Author Topic: My phone > iPhone (Now: My phone = iPhone)  (Read 65952 times)

RAIDErs of the lost ark

Re: My phone > iPhone
« Reply #120 on: September 10, 2007, 05:08:09 PM »
^lol so people spend money on itunes rather than sending songs to each other for FREE. they thinkin of the money!

I hate this,I exchange files with other cell phones and computers all the time.
Tony; it got bluetooth,but you can't exchange files,you can only use it with a bluetooth handsfree.

hopefully once the thing is fully hacked they'll enable file transfer. verizon does the same thing with their phones.

So ej.rizo any luck with disabling the bluetooth block?

BTW,I have modified ALL the youtube links,so now you just got to press play.
There's video presentation/review/preview for most of the phone's I posted.(go to the previous pages)

acctually the iPhone DOES have bluetooth... but its simply for Bluetooth ear pieces..

but i have installed all kinds of stuff on my phone and have enabled ssh so i can install stuff and take out stuff from my phone including native applications (we arent talkin java here) and other things over WiFi through a SFTP connection straight to the phone... works GREAT!... i have my phone hacked crazy

Let´s start here;
QUOTE 1; From Raide;
Tony; it got bluetooth,but you can't exchange files,you can only use it with a bluetooth handsfree.

As you can read,I know that Iphone got Bluetooth,but you can´t exchange files.

QUOTE 2; From Raide
So ej.rizo any luck with disabling the bluetooth block?

So I ask you again,any luck with ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Next issue,you know what a "smartphone" is right?

Smartphone;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smartphone

A smartphone is a full-featured mobile phone with personal computer like functionality. Most smartphones are cellphones that support full featured email capabilities with the functionality of a complete personal organizer.

An important feature of most smartphones is that applications for enhanced data processing and connectivity can be installed on the device,[1] in contrast to regular phones which support sandboxed applications.
These applications may be developed by the manufacturer of the device, by the operator or by any other third-party software developer.

Smartphone features tend to include Internet access, e-mail access, scheduling software, built-in camera, contact management, accelerometers and some navigation software as well as occasionally the ability to read business documents in a variety of formats such as PDF and Microsoft Office.

Operating Systems
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smartphone

The most common operating systems (OS) used in smartphones are:
Symbian OS from Symbian Ltd. (72.4% Market Share)
Symbian has the largest share in most markets worldwide, but lags other companies in the relatively small but highly visible North American market.[7] This matches the success of its largest shareholder[8] and customer, Nokia, in all markets except Japan. Nokia itself enjoys 44.5% of the smartphone market.[9] In Japan Symbian is strong due to a relationship with NTT DoCoMo, with only one of the 44 Symbian handsets released in Japan coming from Nokia.[10] It is used by all the major handset manufacturers,including
-Nokia
-Sony Ericsson
-Motorola
-Samsung
-LG and
-BenQ.
It has received some adverse press attention due to virus threats (actually trojan horses).[12]

Symbian is currently owned by Nokia (47.9%), Ericsson (15.6%)+Sony Ericsson (13.1%)=28.7%, Panasonic (10.5%), Siemens AG (8.4%) and Samsung (4.5%). While BenQ has acquired the mobile phone subsidiary of Siemens AG the Siemens AG stake in Symbian does not automatically pass to BenQ - this will need the approval of the Symbian Supervisory Board.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbian_OS
www.symbian.com

Windows Mobile from Microsoft (6.1% Market Share)
Windows CE operating system along with Windows Mobile middleware are widely spread in Asia. The two improved variants of this operating system, Windows Mobile 6 Professional (for touch screen devices) and Windows Mobile 6 Standard were unveiled February 2007 and in the first half of 2008 respectively.

RIM BlackBerry operating system (5.3% Market Share)
This OS is focused on easy operation and was originally designed for business. Recently it has seen a surge in third party applications and has been improved to offer full multimedia support.

