Author Topic: Best artist not to make a decent album?  (Read 487 times)

Lunatic

Re: Best artist not to make a decent album?
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2007, 12:26:55 PM »
Jayo Felony

His debut had some solid classic tracks on it, but most of it was filler IMO
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

WC Iz Active

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2007, 12:42:37 PM »
Jayo Felony

WOW!  All of Jayo's albums bang, Take A Ride is a classic album!

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2007, 12:44:44 PM »
i thought of jadakiss as soon as i read the title of this thread

dude can drop a hot guest verse, but his albums aren't listenable

Yeah for some reason Styles or Sheeks albums are a lot more entertaining that Jada, but Jada is clearly the more talented MC of the 3... I wonder what the deal is?

For real? I think Jada makes better albums than Sheek Louch. Course though, Sheek got a a unique flow AND I slept on Jada for a longgg minute before too. I think when J Hood drops an album it'll be better than both Sheek's and Jada's albums.

Lunatic

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2007, 12:48:06 PM »
Jayo Felony

WOW!  All of Jayo's albums bang, Take A Ride is a classic album!

I dunno...I LOVED a couple tracks on take a ride, and then it got boring...perhaps i just wasn't in the right mindstate 2 listen 2 it...Whatcha Gonna Do was decent, also not great...Underground (more of an EP) is straight garbage..Crip Hop had decent prod. but that's about it

Let me also say I went into jayo's discography with HIGH expectations since everything i heard from him (apperances, loads of them, were all CRACK)

BritneySpears

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2007, 01:17:58 PM »

I'm gonna say T.I. and Chamillionaire. Both are good rappers, but they can't hold an album on their own. Jadakiss is also a good rapper, but I just don't like his music. Wish Bone is a great rapper who can't seem to get an album out at all.

Trap Muzik & Sound Of Revenge are FIRE :-\

Their voices are too monotone. One hour of them is too much for my ears.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2007, 01:22:59 PM »
jada for sure, i think he fails because he trys to hit the mainstream too much. Go the styles p route.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Lunatic

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2007, 01:26:00 PM »

I'm gonna say T.I. and Chamillionaire. Both are good rappers, but they can't hold an album on their own. Jadakiss is also a good rapper, but I just don't like his music. Wish Bone is a great rapper who can't seem to get an album out at all.

lol true...but technically if u don't like there voice, u can't say "they can't hold an album on there own" because it's not there raps, beat choices, subject matter and so on, that is what got u saying they can't make good albums, it's there voices...T.I. did Trap Muzik on his own basically (VERY few. ft's on the album) and that's a southern classic, and his work 2 date

Chamillionaire had a decent amount of guests on his debut, but a lot were for the hooks, and overall it was a good album...He delivered countless crazy lyrical verses, packed with creative tracks and good subject matter (rain, think im crazy)

to each his own though

StevenQBosell

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2007, 01:28:32 PM »
jada for sure, i think he fails because he trys to hit the mainstream too much. Go the styles p route.

Yeah Styles may not be producing classic albums, but they are focused, and he doesn't try to do an album with 8 potential singles

BritneySpears

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2007, 01:46:47 PM »

lol true...but technically if u don't like there voice, u can't say "they can't hold an album on there own" because it's not there raps, beat choices, subject matter and so on, that is what got u saying they can't make good albums, it's there voices...T.I. did Trap Muzik on his own basically (VERY few. ft's on the album) and that's a southern classic, and his work 2 date

Chamillionaire had a decent amount of guests on his debut, but a lot were for the hooks, and overall it was a good album...He delivered countless crazy lyrical verses, packed with creative tracks and good subject matter (rain, think im crazy)

to each his own though

Opinions vary, but to me... if I can't listen to your voice for an hour (max) straight, you didn't deliver a decent album. That they're lyrical is your opinion too, lol. Papoose is a lyricist. I don't think Cham is on his level and T.I. certainly ain't.

Lunatic

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2007, 01:52:36 PM »

to each his own though

Opinions vary, but to me... if I can't listen to your voice for an hour (max) straight, you didn't deliver a decent album. That they're lyrical is your opinion too, lol. Papoose is a lyricist. I don't think Cham is on his level and T.I. certainly ain't.

Cham & T.I. >>> Pappose IMO...being able 2 do mixtape songs, and shit is completely different than being able 2 do mainstream records...both take talent (decent mainstream records at least)

to most ppl, Cham & T.I. KILL the mixtape game, and both have made great mainstream tracks as well..Where-as Pap's mainsteam songs have been completely bland and un-inspired (every single song from pap that was labelled as a single from his upcoming album was so generic it was sad)

I never said T.I. was lyrical in here, but he certainly is on Trap Muzik...that album gives you everything

Meaninful, personal tracks: doin my job, i still luv you, be better than me, long live da game, i can't quit
creativity: t.i. vs. t.i.p.
southern classic tracks: 24s, look what i got, bezzle
straight lyrical 1s: be easy, no more talk
mainstream cuts: rubberband man & lets get away

pap will never drop an album remotely good as trap muzik is

and Cham's album was simply off the wall

I agree i can't listen to an album if i HATE your voice (ja rule, dmx, lil wayne fit this category for me)

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2007, 02:04:49 AM »

to each his own though

Cham & T.I. >>> Pappose IMO...being able 2 do mixtape songs, and shit is completely different than being able 2 do mainstream records...both take talent (decent mainstream records at least)

to most ppl, Cham & T.I. KILL the mixtape game, and both have made great mainstream tracks as well..Where-as Pap's mainsteam songs have been completely bland and un-inspired (every single song from pap that was labelled as a single from his upcoming album was so generic it was sad)

I never said T.I. was lyrical in here, but he certainly is on Trap Muzik...that album gives you everything

Meaninful, personal tracks: doin my job, i still luv you, be better than me, long live da game, i can't quit
creativity: t.i. vs. t.i.p.
southern classic tracks: 24s, look what i got, bezzle
straight lyrical 1s: be easy, no more talk
mainstream cuts: rubberband man & lets get away

pap will never drop an album remotely good as trap muzik is

and Cham's album was simply off the wall

I agree i can't listen to an album if i HATE your voice (ja rule, dmx, lil wayne fit this category for me)

Damn 250% true lol, +1 homie. I cant stand those voices either but Weezy is growing on me a bit these past few months, hes getting listenable, some tracks he just sounds like a idiot though lol!!!