Author Topic: new iMac question  (Read 318 times)

WestCoasta

new iMac question
« on: August 21, 2007, 03:58:08 PM »
my PC is really fucked up and over the years I dread using my computer because it gets slow and viruses etc...

my brother has had a Mac for 3 years and never had a problem with it and I use his more than I do mine

so anyways, the one he has costs like $2,400 or some shit and I don't wanna spend that much

so I see they got a new iMac for about $1,200 and that is something I can work with if I pay monthly for a while

so my question is, would it really matter which one I get or are the iMac's more problematic and shitty quality compared to the other

should I get this new iMac or should I wait or what?   I need some advice from someone who uses Mac's

thanks

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: new iMac question
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 06:51:43 PM »
I personally don't know anything about macs, but it'd probably be a good idea to try and post a link to each of those 2 macs you mentioned so someone could explain the differences between the 2.

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 08:05:41 AM »
dude just grab the new iMac trust me you should be more than happy with it. Besides they just got refreshed so this is the best time to get one since you know there shouldn't be any new ones coming out for a bit.

WestCoasta

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 12:56:55 PM »
dude just grab the new iMac trust me you should be more than happy with it. Besides they just got refreshed so this is the best time to get one since you know there shouldn't be any new ones coming out for a bit.

yea I hear ya...

all I do is keep music and use the internet anyways, not like I need it for art and business etc.

so I guess what you're sayin is it's fine

The Watcher

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 05:18:58 PM »
just make sure you get the applecare within the first year
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 07:10:46 PM »
Dog I just bought the one for $1199.  It's my first Mac, and it's so fuckin ridiculously tight I'll prolly never go back to PC.  The user interface is genius, very natural, very easy to work your way around.  They're nearly impenetrable to viruses, the whole goddamn thing is built into the monitor which is about 1" thick.  You pull it out the box, 1 cord into the wall and you're set.  If you're hard up for Windows, you can partition a piece of your harddrive to run it.  They make Microsoft Office fully compatible for the Mac either way though.  I don't know man, I could go on forever but I fuckin love the thing.

Here's the specs on the 4 models:

20"
2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
1GB memory
250GB hard drive1
8x double-layer SuperDrive
ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT with 128MB memory
Ships: 3-5 business days
Free Shipping
$1,199.00
or as low as $29 a month

20"
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
1GB memory
320GB hard drive1
ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO with 256MB memory
Ships: 3-5 business days
Free Shipping
$1,499.00
or as low as $36 a month

24"
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
1GB memory
320GB hard drive1
Ships: 5-7 business days
Free Shipping
$1,799.00
or as low as $43 a month

24"
2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Extreme
2GB memory
500GB hard drive1
Ships: 5-7 business days
Free Shipping
$2,299.00
or as low as $55 a mont

WestCoasta

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 02:23:03 PM »
^  sounds good man

ya I know how good Mac's are, my brother has one and I love it, so much better than Windows, easy to maintain

I just wanted to find out if there were glitches or limitations or whatever on it but it seems like I hear nothin but good things

all I do is fuck around on the computer so it's gotta be good enough

I take it you got yours for business/work related shit as well?  if so then that gives me more confidence to get one

thanks for the advice

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 09:14:37 PM »
^  sounds good man

ya I know how good Mac's are, my brother has one and I love it, so much better than Windows, easy to maintain

I just wanted to find out if there were glitches or limitations or whatever on it but it seems like I hear nothin but good things

all I do is fuck around on the computer so it's gotta be good enough

I take it you got yours for business/work related shit as well?  if so then that gives me more confidence to get one

thanks for the advice

Word I take work home and do shit on it for a few hours a week.  It's slick as fuck.  I ain't found no glitches or limitations so far, keep in mind I only had it for a couple weeks now though.  But like just some dumb ass shit like like DL music, I got UnrarX instead of WinRar (which i had on pc) and that program is so much tighter.

But damn near any program / application that you use on PC can be found for mac.  just google the shit and you'll find it.