Linux operating system (13.3% Market Share)
Linux is strongest in China where it is used by Motorola,[13] and in Japan, used by DoCoMo.[14] Rather than being a platform in its own right, Linux is used as a basis for a number of different platforms developed by several vendors, including Motorola and TrollTech, which are mostly incompatible.[15][16] PalmSource (now Access) is moving towards an interface running on Linux.
Another platform based on Linux is being developed by
-Motorola
-NEC
-NTT DoCoMo
-Panasonic
-Samsung and
-Vodafone.

Palm OS developed by PalmSource (now a subsidiary of ACCESS). (1.6% Market Share)
PalmSource traditionally used its own platform developed by Palm Inc. Access Linux Platform (ALP) is an improvement that is planned to be launched in the first half of 2007. It will use technical specifications from the Linux Phone Standards Forum. The Access Linux Platform will include an emulation layer to support applications developed for Palm-based devices.

Mac OS X from Apple, Inc. (1.3% Market Share)
The iPhone uses an operating system derived from Mac OS X. Note that Apple and AT&T do not currently allow third party programs to be installed onto iPhones.
Officially, developers can only write applications for the iPhone by creating a web service that can be accessed via the included web browser. However, some have reported being able to install applications onto the iPhone via unofficial methods.

Market Share data from Canalys report "Worldwide smart mobile device market, Canalys Q2 2007

So that means that for example phones like me and Tony use that run
Symbian OS can install 3rd party software and has been able to do so for years.
...simple JAVA applications ain´t that bad,so don´t make a big deal about that.
If you want to check what 3rd party applications that available for Symbian and Windows Mobile;
Symbian;
http://allaboutsymbian.com/software/
www.getjar.com/software/Symbian
www.freesymbiansoft.com/
www.getsymbian.com/
www.handango.com/SoftwareCatalog. jsp?siteId=1&N=7&platformId=4
Windows Mobile;
www.mobiletopsoft.com/pocket-pc/
windows-mobile-software.handster.com/

...and here is a definition for the infamous simple JAVA applications;
sandbox
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandbox_(computer_security)

In computer security, a sandbox is a security mechanism for safely running programs. It is often used to execute untested code, or programs from unverified third-parties, suppliers and untrusted users.

The sandbox typically provides a tightly-controlled set of resources for guest programs to run in, such as scratch space on disk and memory. Network access, the ability to inspect the host system or read from input devices is usually disallowed or heavily restricted. In this sense, sandboxes are a specific example of virtualization

So yes a "dum/normal" phone is "Sandboxed",meaning closed.
The applications is small and don´t "intergrate" with the UI.
So for example phones running the A100 or the S40 OS is "closed".

So over to the Nes Emulator;

Symbian S60 OS

Well now to big deal,can you hook your phone up to the TV?,no?
Well,what about bringing movies,games and what not and hook it to a TV at your choice?
....and use the phone as remote control/joystick. Check the video out,crazy shit.

vNes Review on Nokia N93 w/firmaware v 20.0.058
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/rIS1c9o7QZ4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/rIS1c9o7QZ4</a>

Then Google Maps,phhhh,that shit has been available for years.
We´re talking GPS here,and yes the application is coming with the phone.

GPS on Nokia N95 that runs Symbian S60 3.1 feature pack 1;
http://www1.vg.no/uploaded/image/bilderigg/2007/04/20/1177074242723_774.jpg

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-Y42aF0zxRc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-Y42aF0zxRc</a>

GPS on HTC P3300 that runs Windows Mobile 5(can be upgraded to WM6)
comes with www.tomtom.com software for the GPS

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/B40WVHAVq_4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/B40WVHAVq_4</a>

There´s no intending to "smash" on you,as you should know from my previous posts.
I with you on your whole "intergrating" thing.
But it´s ok the get facts straight,both ways. No need for hating or favorising. :D

« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 01:29:27 PM by tusken RAIDEr - CEO of The Dangerous Crew Movement »

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #121 on: September 10, 2007, 05:35:37 PM »
Japan isn't the only country with TV on mobiles...all the kids in South korea are watching tv on the tube these days. South korea and japan are at the same level. SK got LG, Samsung and JP have Sony.

