Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 173744 times)

KURUPTION-81

Re: Sticky: Football (Soccer) Thread
« Reply #705 on: February 03, 2008, 02:53:49 AM »
oh yeah chant of the day.

portsmouth fans to cashley cole "where's ya cheryl gone ?"

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

bez

« Reply #706 on: February 03, 2008, 03:02:39 AM »
lol at wheres ya Cheryl gone haha

we were robbed, grrrr

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #707 on: February 03, 2008, 03:13:32 AM »
lol at wheres ya Cheryl gone haha

we were robbed, grrrr

yeah saw that this morn, awful decision.

was it the ref who disallowed it or did the linesman flag ?

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #708 on: February 03, 2008, 04:36:36 AM »
you jammy bastards....

Bradford picked up 3 points away @ Macclesfield. nice!

was dean windass a gypsy ?

not that i was aware... hes at Hull now aswell.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #709 on: February 03, 2008, 04:41:03 AM »
you jammy bastards....

yeah i went and watched hull a month or so back and i was in there shop and windass autobiogrophy was there. At the bottom it says "from gipsyville to the premiership"

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Deano-Bryan-Robson/dp/1905080298/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1202042342&sr=1-1

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #710 on: February 03, 2008, 04:47:13 AM »
you jammy bastards....

yeah i went and watched hull a month or so back and i was in there shop and windass autobiogrophy was there. At the bottom it says "from gipsyville to the premiership"

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Deano-Bryan-Robson/dp/1905080298/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1202042342&sr=1-1

it would suprise me. my brother has the book, but he is in New Zealand so i can't read it.

excerpt from Amazon:

"Dean Windass is one of the real characters of British football. His exploits, on and off the field, are legendary. In this book, he lifts the lid on what it is really like to be a professional footballer in the modern age: the training, the big games and life away from the pitch. Deano charts his journey from a pea-packer at Birds Eye to a Valley Parade idol. The highs and lows of a career that has taken him from nonleague North Ferriby United to Hull City, Aberdeen, Oxford United, Bradford City, Middlesbrough, Sheffield's Wednesday and United, and back to Bradford again. His story has been nothing short of dramatic. Though never far from controversy, Deano's reputation as an old fashioned centre-forward, hitting the target over 200 times in his career, has made him popular with fans and players alike. He recalls the incidents that earned him a 'bad-boy' reputation and the moments of glory that made him a sporting hero. Ultimately, this is the story of a hardworking pro who stands out as a real man in the modern game. Deano blows the lid on what it is really like day in day out to stay at the top."

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #711 on: February 03, 2008, 08:04:27 AM »
you dont get many players now a days who had real jobs before playing football

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #712 on: February 03, 2008, 12:24:11 PM »
Windass wasn't actually too bad a player, had a pretty succesfull spell at Aberdeen as well. Where abouts in NZ is your brother Es-Jay, thats where i am.

The Maestro

Invincible

« Reply #713 on: February 03, 2008, 08:12:15 PM »
Great freekick from ronaldo !

Damn right. Spurs away today. The amount of goals they score at home is slightly worrying. But I think we'll get through it.

hopefully, im pissed off though. Found out i aint guarenteed a ticket for united arsenal in the cup. The arsenal fans will have my seat so instead of just relocating me like they did last season, i have to apply and hope i get one.

Shit, that sucks. I wouldn't wanna miss that game. United v Arsenal in the cup is usually a great match. Then again so is every match against the 2 teams.

Hopefully i will still get one im just annoyed that there is a doubt because last year they just gave you a different seat.

Got lucky yesterday, didnt play well at all !

Tevez is becoming a bit of a big game player scoring some crucial goals, liverpool, chelsea and spurs.

He is one scary looking guy though

Judging by this pic. Yer he sure is. half human, half something else, i dunno what though.
We got very lucky. In the fourth minute of injury time when we only had 3, didn't we?

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
« Reply #714 on: February 04, 2008, 02:54:56 AM »
I think we got the corner couple of seconds before the 3 minute mark...

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #715 on: February 04, 2008, 03:22:13 AM »
Windass wasn't actually too bad a player, had a pretty succesfull spell at Aberdeen as well. Where abouts in NZ is your brother Es-Jay, thats where i am.

Deano was a legend. my brother is somewhere in Auckland, working in a bar. i couldnt tell you the town name or the bar name though...

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #716 on: February 04, 2008, 12:52:54 PM »

Deano was a legend. my brother is somewhere in Auckland, working in a bar. i couldnt tell you the town name or the bar name though...

Aah rite, no worries, I'm the other end of the country.

The Maestro

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #717 on: February 05, 2008, 10:26:01 AM »

Aah rite, no worries, I'm the other end of the country.

ahhite, cool. travelling or living there permanently?

so, what is everyones expectations 2moro? after reading a couple of tabloids today it would appear Capello is whipping the boys into shape.

i have a prediction though. we go in at half time 1 up. return for the 2nd half overly confident and end up gettin rinsed.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #718 on: February 05, 2008, 12:06:32 PM »
Not to sure, im off to the game.

England still needs to win me over, appointing capello was a good start.

cStyle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #719 on: February 05, 2008, 12:17:15 PM »
any FC Porto fans in here? my team (Schalke04) is playin against yall in the championsLeague 1/8th finale we gone beat yall assses hahaha  ;D