Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 173910 times)

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: Football Thread
« Reply #4830 on: February 11, 2012, 07:11:35 AM »

Police forced to separate United and Liverpool players as Evra sparks tunnel bust-up

Police had to separate players from both Manchester United and Liverpool as emotions spilled over into violence in the tunnel at Old Trafford.

The Premier League match was already the centre of everybody's attention as it pitted Luis Suarez against Patrice Evra for the first time since the former was banned for eight matches for racially abusing the latter during the reverse fixture in October.

Any hope that football might be the focus of the afternoon was dismissed even before a ball was kicked when Suarez refused the offer of Evra's hand during the traditional pre-match handshake.
And after a few more distractions - namely Suarez booting the ball direct at the dugout on the stroke of half-time - tempers boiled over as the two sides made their way back to the dressing room.

It was reported that Evra was intent of speaking with Suarez over the handshake snub, but found his path to the striker blocked by Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel.

That was the cue for a melee involving several members of both teams to become embroiled in a pushing and shoving match, which took up to five minutes for police to mediate.

If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4831 on: February 11, 2012, 07:25:16 AM »
And former United defender Gary Neville also condemned the Uruguayan's actions.

He said: "Luis Suarez has completely blanked Evra — I'm not sure it was the wisest thing to do.

"I'm not sure it's helped his football club. Kenny Dalglish has been put in a position where he will have to defend him again.

"They don't like each other — I don't have a problem with that. It's what makes the Premier League the best in the world — we want this sort of tension.

LOL
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

blcxm

« Reply #4832 on: February 11, 2012, 07:49:41 AM »
Suarez is a cunt. i hate him with a passion.

bouli77

« Reply #4833 on: February 11, 2012, 08:00:20 AM »
Evra all the way 8)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/awy0IiNsZoY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/awy0IiNsZoY</a>

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4834 on: February 11, 2012, 10:01:18 AM »
Suarez is a cunt. i hate him with a passion.

just because is an ex-Ajax player...

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #4835 on: February 12, 2012, 07:10:01 AM »
Evra is a bitch  ... he shit on his national team and is always looking for laughable excuses when playing bad

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #4836 on: February 12, 2012, 07:10:43 AM »
Evra all the way 8)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/awy0IiNsZoY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/awy0IiNsZoY</a>

yeah what a clever move  :-X

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4837 on: February 12, 2012, 10:26:45 PM »
hala real madrid  8) ronaldos third goal what a dip

Lunatic

« Reply #4838 on: February 12, 2012, 10:56:29 PM »
Fuck Barca. Real win La Liga!
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

bouli77

« Reply #4839 on: February 15, 2012, 07:16:32 AM »
Evra is a bitch  ... he shit on his national team and is always looking for laughable excuses when playing bad

he didn't shit on the national team... a lot of things went wrong that year and i don't think evra's is to blame for everything. he has responsibility obviously, all the more since he was captain but still the media's depiction of players like Abidal, Evra, Anelka and Ribéry was laughable. their bad reputations are mostly based on hearsay and unconfirmed rumours. Evra, Abidal & Ribéry are all praised for their professionalism and are highly revered in their clubs. you don't become MU's captain like that. even Anelka, who's had a lot of problems with his coaches and teams throughout the years, have been hailed by some of the most reputable individuals in soccer (Ancelotti) as highly professional.

but yeah Evra got carried away a little bit when he captained France, no doubt, crying during the national anthem and stuff, it seemed faked, I think he went out of his way to do too much. talking too much during pre-game conferences, etc.

however, I don't think he is the "thug" that Roselyne Bachelot called out... I think L'equipe's journalists that did their cover and full coverage on Anelka's alleged words (which were not his actual words, btw, this has been confirmed by Henry, Abidal, Toualan, Lloris, Robert Duverne and probably others) did more harm to the french team and failed as serious journalists, but that's another story.

yeah what a clever move

while it's not clever, it certainly is no worse than what Suarez had done an hour and a half before. and more understandable, i could have done the same under similar circumstances. imagine you're being disrespected, again, and the best way to get back at the person is to win the game, once it's done, under so much pressure, you have to gloat and celebrate, not the brightest thing to do, but, hey, soccer players aren't necessarily the brightest dudes to begin with (not to caricature too much)

rayallen0

« Reply #4840 on: February 15, 2012, 01:35:11 PM »
he could be great here. Sounders? "Tottenham misfit David Bentley eyes loan to MLS" - ESPN Soccernet

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1022247/tottenham-misfit-david-bentley-eyes-loan-to-mls?cc=5901

bouli77

« Reply #4841 on: March 02, 2012, 05:45:14 AM »
Drogba is the man 8) he's way past his prime though and he choked big time during the African cup final, I hope that motivates him to come back next year stronger and win it, i know he has the guts to do it.

Portugoal

« Reply #4842 on: March 02, 2012, 08:43:36 PM »
your new wallpaper:

Lunatic

« Reply #4843 on: March 03, 2012, 10:49:02 AM »

100 mil or nothin  8)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com