I don't know where'd i'd be without 3G, you guys are really missing out on it. you guys don't even have the hsdpa date cards for note books. What a shame. I love hittin the net whilst i'm stuck on the M25 or on the train back home after work.

Believe me, when 3g finally starts getting coverage in america, you guys will love it.

Oh yeah, Motorola's and Nokia's are the worst phones on the market. No one makes phones like Samsung or Sony eric. Nokia are just cheap and look nasty and moto's have very limited features

pz

ps. just to emphasize the fact....iphones are shit aswell

-Sorry for not including South Korea. I´m sure all of us is aware that they´re way ahead of us.  :D
Here´s a couple of cell phones WITH TV,remember they work ONLY in Japan AND South Korea Fixed

Oh yeah, Motorola's and Nokia's are the worst phones on the market.
No one makes phones like Samsung or Sony Ericsson.
Nokia are just cheap and look nasty and moto's have very limited features.
ps. just to emphasize the fact....iphones are shit aswell

This can be somewhat true,but any source for this or is it a biased statement?
read the conclusion in the end of the post.

Mass production faults
http://www.mobile-review.com/articles/2007/nokia-n76-problems-en.shtml

Mass production of mobile phones and the never-ending struggle for cost reduction occasionally result in some sort of defects, which keep low profile up to the release date, passed unnoticed by both testers and distributors. Sometimes, the synergy effect brought about by various factors may seem bizarre, but the fact is, even color scheme can affect reliability. Say, the recent story with the Sony Ericsson S500i, probably, would be the best example of that. All units coming in green tend to get their keys cracked 2-3 weeks into use, for the plastic can’t stand the strain. Surprisingly, all yellow-colored handsets never had such issues. We posted a message on the Sony Ericsson S500i’s defect in the VIP Lounge, a private section of our forum, where one of the explanations was the design of the keys themselves. But it was just recently when we learned that the green paint reacted with the adhesive used for sticking the buttons onto the casing. This way, because of the chemical reaction the base of the keys simply dissolved. At the same time, the yellow edition is free of such defects. Thankfully, only a few shipments of these phones have made it to Russia, and you can easily identify them by production date – assembled before week 27 of this year. This case is covered by the warranty, meaning that you can easily get the keypad changed in any service centre.

All companies having a wide array of models in their portfolios and large-scale production, as the probability theory puts it, are bound to suffer from faulty units more than anyone else. And they actually always do – the highlight of this article, Nokia occasionally runs into issues that were not revealed during the early stages of proof testing. They have much to do with faulty parts supplied to factories, or a crudely programmed production line. The first example coming to my mind is the story with the Nokia 8210 and the Nokia 3310, where the displays malfunctioned so often that the users literally queued up before service centers. Back then the company didn’t manage to provide the service centers with new displays, which resulted in huge lines of users waiting for their handsets to be repaired (in some regions of Russia it was the matter of months). It is important to realize that the service and customer care front was on a completely different level. Also, the story with a misadjusted automatic machine that hit the Nokia 6230 hard – its protective covers burned out, turning black, which allowed some service centers to reject maintenance claims. In this situation our intervention made the company publish a service bulletin and acknowledge this blackening as a non warranty-repair cancelling factor.

Last year, Nokia experienced no global issue with the quality of their handsets. Undoubtedly, every model had some flaws, but the way they were treated greatly depended on personal loyalty to the brand – many refused to spot the Nokia N71’s peeling-off edging, which was in fact a defect of the design. The number of flaws has varied from handset to handset, but it wouldn’t be right to claim that some device had a hundred percent faulty shipments. However, the Russian market saw an exception in the form of the Nseries models, which couldn’t tap into GPRS within MTS, Beeline, occasionally Megafon networks, though the latter almost didn’t experience such difficulties. The crux of the matter was the software installed on these handsets, which was tailored to more contemporary networks, rather than some custom variations offered by the Russian carriers. Another victim of this issue was Samsung and its flagship solution, the Samsung D600. Unfortunately the carriers’ unwillingness to upgrade their networks to meet the standards adds an element of chance into the equation. For example, at the moment all service centers across the country are upgrading firmware of absolutely new and still shining Nokia 6120 because of the same GPRS-Internet issues. It is not a rare occasion when a vendor like Nokia can’t physically provide a logistics network for a separate, albeit big, country, so as to develop bespoke software versions. That’s why all distributors are down to hand all received phones to service centers for free firmware flashing.

