biggest upset in HISTORY
Best Breakthrough Performance= Jordan Farmar
BEst Sports Movie= The Kobe Video
best baseball Player= Kobe, plays center field at the park
Best WNBA Player= Shaq
Best NHL player= Kobe, he moonlights for the Kings@ staples when the lakers arn't playing
Best Fighter= Kobe...killed chris childs
Best Driver= Kobe.....he's mean in that porche on the 405
Best Female Vanessa Bryant
Best male College Athlete= Javaris Crittenton
Best MLS Athlete= Coby Jones.....he plays in LA AND his name is jut like KOBE'S!!

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2007, 01:40:51 PM »

lol

proove it then.

his performance in the play offs wasn't half as  bad as kobe's in the last 3/4 years

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2007, 01:41:29 PM »

lol

proove it then.

lol at detroit being a shitty team

strike TWO!

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2007, 01:41:53 PM »

lol

proove it then.

LOL with all your cursing in every post, u get so mad, and you'll say anything to discredit Lebron. I guess because you know eventually ( very soon ) he's gonna take Kobe's place as the best player in the league. Now go ahead and slam on your keyboard hard as you can to tell me how overrated Lebron is. His team was not good, he LED them to the finals. LOL at you calling these teams shitty, I'd love to see you out there.

Sparegeez

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2007, 01:43:13 PM »
espy breakdown ACCORDING to NIK

Best male Athlete=Kobe Bryant
Best NFL Player= don't watch it, but if Kobe Played ....Kobe Bryant
Best Record Breaking Performance=Kobe's scoring Run
Like Nothing Else=Kobe Bryant
Best NBA Player= Kobe Bryant
Best Male Tennis Player=Kobe Bryant, he's got a mean ass back hand
Best Championship Performance= Kobe Bryant
Best Golfer= Kobe Bryant, i watch him at the country club all the time
Best Team=The Lakers
Best Coach/Manager= Phil Jackson
Best Female Athlete= Shaquille O'neal
Best Female College Athlete= ----Kobe's sister, LaQuania
Best Game= Kobe Vs Spurs in the regular season, that prooved that if the lakers would have beaten the suns they would have beaten the spurs and won the championship....just one rebound away!
Best play= Kobe Dunks
Best Moment= Kobe's wins againt elite teams early in the season
Best Finish= End of game 3 Kobe's Vs Suns
The inaugural Jimmy V ESPY for Perseverance= Kobe for taking a team full of CBA players to the playoffs
The Arthur Ashe Courage award= Kobe for asking to be traded, go kobe!
Best Upset= the suns beating the lakers....biggest upset in HISTORY
Best Breakthrough Performance= Jordan Farmar
BEst Sports Movie= The Kobe Video
best baseball Player= Kobe, plays center field at the park
Best WNBA Player= Shaq
Best NHL player= Kobe, he moonlights for the Kings@ staples when the lakers arn't playing
Best Fighter= Kobe...killed chris childs
Best Driver= Kobe.....he's mean in that porche on the 405
Best Female Vanessa Bryant
Best male College Athlete= Javaris Crittenton
Best MLS Athlete= Coby Jones.....he plays in LA AND his name is jut like KOBE'S!!

LOL. I'm not gonna lie, that was pretty fuckin funny hahaha

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2007, 01:47:09 PM »
An Island of Reason in the Ocean of LeBron Love

By Craig Kwasniewski

Still weeks away from the start of the NBA Finals and the "LeBron is GOD!!!" media blowjob bandwagon has now reached convoy proportions. I've read and heard stories about LeBron dominating the NBA for the next decade, LeBron surpassing Kobe as the best player in the NBA, LeBron dominating the NBA marketing machine and LeBron curing SARS, the Bird Flu and the West Nile Virus (and all other Fox News fear mongering diseases).

This is what happens when you have something like 27 days between the conference finals and the The Finals. With the Spurs (a bunch of flopping, nice guys who all get along) facing Cleveland (a crappy roster led by a top-five baller who got a first and second round bye in the playoffs) there's really nothing much to write about. So instead of waxing poetic about the flop-off between Anderson Varejao and Manu Gynobili, the media's left scrambling for any kind of storyline. Basically we're left with non-stop overblown LeBron James hyperbole. (Remember how people were saying Manu Gynobili was one of the best players in the NBA after having a few good games in the 2005 NBA Finals? Well, it's the same thing, but magnified because We're All Witnesses.)

