Author Topic: Tha Dogg Pound Has Signed With Cash Money  (Read 1351 times)

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Tha Dogg Pound Has Signed With Cash Money
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2007, 03:24:36 AM »
Everyone on this site should be happy for them. Day in and day out around here, all I see is people bitching about the west coast not being respected. Cash Money comes along and gives DPG the opportunity to release a project to a broader area than just the west coast and everyone starts whining about it. All I can say is WHAT THE FUCK?! Does everyone here want the west coast to stay stagnant and continue to release albums that barely push 20k? Those are mixtape numbers! Cash Money did a great job keeping Mack 10's albums west coast and I'm sure they will do the same with the DPG.

I for one am glad DPG is making moves to keep their name relevant and maybe get some radio play some place else other than in Cali. Congrats to them.

EFFeX

« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2007, 07:00:22 AM »
DPG fans are the most confused fans... Ya'll all hated on "Cali Iz Active" for being too commercial...

WTF do you think this album is going to sound like?

crip-hop

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2007, 07:09:01 AM »
birdman will bee kissin' daz 8)

The Real Kilo2

« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2007, 07:26:54 AM »
The 1st sign of the apocalypse....  ::)

everlast1986

« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2007, 09:25:02 AM »
Not hating but maybe its what they need for anyone besides their followers to give a fuck about them anymore and for them to sell more than 20,000 records. Plus Cash Moneys west roster now shits on most other labels besides the obvious ones.

Iliveinthefuture

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2007, 09:55:56 AM »
lol they're still trying??? it's retirement time for them dudes 8)

EastsideLBC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2007, 10:21:44 AM »
nah they still got talent and if they can all get their heads on str8 and concentrate on just this one project then I think they could get some shine back........

That means Daz, Kurupt, Snoop, etc., whoever is workin' on this project needs to really step their game up.........do it for the true DPG fans..........

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2007, 11:54:04 AM »
not surprised atthis kurupt has been cool with cash money for a while, pretty sure at one point there was talk of his solo album going through cash money.

Dont know how this will affect the dpg sound, id rather they went the dogg chitt, dillinger young gotti route than cali iz active.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

WestCoasta

« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2007, 02:15:16 PM »
they better watch their money though, Baby seems to fuck over anybody he comes across

EastsideLBC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2007, 05:39:53 PM »
they better watch their money though, Baby seems to fuck over anybody he comes across

Im sure DPG wont let any1 pull a Suge on them...........they been there done that.........

AK

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2007, 11:22:37 PM »
first of all I'm down with this move. Just to put that out there.

but everyone keeps talkin bout Weezys killin the game right now and has all the buzz, but you gotta think about if he's still gonna be as hot and not played out when the DPG album drops.We're talking about like late 2008. Daz is still going to drop 2 solo albums, then Kurupts solo is gonna drop and as of right now word is that Westcoast Aftershocc is going to drop in early 2008, and we all know how accurate release dates are...so actually we're talking about mid-late 2008 for this album release. Will Weezy still have a hot buzz??
what ya'll think..

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2007, 11:42:17 PM »
Weeze is a young dude and has some years left on his stardom life...he should be ok unless some more damaging stuff arises ...... like that "kissing" stuff
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2007, 06:25:03 AM »
not surprised atthis kurupt has been cool with cash money for a while, pretty sure at one point there was talk of his solo album going through cash money.

In 2004 Kurupt said the Riflemen album might be under Cash Money.

~Loyalty Is Everything~

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2007, 06:31:18 AM »
Weeze is a young dude and has some years left on his stardom life...he should be ok unless some more damaging stuff arises ...... like that "kissing" stuff

or all those drugs he be taking take affect.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

gator313

« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2007, 10:19:17 AM »
I think the Dog Pound will be ok with Cash Money.   Some of Cash Money music was str8, like Baller Blocking track featuring E-40 and some of the Mack 10's bang or ball songs was pretty good.  Kurupt still has flow for the most part and Daz is still gangsta on the beats!!!  They will be fine.

West Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 10:52:26 AM by gator313 »