The stimuli that has brought this article here is the avalanche of messages suggesting the Nokia N76 has a casing especially exposed to wear and tear. The silver coating peels off to unsheathe bare plastic, so the handset loses its salable condition in no time. For something that costs 500-550 Euro (in Russia), this is a disgrace. Nevertheless, we have decided not to shoot from the hip and look into the roots of the problem, collect statistics on returns, learn about the reaction of service centers, distributors and the vendor himself.

One of our readers lent us his unit that had lost its charm in two weeks’ time. In the photos below you can see how worn the chrome plates have become, as well as the edge, so now the black chassis is on the surface. This holds true both for red and black editions of the N76 – the only difference is that the red-colored units tend to lose pieces of paint all round the casing, while the owners of the latter variant won’t experience this issue.

Last week Nokia’s service centers received a bulletin with a rundown of the problem, stating that this case is covered by the warranty and replacement of faulty parts should be free of charge. As of today, there are loads of spare parts available, so no shortage is expected in the near term. So, is this a really wide-spread disease, or all we do now is making a mountain out of a molehill?

According to our sources, this defect applies to nearly all Nokia N76 produced up until this day, and it has much to do with faulty parts supplied to the manufacturer, however the worst thing about it is that the spare parts delivered to service centers are no different. This means, that servicing your unit will merely bring you a temporal relief. In light of this fact, some European carriers have already discarded the model, specifically, the N76 is no longer available for purchase in the UK from Vodafone, as they took it off all price-lists on June 20 – no official statements have been made by the carrier as yet. But the rumor has it that Vodafone has returned all unsold units to the vendor – this point of view is explained here.

What does this mean to Nokia? Being one of the NSeries flagships, the N76 is currently promoted on the market at full tilt – in most regions, including Russia, the company runs with aggressive outdoor ads, you can see commercials on TV, learn about the handset from radio broadcasts. Basically, the phone is all around.

Have these advertising activities boosted the sales of the N76? Make no mistake about that. In Russia they sell not less than 4 thousand units a month (MRG data, July, 2007), which is a decent figure for this type of handset. As the advertising campaign heats up, the sales will at least double, which brings about a dangerous case. Who normally goes for these phones? Women – with fistful of cash, own mentality and style, those who have got used to a certain level of quality. For the most part, this audience is loyal to Nokia and recognizes it as a manufacturer of top-notch gadgets.

What happens when you get paint-related issues or reveal other defects – we will focus on this a bit later. But for now, what the first reaction to this will be? Obviously, the owner will come to a conclusion that Nokia’s quality is no longer as superb as it used to be, so he or she might consider switching to some different brand, morphing from a loyal consumer into the opposite category. Being unofficial “opinion leaders”, these people might also have a negative impact on Nokia’s image. However it won’t be the end of the world – previously the Nokia 8210 was in similar distress with its faulty display, but back then the vendor easily made it through. You shouldn’t dramatize the situation – after all, it is not the whole company, it is one single model. The tricky aspect here is that the N76 is a relatively popular and aggressively advertised offering.

Withdrawing this device from the market would be an unbearable price for the vendor to pay – rectifying this issue in service centers is way cheaper. The company’s reputation will take no fatal blows – Nokia has already suffered from this defect to a certain extent – what is really important to do is prevent similar cases from breaking out across the company’s portfolio.

We rarely recommend our readers to refrain from buying some handsets, however in the case with the Nokia N76, these flaws apply to all units, and what is more, there are no non-defective parts available in service centers. That’s why there isn’t much sense in picking this phone, unless you are willing to get over its decaying looks (which is the foundation of any fashion phone).