Here's some of my thoughts about all the hype:

Game Five was *NOT* the Greatest Game Ever! Before all the LBJ fans start calling me a hater, LeBron's performance in Game 5 was awesome. As I wrote a few days ago, "This was one of those games that takes the quotes out of the word "superstar" separating the great from the anointed/promoted greats."

But how great of a game is it if the opposing team plays ZERO defense? Here's the top three problems (of many) that I saw in Detroit's "defensive scheme":

1. The Pistons didn't double LeBron as he dribbled the ball up court. When Kobe was dropping 50 points a game, opposing defenses started triple teaming him has he crossed the halfcourt line, daring Kobe to pass the ball to wide open teammates. Detroit needed to do something similar, especially with LeBron's court vision and un-Kobe-like trust in his teammates.

2. The Pistons were horrible on their defensive switches. How else can you explain Jason Maxiell guarding LeBron from the top of the key with less that two minutes left and no help defense? (I'm talking to you Mr. Big Shot!)

3. Finally, the Pistons forgot how to close off the lane when LeBron penetrated. In fact, the artist formerly known as Tayshaun Prince literally sprinted out of the way as LeBron drove the lane. You're telling me that Prince was more concerned with being YouTube-ized than to make a key defensive stop in the most important game of the Eastern Conference Finals?

Well Tayshaun, you still ended up on YouTube. Here's the Top Five Plays from Game 5. Three of them show LeBron penetrating the lane for uncontested dunks. The fourth play shows Prince sprinting out the lane as though LeBron's carrying a bomb. Possibly the worst defensive moment in Prince's career:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/rZkt6yu5vag" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/rZkt6yu5vag</a>

That three pointer to tie the game (play #2) was flat out sick! But with three of the top five plays happening against ZERO defense, how is this game one of the greatest games in playoff history? MJ, Wade, Kobe, Iverson, Magic, Bird, etc. can also have one of the greatest games in playoff history against zero defense. Let's give LeBron his moment, but let's not get carried away with what Game 5 was... the best single effort in one of the least compelling post seasons in NBA history.

The LeBron IV's are not flying off the shelves. Despite the fact that We're All Witnesses, we're *NOT* witnessing the LeBron IV's on our feet. I don't have the sale figures in front of me, but I do know what I see. I've been to the Nike outlet store in Camarillo twice in the past 6 weeks and both times I've seen the LeBron IV's in all sizes selling for less than $90 (they retail for $149.99). In fact, you can get a pair for $119.99 at eastbay.com.

Stop the whole LeBron-Kobe comparisons! The local media out here in LA has been arguing that LeBron is better than Kobe because he took a less talented team to the NBA Finals. Hogwash I say! Seriously, this argument is giving me a headache. First off, the Cavs truly got a first round bye when they faced the Wizards without their two best players in Gil-Zero and Caron Butler. Whereas the Lakers faced off against Phoenix, one of the top three teams this year.

LeBron could have had 35-8-8 every game against Phoenix and the Cavs would still lose in five.

Let's look at the staring five of both teams. The Lakers started Jordan Farmar (a rookie), Luke Walton (with genetically damaged ankles, he's Bill Walton's son for crissake), Lamar Odom (torn shoulder, injured knee, league rule prevents him from hitting the bong) and Kwame Brown (as my friend Matt says, "Has ass-cheeks for hands")... you're telling me that LeBron would do better with those four? The Cavs start Sasha Pavlovic, Larry Hughes, Drew Gooden and Ilgauskas (two-time NBA All-Star!!!)... possibly one of the worst starting five for the Finals, but still better than the Lakers.

Both players are great, but given that there's a high number of Kobe Bryant detractors, there will always be a huge support of the whole "(insert hot NBA star player here) is better than Kobe Bryant" talk. You had it last year with Wade and you'll hear it again with someone else.

What I'm saying is, this lame sportstalk radio topic simply exists because we have way too much time to kill before the NBA Finals start (which I believe is 4th of July weekend). Stick to more important topics, like Lindsay Lohan's spiraling career or Britney Spears' cottage cheese ass.

Until then, check out another photo of the Pistons *NOT* guarding the lane:

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2007, 01:48:20 PM »

lol

proove it then.

lol at detroit being a shitty team

strike TWO!

LOL@Jake acting like he watches basketball. Detroit has been a TERRIBLE playoff team under Flip Saunders...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2007, 01:49:07 PM »

lol

proove it then.

his performance in the play offs wasn't half as  bad as kobe's in the last 3/4 years

Kobe's performance in the last couple years has been MVP worthy...LeBron subsided this season, he didn't even make All-NBA first team. :-X