Author Topic: Post East Coast albums that you consider classics and why. Thread.  (Read 495 times)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Title
[img][\img]

Explanation. We all hip hop heads here, so let's discuss hip hop. Word niggas? Word. We all got our opinions, so I think we should show 'em, respectfully. I know threads on Message boards never stay organized but let's try, try, to keep this one the longest runnin' one. Everytime there are threads about classic's, there's always arguments, name calling, challenging, but this is the thread where ya'll can express your personal classics or personal favorites, maybe that's a better word, easily. Please post more than once. Share with us. Maybe alot more people will look into an album becuz of this, becuz it's all honesty, all recommendations, all hip hop. I tryed to do a simple layout, so it can easily be followed. As ya'll see. Title, image, explanation. I think this will be a good topic for the simple fact people can see what others is sayin'. Cuz I'm sure there'll be no discrediting, seeing it's your favorite/classic albums. Some reviews may not be as intelligent as others, some may not be as  ______ others, but it's all good. Wordd? Word. And do it as you want, do it as you will. Track by track. Generalized. However. Do you. One post after another of a favorite/classic Hip Hop album. And best believe I'ma prop every cat who posts and keeps it real. Hear me out on this fellas. Open some minds and ears.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Post East Coast albums that you consider classics and why. Thread.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 07:18:09 PM »
Das EFX - Dead Serious

Fuck it. Albums I consider to be classic, other niggas may be like, 'is this cat serious'? Just like everybody on this board. We all got different opinions. And I'ma finally express mines. I think this album is fuckin' hot shit.

To me, it's got everythang.

Flow? Untouchable niggas. Untouchable. I don't even care. Ain't nobody able to fuck wit that. Who doesn't think these niggas ride the beat? Who don't think that? For real. Who?

So you know they delivery is on point. If somebody disagrees, I want them to post up where they missed a beat at.

Thier lyrics? Oh come on man, ya'll know, wasn't anybody sounding like them. They started that. How creative and skillful was that? Be honest. Maybe to some they wasn't making no sense but they were creative and unique. Word?

Alotta people will prolly be like, 'that's wack, it get's old, they make no sense', yeah it's understandable, but you could say that for every or any album. I guess you really just gotta like it and appreciate it for what it was. How many cats jacked the style afterwards though?

When that happens, you know you doin' somethang right.

10 tracks. That's it. 10 fuckin' tracks. Not 25. No skit before every song. Just pure music. They know their limit. Every emcee I think does. It was their first album. 1992. And off the chain.

The videos they released, like 'Mic Checka' and 'They Want EFX', they had that NY style. Tims and hoodies. When they dressed like ordinary people. When they had that everyday thang. You gotta love it.

When a duo rap group could get away with lyrics like, I gave my oopsy, daisy, now you've got the crazy / Crazy with the books, Googley-goo where's the gravy / So one two, unbuckle my, um shoe / Yabba Doo, hippity-hoo, crack a brew / So trick or treat, smell my feet, yup I drippedy-dropped a hit / So books get on your mark and spark that old censorship / , or when they could get away with actual children song rhymes and still be considered hip hop and get respect and not placed with blame on killing hip hop but innovating it, shit like, My waist bone's connected to my hip bone / My hip bone's connected to my thigh bone / My thigh bone's connected to my knee bone / My knee bone's connected to my hardy-har-har-har / , I think they deserve some propz!

I call it classic for the beats, the flow, the unique lyrics, and for the concepts. I call is a classic for being able to nod your head to it, for being grim, for being East Coast and for being Hip Hop.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 08:25:42 PM »
Saukrates - Underground Tapes

I consider this classic cuz its easily the best Canadian cd ive ever heard. Saukrates is an ill mc and a dope producer. The beats bang and lyrics are clever. Its also has great guest appearences like Choclair, Pharoahe Monch, Common, Masta Ace, OC, and Helta Skelta. I dunno there isnt really much more to say, i can listen to this shit all the way through. If u dont have it, cop it.

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 10:16:17 PM »
Jedi Mind Tricks - Violent By Design, Visions of Ghandi

yup

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 01:39:41 AM »
Props for an original thread man, I really like and respect that idea.I'll post an album myslef soon
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 02:33:34 AM »
Das EFX - Dead Serious

Fuck it. Albums I consider to be classic, other niggas may be like, 'is this cat serious'? Just like everybody on this board. We all got different opinions. And I'ma finally express mines. I think this album is fuckin' hot shit.

To me, it's got everythang.

Flow? Untouchable niggas. Untouchable. I don't even care. Ain't nobody able to fuck wit that. Who doesn't think these niggas ride the beat? Who don't think that? For real. Who?

So you know they delivery is on point. If somebody disagrees, I want them to post up where they missed a beat at.

Thier lyrics? Oh come on man, ya'll know, wasn't anybody sounding like them. They started that. How creative and skillful was that? Be honest. Maybe to some they wasn't making no sense but they were creative and unique. Word?

Alotta people will prolly be like, 'that's wack, it get's old, they make no sense', yeah it's understandable, but you could say that for every or any album. I guess you really just gotta like it and appreciate it for what it was. How many cats jacked the style afterwards though?

