Author Topic: espy awards  (Read 2120 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: espy awards
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2007, 04:27:37 PM »
no he wouldn't , t mac has weaker leadership skills. better than kobe though

:laugh:

You just love Shaq too much, Jake...T-Mac hasn't been out of the first round. LeBron James woulda' never made the playoffs as of now if he played in the west. Kobe>>>T-Mac>LeBron. :-*

1. what do t-mac's back , lebron james' uprising , and kobe's leadership skills have to do with shaq?
2. true t-mac has never made it out of the first round when leading his own team, however neither has kobe, as a matter of fact though t-mac has won more first round games though.
3. you can't really say james would have never made the playoffs in the west. if he was drafted by the nuggets he'd have a different set a players and a different build up around him which would deal with the matchups in the west you can't say he wouldn't and i can't say he would, at the end of the day though he's still playing at a level that is superior to most in the league, also he has better leadership skills than kobe.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2007, 05:03:26 PM »
LeBron has leadership skills? :laugh:

All this time, I thought the main knock on him was that he disappears on his team and doesn't prevail in clutch moments. That he needs to step up and gain that killer mentality Kobe has...Jake. You're a joke. Your whole existance on this board is to go against anything I say. To hate on Kobe as much as you can, while praising anyone who's been compared. Even if it has to be someone who you've knocked in the past, such as LeBron...And yes, this all stems from your love for Shaq...PeACe

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2007, 11:04:24 PM »

All this time, I thought the main knock on him was that he disappears on his team and doesn't prevail in clutch moments. That he needs to step up and gain that killer mentality Kobe has...Jake. You're a joke. Your whole existance on this board is to go against anything I say. To hate on Kobe as much as you can, while praising anyone who's been compared. Even if it has to be someone who you've knocked in the past, such as LeBron...And yes, this all stems from your love for Shaq...PeACe

My man is the KING of irony! 8)

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2007, 11:18:59 PM »

he just became a leader. like i said during the series against the pistons i watched lebron james become a man that day
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2007, 11:25:41 PM »

LOL at this being a shaq thing

no, nik, Lebron after this year and maybe last has made people believers, he's only 22 and is already playing at a level that rivals kobe.  at 22 he has amazing leadership skills, he's not Jordan yet. but by the time he hits his prime i'd be scared.

also my critique on him in the past was this: people were already handing him the crown, much like they were to tim duncan when he came out. it pissed me off because he proved nothing. he didn't make the playoffs. then he made it to the playoffs and did nothing. then he won a series and made a dent. then he takes his team to the number 2 seed and to the finals. i'm impressed with his progression, he's been int he league for not even half of a decade and he's already a top scorer passer and leader int he league. i'm amazed, we're not sitting around waiting on him to develope skills like we are with bynum, like jermain o'neal, ect.  he's coming out the gate like his name was jeff gordon. he's progressing much faster than kobe did. i still say Melo should have won rookie of the year. but you know what lebron has lived up to the hype. he's on path to be a champion and a hall of famer.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2007, 11:31:26 PM »

no, nik, Lebron after this year and maybe last has made people believers, he's only 22 and is already playing at a level that rivals kobe.  at 22 he has amazing leadership skills, he's not Jordan yet. but by the time he hits his prime i'd be scared.

also my critique on him in the past was this: people were already handing him the crown, much like they were to tim duncan when he came out. it pissed me off because he proved nothing. he didn't make the playoffs. then he made it to the playoffs and did nothing. then he won a series and made a dent. then he takes his team to the number 2 seed and to the finals. i'm impressed with his progression, he's been int he league for not even half of a decade and he's already a top scorer passer and leader int he league. i'm amazed, we're not sitting around waiting on him to develope skills like we are with bynum, like jermain o'neal, ect.  he's coming out the gate like his name was jeff gordon. he's progressing much faster than kobe did. i still say Melo should have won rookie of the year. but you know what lebron has lived up to the hype. he's on path to be a champion and a hall of famer.

HAHAHAH WTF!  Jermaine has been to 6 straight all star games and has been a mvp candidate, how r we waiting for JO to develop!?!?!  That was stupid man.  JO has been one of the best 7 or 8 players in the league the las 5 years and thats not about to change.

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2007, 11:45:08 PM »
JO lmao a top 7-8 player? top 15 yea 7-8 hell no
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2007, 11:45:56 PM »
we're talking about when jo was 18-23 years old, he wasn't doing even a quarter of what james is doing. JO took like 6-7 years to even start being all star worthy . james at 19 was already that. like i said james has met expectations. we're not sitting around waiting on him to develope like we are with bynum like we were with JO, and like we were and still are to a point with kobe.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2007, 11:47:48 PM »
we're talking about when jo was 18-23 years old, he wasn't doing even a quarter of what james is doing. JO took like 6-7 years to even start being all star worthy . james at 19 was already that. like i said james has met expectations. we're not sitting around waiting on him to develope like we are with bynum like we were with JO, and like we were and still are to a point with kobe.

its not JO's fault that Port never let him play.  and yes Jat, he is easily one of the best 6 or 7 best players in whole nba

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2007, 12:00:08 AM »
but still even when he got to indy and averaged what like 40-41 minutes a game i know he wasn't a beast.  he was stil developing...23 years old and he still wasn't the player Lebron james was at 19-22.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2007, 12:04:54 AM »
but still even when he got to indy and averaged what like 40-41 minutes a game i know he wasn't a beast.  he was stil developing...23 years old and he still wasn't the player Lebron james was at 19-22.

yes he is a beast!  this is why JO is a top player in this league,  he is a top5 defender while also being a 20-10 player.  how many players can dominate the game both offensively and defensively? not many, melo cant, wade cant, dirk cant, nash cant, lebron cant, Jermaine can!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 12:08:41 AM by Spice 2k7 »

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2007, 12:33:15 AM »
again HOW LONG did it take for him to get there. like i said even after he left portland his first year with the pacers he wasn't a beast.

it took him like 6 years to develop. lebron and melo didn't need that long

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2007, 09:59:00 AM »

The point is, LeBron is no better than he was last year!!...The east simply got weaker. The Cavs wouldn't even make the playoffs in the west, and if they did, they would definitely not pass the first round. This was the same problem with Wade's Heat last year...LeBron is overhyped and overrated. Dude didn't even make the first team All-NBA this year, how is he playing on a level rivaling Kobe? Dude plays no defense, dude has to improve his stroke drastically, dude is not refined at all! His teammates can't even depend on him 100%, especially not in the clutch! He's nowhere near Kobe... If Kobe was on the Cavs against the Spurs, it definitely would have not been a sweep...Kobe 22>LeBron 22...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2007, 09:59:50 AM »

LeBron got the push that JO didn't...

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2007, 05:20:03 PM »

yes he is a beast!  this is why JO is a top player in this league,  he is a top5 defender while also being a 20-10 player.  how many players can dominate the game both offensively and defensively? not many, melo cant, wade cant, dirk cant, nash cant, lebron cant, Jermaine can!

I like him and all, but how the fuck does JO DOMINATE anything? The Pacers aren't even close to being a respectable team, so I think dominating is the wrong choice of words.