We also went to service centers to find out what problems the Nokia N76 had and what the main warranty claims were. And the figures we got for July were quite interesting – although this statistics is by no means representative or covers all regions, but the diagram below does give some clues on what’s going on.

As you can see, the casing quality is by far not the most crucial defect. However, this doesn’t automatically mean it is non-existent – the fact of the matter is that faulty handsets normally arrive at service centers a tad later and since the Nokia N76 started shipping early in June, many units with this flaw haven’t been reported as yet. The statistics is also interfered by other defects typical for all models – displays, software, which are pretty much par for the course. But what is really important here, is the share of plastic-related issues, indirectly indicating the mass character of this defect.

We asked the Russian headquarters of Nokia to shed some light on the situation. Maxim Pavlov, Nokia’s Service Manager in CIS countries, comments: «We are aware of the issues with certain casing components in the Nokia N76. All authorized Nokia’s service centers have been notified that the warranty does cover this defect of the Nokia N76. Nokia is seriously concerned about the quality of own products and we are doing everything possible to improve the situation around the Nokia N76. All service centers have enough details at their disposal, so the repair time will be minimal».

We, on our part, decided to examine the reaction of retailers. Most distributors have already come across returns of the N76, but unlike the service centers they haven’t been notified by Nokia. As the result the market is still confused about this issue. In the vast majority of retail networks you can replace a faulty unit within two weeks, given that you have an opinion letter from a service center stating that the defects you have encountered stem from the production flaws. Many retailers meet consumers halfway and replace their units without a letter from a service center (but give refunds very rarely). Regrettably, the service centers usually refuse to give opinion letters reasoning that with lack of experience, obscure forms etc. – but in fact, this is a direct violation of the law and you can insist on getting a letter, should a conflict situation arise, to get your money back from the retailer you bought the unit from (which is possible with this letter in hands).

For example, one of M-Video stores features both a brand-new Nokia N76 and a returned unit with paint defects, whose price tag has dropped all the way down to 350 USD (against 760 USD for a new device).

These are phone´s they talk about,so stay away from them;

Nokia N76

Nokia 8310

SE S500

Conclusion;

None of the vendors can possibly avoid flaw in production cycles. Unfortunately, Nokia ran into them with one of its key offerings. In our opinion, being aware of such flaws you should refrain from buying this device; or, in case you already own one, wait about 3-6 months until defect-free spare parts arrive and only then call at the nearest service center. Although this is a very rough time span, taking account of mass returns in all regions and lack of high-quality parts there days, it is unlikely that Nokia will be able to sort it out faster. And if you can’t stand waiting, then you can easily return your unit, replace it, or get a refund.

P.S. P.S. Nobody is perfect, therefore this global issue with the Nokia N76 is not the reason to stand up and proclaim that all Nokia-branded handsets retain similar problems. Please, be more reasonable in your judgments.

For more info;
http://www.mobile-review.com/articles/2007/brak-in-phones-en.shtml

« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 05:38:39 PM by tusken RAIDEr - CEO of The Dangerous Crew Movement »

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #122 on: September 10, 2007, 11:06:14 PM »
replying to your post above...

first of all you are telling me things i knew about my phone since way before i bought it...

i knew it didnt have GPS, i knew it was "CLOSED", i knew that there was other phones out there that do these things.....

i still purchased a iPhone...

so there is no smashing when i didnt want what they offered and i wanted what i purchased...

no one has put together a package as great as apple has (personal opinion)... they have truly put together a ipod, phone, internet, camera etc. all APPLE style.

simple, integrated, and BEAUTIFUL.

like i said before features are not necessarily what makes a product...they are good but not always the best... just look at the ipod... people love it because its simple and easy to use and beautiful without having to try to learn all the features that are half assed put on.