When that happens, you know you doin' somethang right.

10 tracks. That's it. 10 fuckin' tracks. Not 25. No skit before every song. Just pure music. They know their limit. Every emcee I think does. It was their first album. 1992. And off the chain.

The videos they released, like 'Mic Checka' and 'They Want EFX', they had that NY style. Tims and hoodies. When they dressed like ordinary people. When they had that everyday thang. You gotta love it.

When a duo rap group could get away with lyrics like, I gave my oopsy, daisy, now you've got the crazy / Crazy with the books, Googley-goo where's the gravy / So one two, unbuckle my, um shoe / Yabba Doo, hippity-hoo, crack a brew / So trick or treat, smell my feet, yup I drippedy-dropped a hit / So books get on your mark and spark that old censorship / , or when they could get away with actual children song rhymes and still be considered hip hop and get respect and not placed with blame on killing hip hop but innovating it, shit like, My waist bone's connected to my hip bone / My hip bone's connected to my thigh bone / My thigh bone's connected to my knee bone / My knee bone's connected to my hardy-har-har-har / , I think they deserve some propz!

I call it classic for the beats, the flow, the unique lyrics, and for the concepts. I call is a classic for being able to nod your head to it, for being grim, for being East Coast and for being Hip Hop.

+1 thats a fucking dope cd!!! classic shit no doubt!!!

Jay_J

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 06:49:33 AM »
Royce Da 5'9" - Death is certain >>> Because it has great music and dope lyrics. 9 july produced his best beats for this album.
Nas - I am >>> Because also it has good beats, it's musiccaly 5/5

Dargine

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Main Underground Stream
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 09:11:28 AM »
Royce Da 5'9" - Death is certain >>> Because it has great music and dope lyrics. 9 july produced his best beats for this album.

Royce is from Detroit..
http://TheMUSblog.blogspot.com

Everything about The D.O.C, Obie Trice, The Notorious B.I.G, Young Buck, Eminem, Pipe da Snipe, Devin the Dude, Six Street Mac, Dr. Dre, B.G. Knocc Out, YG Hootie, 50 Cent, Nate Dogg, 4-Bent & Black Rob.

StevenQBosell

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 09:36:34 AM »
Necro - Brutality pt. 1
Necro - Gory Days
Wu Tang - Wu Tang Forever - the best 2 hip hop CD I've ever heard. Not one track gets skipped.
BIG - Ready To Die - East Coast Revival record
Anything by Jeru The Damaja
CNN - The War Report
Lil Kim - Hardcore... one of the most underrated debut albums ever... That album was smashing, a true east coast classic.

cStyle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 12:34:25 PM »
that Lakim Shabazz shit is slammin  :o 8)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 01:54:02 PM »
An' propz to all ya'll for contributing. Or to be contributed. ;)

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2007, 02:08:02 PM »
Big L - Lifestyles Of Da Poor And Dangerous

Best lyricist of all time. Beats are wicked. And a dope collabo with Jay-Z.

Big L - The Big Picture

The beats are even better on this one. More dope lyrics for your ear. Nice collabs on this one too. My fav is the one with Fat Joe.

Big L is the best lyricist of all time. If you dont have any of these then u need to pick em up, cuz he'll blow you away.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2007, 02:18:56 PM »
Fu-Schnickens - F.U. Don't Take It Personal

Another debut album classic. La Schmoove is one tight as fuck track, mann! As well as 'Ring The Alarm'. Another 10 tracks. Another group who keeps in consistent, in my opinion. Another album you can listen to with no 'gotta skip this track' joints. I don't man. Album's off the chain. It's Hip Hop. But that shit.

--Vance--

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You can't spell Dilate without L.A.
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2007, 02:38:54 PM »

First of all DJ Premier is the best producer on the east coast. period. I started to listen to hip hop music about the time "Full Clip" dropped. I felt in love with Premo's beats, bought the Full Clip album and I discovered "You know My Steez" there.  Copped MOT after that and wasn't wasn't disappointed. CLASSIC hip hop shit!!!

The year 2000. An older friend of mine introduced me this guy Afu-Ra and I couldn't stop listening to tracks like "Defeat" and especially "Equality", this is Hip Hop to the fullest. God damn I remember when you could see his video on the TV. Today this is impossible.

Once again a Premo beat which is incredible >> "Mathematics". Other all time classic are the tracks "Hip Hop" "Ms. Fat Booty". With the years I realized what a great MC is behind this album. If Mos only kept this style for his other albums...

« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 02:40:30 PM by --Vance-- »

--Vance--

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You can't spell Dilate without L.A.
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2007, 02:43:13 PM »
Fu-Schnickens - F.U. Don't Take It Personal

Another debut album classic. La Schmoove is one tight as fuck track, mann! As well as 'Ring The Alarm'. Another 10 tracks. Another group who keeps in consistent, in my opinion. Another album you can listen to with no 'gotta skip this track' joints. I don't man. Album's off the chain. It's Hip Hop. But that shit.

+1 for bringin that shit back to my mind... Crazy crazy