Author Topic: XZIBIT THROWBACK SOUND  (Read 206 times)

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
XZIBIT THROWBACK SOUND
« on: August 07, 2007, 06:32:37 PM »
I would love Xzibit to not be Hollwood anymore and really put in his westcoast work like he used to the last time i really cared about Xzibit solo wise was in 2002 he needs to step his Game up

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Re: XZIBIT THROWBACK SOUND
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 06:37:14 PM »
I personally think Xzibit has stayed 'real' and 'outgoing' and kept true STILL unlike most cats who JUST stepped into the game. My opinion.

:-\

Blu Lacez

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 07:24:24 PM »
I personally think Xzibit has stayed 'real' and 'outgoing' and kept true STILL unlike most cats who JUST stepped into the game. My opinion.

:-\

Dude is not bad!!!
looking forward to any new material from X To Tha Z

Lunatic

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 08:53:47 PM »
Z is a monster, i don't see why his last 2 albums attracted so much hate :-\
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

d-nice

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 09:41:06 PM »
And why is it everytime a rapper does movies or tv, people say that affects the music. So now you can't be a good mc if you do movies?

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 09:55:39 PM »
I would love Xzibit to not be Hollwood anymore and really put in his westcoast work like he used to the last time i really cared about Xzibit solo wise was in 2002 he needs to step his Game up

No doubt.  His first three albums were all superior albums lyrically, production wise, and conceptually.  He was a West Coast emcee who stood for integrity. 

...then "Man vs. Machine" came out, and it had about 4 bangers on it that represented the Xzibit we all know and love, and the rest of it was all trash.  It sold well atleast.  It opened up at #3 I remember.  Then his last two albums I listened to once just to check them out and never was interested in hearing them again.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 09:58:01 PM »
I assent w/you most of the time, D-Nice but even Cube said in an interview that since '91(Boyz N Tha Hood) he has had deadlines music wise in between filming movies which, to him, affected the outcome.  I think most people will agree that the same type of situation occurred with Xzibit.  The focus is lost it seems when there are too many other influences.  Full Circle, for example, being on an independent label could have reestablished X to the Z but it turned out to be like most rap albums (too many fillers).  Granted, there were some really good songs like "Thank You" and "Black and Brown."  Just my opinion but we all know Xzibit is capable of so much more.

Lunatic

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 10:05:45 PM »
Bangers on MVM:

symphony in x major
multiply
harder
choke me spank me
losin your mind
my name
right on
what a mess

Bangers on WOMD:

l.a.x.
cold world
muthafucka
beware of us
criminal set
hey now
ride or die
crazy ho
tough guy
klack

Bangers on FC:

invade my space
rollin
say it 2 my face
scandalous bitch (nice story-telling track)
family values
black & brown
poppin off
thank you

y'all is sleepin :-\
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

d-nice

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2007, 10:11:54 PM »
I assent w/you most of the time, D-Nice but even Cube said in an interview that since '91(Boyz N Tha Hood) he has had deadlines music wise in between filming movies which, to him, affected the outcome.  I think most people will agree that the same type of situation occurred with Xzibit.  The focus is lost it seems when there are too many other influences.  Full Circle, for example, being on an independent label could have reestablished X to the Z but it turned out to be like most rap albums (too many fillers).  Granted, there were some really good songs like "Thank You" and "Black and Brown."  Just my opinion but we all know Xzibit is capable of so much more.

It just seems like when a album does not meet people's expectations, especially with artists that do work outside of hip hop that is the reason why. You have artists that all they have to do is make music and do not meet fans expectations. I don't disagree so much with Cube and he did make a nice comeback, but with X I think his last album was not marketed properly. Yeah it had some weak tracks but that album dropped out of nowhere damn near other than promotion on the internet.

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2007, 10:12:38 PM »
I usually agree with you as well Luni but you got to admit the production on Full Circle has very little replay value.  WOMD and MVM were so much better than Full Circle, I'll give you that.  And you forgot to mention "Heart of Men" from MVM.  That song exemplifies Xzibit.

d-nice

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2007, 10:19:05 PM »
Full Circle is my least favorite out of his albums, but I did like a majority of the tracks on the album.

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2007, 10:29:44 PM »

It just seems like when a album does not meet people's expectations, especially with artists that do work outside of hip hop that is the reason why. You have artists that all they have to do is make music and do not meet fans expectations. I don't disagree so much with Cube and he did make a nice comeback, but with X I think his last album was not marketed properly. Yeah it had some weak tracks but that album dropped out of nowhere damn near other than promotion on the internet.
IMO, Full Circle is almost an embarrassment to Xzibit's catalogue.  Maybe it's a good thing he only sold 20K first week.  It'll get him to refocus because the grind is different than when he first came out.  As for artists that do nothing but "music" most of them are talentless over marketed gimmicks(flavor of the day type shit).  Rappers and all human beings for that matter, have to realize that being themselves is what makes a better reality.  I am me I am free type shit.  The bottom line is very few people do that and that leads to the ridiculous garbage trends that we see nowadays on TV and radio.  These "artists" have to understand that not all hip hop consumers are trendy and semi-retarded.  There IS PLENTY of room to be oneself.  Lets allow them to do it, ya know?

d-nice

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2007, 10:40:52 PM »

IMO, Full Circle is almost an embarrassment to Xzibit's catalogue.  Maybe it's a good thing he only sold 20K first week.  It'll get him to refocus because the grind is different than when he first came out.  As for artists that do nothing but "music" most of them are talentless over marketed gimmicks(flavor of the day type shit).  Rappers and all human beings for that matter, have to realize that being themselves is what makes a better reality.  I am me I am free type shit.  The bottom line is very few people do that and that leads to the ridiculous garbage trends that we see nowadays on TV and radio.  These "artists" have to understand that not all hip hop consumers are trendy and semi-retarded.  There IS PLENTY of room to be oneself.  Lets allow them to do it, ya know?

I agree with that. I have no doubt in my mind Xzibit is one of the best to do it out west and he still has classic material left to drop.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 10:56:39 PM by D~Nice »

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2007, 10:51:16 PM »
No doubt, D.  :cheers:

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2007, 11:00:59 PM »
Word, his decline really started with MVM.  There was a few good joints on there, and he fucked up putting the joints that he did on that bonus disc.  Take those three joints, put them on the actual album itself and throw out a few of those bullshit joints on the actual and you have a much better feel to the album (did that even make sense, lol).  I HATED Dre's work on that album.  Those Dre beats sounded like generic leftovers that X found on a beat cd. 

I haven't bought X's last 2 albums as his lead singles were pure crap.  I heard "What You See Is What You Get" yesterday for the first time in a minute.  That's the X that I check for, not some minimalist copycat bitin bullshit like "Concentrate".