and my reason for the post with all my apps and pictures was for informative purposes.. not to hate or smash on anything.. simply to show the people on this board about it...  just like you have posted countless other phones above with videos and screen shots and information... im just doing it first hand as a owner of the device rather than just reading off some specs and pulling some videos.. i made my own screen shots and put the stuff i have on my phone... That im perfectly happy with...

and here is a video showing some of the features... and showing just how simple and seamless everything is...

everyone has opinions but they dont mean a thing... what matters is that you are happy with your device and it does what you want/need.

and the whole it having bluetooth comment was directed at someone else who was  commenting that "no bluetooth or earpieces" or to that extent... just so they are not mis informed...

and no bluetooh transfers but like i was saying there is WiFi transfers... which is a great workaround... thats how i access all the files and stuff on my phone.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #123 on: September 10, 2007, 11:29:36 PM »
I'm fully aware why you bought a Iphone and I respect that,you made that clear for me in the previous thread. I NEVER at any point took your comments personal,as I said a million times now,it's a give and take situation (features VS user friendly UI),u took your pick I took mine.
So u can transfer files to another phone over wifi? hmmm,,,
As for posting videos,I have actually owned a gang of them,so I HAVE FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE with most of them
no way to tranfer from phone to phone that i know of at this point.... but computer to phone instead of bluetooth i use wifi which i acctually prefer rather than bluetooth... phone to phone only workaround at this point would be attaching files to an email.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #124 on: September 10, 2007, 11:52:37 PM »
-yep there it is,the answer I was waiting for.
Let us know when you managed to disable the block.
-I also know that you have first hand experience with lots of phone's so I respect all your comments.
-All I'm trying to say is that there's lots of dope phones out there.
-I have owned smart phones with Symbian UIQ & S60 OS+"dum" phones with A100 & S40. Had Windows Mobile 5,both standard&profesional UI for test a couple of weeks.
So I know them well
curious... what do you currently own?

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #125 on: September 11, 2007, 01:26:32 AM »
i aint smashing on no one,i just like to talk about mobile phone cuz i love them! it's all good homies! +1 to all the dubcc mobile maniacs and props again to everyone who brought info to this thread!

p.s : i almost forgot : DONT BUY A NOKIA N76 IT'S CRAP!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 01:28:29 AM by FUNKY ASS TONY »

Liquid-Dogg

« Reply #126 on: September 11, 2007, 08:59:05 AM »
''like i said before features are not necessarily what makes a product...they are good but not always the best... just look at the ipod... people love it because its simple and easy to use and beautiful without having to try to learn all the features that are half assed put on.''

correction... 75% of people buy an ipod because they actually think it is the only mp3/mp4 player out there. When i show what i have, people ask me ''what is that, is it an ipod'', most people don't actually know that mp3 players were out before ipod's were released.

Everyone who knows about PMP's know that the Archos 605 or 705 is the best thing out at the moment.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #127 on: September 11, 2007, 09:38:48 AM »
''like i said before features are not necessarily what makes a product...they are good but not always the best... just look at the ipod... people love it because its simple and easy to use and beautiful without having to try to learn all the features that are half assed put on.''

correction... 75% of people buy an ipod because they actually think it is the only mp3/mp4 player out there. When i show what i have, people ask me ''what is that, is it an ipod'', most people don't actually know that mp3 players were out before ipod's were released.

Everyone who knows about PMP's know that the Archos 605 or 705 is the best thing out at the moment.

i agree with you with the fact that.. people think that any MP3/Portable Media Player is an "iPod" but thats just like "Kleenex" and "Xerox" machines or even "Q-tips"... i know people that have non apple mp3 players and they are like yeah check out my "iPod" and it will be something like a creative zen or something...

doesnt mean people didnt jump on the ipod originally when no one knew whats up and it still blew up because of the  userfriendly product but alot of it is just hype now but still its roots came from its inovation in the game at the time
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 09:41:45 AM by E. J. Rizo »

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #128 on: September 11, 2007, 10:24:31 AM »
replying to your post above...

first of all you are telling me things i knew about my phone since way before i bought it...

