Author Topic: New Snoop album news?  (Read 663 times)

LakersAlldaWay

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SG Valley, CA
New Snoop album news?
« on: August 28, 2007, 11:31:25 AM »
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.5634/title.snoop-goes-it-alone-for-next-lp

For anyone that wasn't counting, 16 out of 21 of the tracks on Snoop Dogg's last album, The Blue Carpet Treatment, had features - some more than one. So why is it that the Dogg Father plans on having his next LP, the appropriately-titled Ego Trippin' sans any guests?

"Me and Pharrell [Williams] went into the studio last night, and we're gonna start on this album called Ego Trippin'," Snoop told MTV. "I'mma do the whole record, me by myself. I don't want no guest rappers, no singer, nothing. Just Snoop Dogg. I want you to feel me. When I think of all the greats before me ... I bought Rakim's album the other day for the hundredth time, no guest rappers. I bought one of KRS-One's albums the other day for the hundredth time, no guest rappers.

"You lose focus after awhile when you're doing an album," continued the rapper. " 'Snoop, you got a new album coming out. Who's on it?' I'll be like, 'I got him on it, him on it, them on it.' When it's time to do the video, they'll do the video with me, but when it's time to do a show with them, 'Oh, I got a show in Germany,' or, 'I got to be in Paris.' You're left one-legged. Now it's time to show artists. Can you handle the whole weight? Do you got enough to do it on your own? Did you put yourself in a position where people love you for you — or for being associated with people? This record, I'm seriously ego-tripping like, 'I don't want you on my album. Nah, I don't need you.' "

Snoop added that he was inspired by Amy Winehouse's Back to Black, as she had no guests on her album, and he felt he experienced who she was better because of that.

"[When I'm listening], I'm learning who she is," he said of Winehouse. "But when you listen to James Brown, he did it by himself. Curtis Mayfield, by himself. Of course they did collaborations, but the [songs] that matter they did by themselves. I don't think people have got all of me yet. Doggystyle was about 95 percent of me. But I wanted Tha Dogg Pound on my album. This record, even if this record don't sell, that might be a blessing. It needs to get back to [letting people know] who you are. I don't know whose record I'm buying right now because it's so many people on it. Is it a compilation? What is it?"

Snoop also discussed a record that will be on a soundtrack to a film titled A Woman's Worth. "It's going to speak directly to some of these women who speak negatively of me and who don't understand me," said Snoop. "It's going to be a movie and a record. This is something I was thinking about nine months to a year ago, but it just so happens all this hoopla is happening now This is the perfect time to shoot it into delivery."

---------------------------

Sounds very good to me. I think  Snoop should stick to one or two producers for the whole album and keep it solo. I've been saying this for a long time now...albums lack real stories to tell. If Snoop pulls this off, it could be a classic.

Lunatic

Re: New Snoop album news?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 11:39:00 AM »
i saw this a couple of minutes ago, and was gonna post it, but it looks awfully similar to the story they ran a few months ago :-\
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

STONED KITTY

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 11:43:41 AM »
That sounds dope but with Pharell again??  :grumpy:

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 12:04:42 PM »
If Pharells hits Snoop with beats like 'Vato', I don't see a problem. Snoop sounds good over dark beats by Pharell/ The Neptunes.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 12:07:02 PM »
^^
Yeah, you always gotta keep your fingers crossed when Pharell is in the mix. It worked out on The Blue Carpet Treatment, yes, but will it work again?

If he'd ask me, I'd tell him to mess with Meech Wells & Terrace Martin. They've been knocking out heat. Couldn't go wrong with Battlecat or Fredwreck either, though they haven't let us hear anything much for a while.

nad45

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 12:08:51 PM »

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 12:22:27 PM »
Meech Wells would be a very good idea but for some reason, they don't seem to get down anymore eventhough both have expressed interest in working together again. Sure, I'd rather have him then Pharell but thing is that if we do get Pharell, which is more likely then getting Meech, he'd better come up with something dark.

There not being guests (though surely background vocals) probably saves us from getting features by Pharell, Justin Timberlake or what other pop guests Snoop can come up with.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

no1wammy

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 01:25:36 PM »
An ego trippin track
http://www.zshare.net/audio/29160390ccf986/

Snoop's doing R&B now!? :o

And did Fingazz produce the track? He's the only person I know (aside from MC Magic) that can toss in a talkbox.

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 01:49:26 PM »
looking forward to this

shay

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • "thro some money up thats are trademark boy COB
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2007, 02:01:35 PM »
Snoop  ???

Brazemac

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2007, 02:09:14 PM »
dam that song was dope homie.
sounds like snoops doin the talk box.

The Game & Raekwon The Chef All Into Da DUBCNN MAGAZINE!

exiler

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2007, 02:11:23 PM »
 ??? in my opinion snoops dead.... there was snoop but with that kinda shit theres nothing left.... :'(

Blu Lacez

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2007, 02:13:11 PM »

I'm Not Sure,that is A Talkbox..Sounds more like a Vocoder..similar to what T.Pain uses..

Sosna

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2007, 02:13:54 PM »
Damn, is it official that "Sexual Eruption" is from "Ego Trippin'"?

I think this album would B dope, if Snoop would make on it tracks like JT The Bigga Figga - "Mr. Vice President", "Must Be The Ice", "Wonderful Feeling" - they R dope, I luv talk box and vocoder, this shit is crazy 4 me...

It's vocoder I think..

Brazemac

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2007, 02:16:24 PM »
yea you guys right its a vocoder but its definetly not fingazz sounds like snoop to me.

The Game & Raekwon The Chef All Into Da DUBCNN MAGAZINE!