i knew it didnt have GPS, i knew it was "CLOSED", i knew that there was other phones out there that do these things.....

i still purchased a iPhone...

so there is no smashing when i didnt want what they offered and i wanted what i purchased...

no one has put together a package as great as apple has (personal opinion)... they have truly put together a ipod, phone, internet, camera etc. all APPLE style.

simple, integrated, and BEAUTIFUL.

like i said before features are not necessarily what makes a product...they are good but not always the best... just look at the ipod... people love it because its simple and easy to use and beautiful without having to try to learn all the features that are half assed put on.

and my reason for the post with all my apps and pictures was for informative purposes.. not to hate or smash on anything.. simply to show the people on this board about it...  just like you have posted countless other phones above with videos and screen shots and information... im just doing it first hand as a owner of the device rather than just reading off some specs and pulling some videos.. i made my own screen shots and put the stuff i have on my phone... That im perfectly happy with...

and here is a video showing some of the features... and showing just how simple and seamless everything is...

everyone has opinions but they dont mean a thing... what matters is that you are happy with your device and it does what you want/need.

and the whole it having bluetooth comment was directed at someone else who was  commenting that "no bluetooth or earpieces" or to that extent... just so they are not mis informed...

and no bluetooh transfers but like i was saying there is WiFi transfers... which is a great workaround... thats how i access all the files and stuff on my phone.

I'm fully aware why you bought a Iphone and I respect that,you made that clear for me in the previous thread. I never at any point took your comments personal,as I said a million times now,
it's a give and take situation (features VS user friendly UI),you took your pick I took mine.
So u can transfer files to another phone over wifi? hmmm,,,
As for posting videos,I have actually owned a gang of them,
so I HAVE FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE with most of them[/font]
no way to tranfer from phone to phone that i know of at this point.... but computer to phone instead of bluetooth i use wifi which i acctually prefer rather than bluetooth... phone to phone only workaround at this point would be attaching files to an email.

-yep there it is,the answer I was waiting for.
Let us know when you managed to disable the block.
-I also know that you have first hand experience with lots of phone's so I respect all your comments.
-All I'm trying to say is that there's lots of dope phones out there.
-I have owned smart phones with Symbian UIQ & S60 OS + "dum" phones with A100 and S40.
Had Windows Mobile 5,both standard and profesional UI for test a couple of weeks.
So I know them well

curious... what do you currently own?

I currently own a Nokia N95 that runs Symbian S60 3.1 feature pack 1;

N95 VS Iphone

N95 Video
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-Y42aF0zxRc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-Y42aF0zxRc</a>

....and a SE K750as a backup phone,runs A100 OS which is "closed"

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/F7Sjnxkl71s" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/F7Sjnxkl71s</a>

I had a SE P990 up until a couple of months ago,runs Symbian UIQ 3.0;

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cGhDVzb3Abs&amp;autoplay=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/cGhDVzb3Abs&amp;autoplay=0</a>

I used smartphones since Motorola Accompli 008 as you it got touchscreen.

I followed iup with SE P800 which runs Symbian UIQ 2.0 another touch screen phone

....and the list goes on with a couple of more SE phones pluss some Nokia´s.
So yes I have first hand experince

i aint smashing on no one,i just like to talk about mobile phone cuz i love them! it's all good homies! +1 to all the dubcc mobile maniacs and props again to everyone who brought info to this thread!

p.s : i almost forgot : DONT BUY A NOKIA N76 IT'S CRAP!

Tony you have brought nothing but positive vibes in here. :cow:
The thread it self started of kinda wrong look at the subject headline;
My phone > iPhone  ;D
So I understand EJ.Rizo being "defensive",but it´s ironic that the thread starter got plans to buy a Iphone since it dropped 200$ and K.Dub that "complained" that the Iphone don´t have 3G,has disabled his 3G connection because it drains his battery.
I´m just a "fan" of cell phone´s in general and I´m not brand loyal.
I like to talk about cell phones in general and I enjoy helping you all out.
I carefully study the product before purchase,just like EJ.Rizo I was very aware about what my current phone N95 could and couldn´t do. Like I said before it´s give and take sitiation.
No need to repeat it anymore,EJ.Rizo if you want more info about these phones go to the previous pages,for reviews and what not.

Well let´s continue this and keep it positive.
EJ Rizo I´m very interested what you have accomplished with your phone as far 3rd party software etc.
So keep on,with video´s if possible.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 05:24:47 PM by tusken RAIDEr - CEO of The Dangerous Crew Movement »

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #129 on: September 11, 2007, 08:50:04 PM »
the iphone just got unlocked  :o

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #130 on: September 12, 2007, 01:02:45 AM »
has any one seen the new nokia n81 8 gig ? look like a good phone it says that it will compete against the iphone. price range will be around 600$ they said source : http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9767460-7.html?part=rss&amp;subj=news&amp;tag=2547-1_3-0-20 heres a couple pictures for y'all

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #131 on: September 12, 2007, 11:27:02 AM »
has any one seen the new nokia n81 8 gig ? look like a good phone it says that it will compete against the iphone. price range will be around 600$ they said source :
http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9767460-7.html?part=rss&amp;subj=news&amp;tag=2547-1_3-0-20
heres a couple pictures for y'all;

N81

New Nokia N81 in action! Nice Video
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/2dZ5krLWcq4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/2dZ5krLWcq4</a>

Yep,seen it. Seems like a "budget" 8GB multi media phone.
It looks nice and all,but it kind of falt in the shadow of the upgraded N95 with 8GB that will drop around the same time;

N95 with 8GB

But both Nokia and SE has already a couple og harddisk phone´s on the marked;

N91 with 8GB

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/OGQ0K7f2pvQ&amp;autoplay=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/OGQ0K7f2pvQ&amp;autoplay=0</a>

SE W950 with 4GB
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/BL5XAyVeL2s" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/BL5XAyVeL2s</a>

SE w960 with 8GB  Nice!!!!!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/SnXoP6GP3sY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/SnXoP6GP3sY</a>
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 02:25:13 PM by tusken RAIDEr - CEO of The Dangerous Crew Movement »

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #132 on: September 12, 2007, 01:27:41 PM »
i didnt know that nokia had planned a 8gig n95! i hope they put more battery power! it's amazing to see with time how mobile evolved! y'all remember this?

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #133 on: September 12, 2007, 03:23:56 PM »
the iphone just got unlocked  :o

In retail store´s or "hacked" online solutions?

Do it yourself;
www.iphonesimfree.com
www.freeiphoneunlock.com

iPhone SIM Free Software Unlock Confirmed on Video
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ER9eM2E9Lzo" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ER9eM2E9Lzo</a>

nah there is a do it yourself version that you dont have to pay for... the version you see will be sold... hackers have done it with there own tools for free for anyone...

check this out...

http://modmyiphone.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_software_unlock_iPhone_iUnlock

and there are more sites up as well explaining how to do it...

one of the sites said it plans to have this set up in a nice GUI so its all automated... so im waiting for that route before i do anything since i have it running on the att network now... so i dont need it but it would be nice since t-mobile is cheaper and i get better service from them at work than i do with att.. but im not breaking my contract and doing this if this gets blocked... so i got to wait and see... but good news for people wanting and iphone and dont want to switch carriers and for other people outside of the united states trying to use it on their networks

edit http://www.freeiphoneunlock.com/unlock/ shit alot has happen since i last read up on it... iphonesimfree and freeiphoneunlock are 2 different things tho... alot people think that iphonesimfree was a scam they were trying to sell it while freeiphoneunlock and all the other sites are just doing it for free
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 03:26:45 PM by E. J. Rizo »

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #134 on: September 12, 2007, 05:08:21 PM »
Here´s some facts to compare the phone´s

This piece here say what I have said all the time and this comes from a Symbian site;
www.allaboutsymbian.com

Take your pick;

« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 05:49:39 PM by tusken RAIDEr - CEO of The Dangerous Crew Movement »