Author Topic: 50 Cent officially calling it quits  (Read 1243 times)

You Ain't Shit

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DPGC-WSCG-4LIFE
Re: 50 Cent officially calling it quits
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2007, 02:48:06 AM »
he doin a Jay-Z, what a fuckin bitch. I hope he does retire cos he puttin out st8 garbage

topshotta

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2007, 03:33:33 AM »
thank god for this, bye bye bitch!

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2007, 05:59:25 AM »
What the hell does realeasing a video a few weeks earlier then ur album release date going to do? Isnt it better for the album push? Lmao, i know it was apart of the game plan, but whats the big deal? It leaked, wowwww, whats the worst that could happen? More exposure? LMAO!!!

No...its called over-exposure...50 had TOO MANY singles trying to hit the mainstream at once, people lose interest...singles need to be planned and implemented at the right time, releasing albums is ALL about timing, so vital - make a wrong move and its success can be severlely compromised.

thanks rud.

of course its too much exposure at once.... i mean, you dont have to be a genius to understand that. not only that, but he's losing all his "secret weapons" (like Follow My Lead) when he's gonna need em in a few months. its not like he can tell tv stations to wait a couple months and play it again when he needs that extra push. Ayo Technology aint gonna do it for the rest of the year. Timing is important, and thats what helped sell Get Rich or Die Trying cause timing was perfect, but they messed it up for Curtis.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 06:02:46 AM by Lil Jay »
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2007, 06:26:58 AM »
it's all publicity stunt to me but in the other hand he's rich and i dont think he give a fuck anymore about music

Brazemac

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2007, 06:40:31 AM »
What the hell does realeasing a video a few weeks earlier then ur album release date going to do? Isnt it better for the album push? Lmao, i know it was apart of the game plan, but whats the big deal? It leaked, wowwww, whats the worst that could happen? More exposure? LMAO!!!

No...its called over-exposure...50 had TOO MANY singles trying to hit the mainstream at once, people lose interest...singles need to be planned and implemented at the right time, releasing albums is ALL about timing, so vital - make a wrong move and its success can be severlely compromised.

thanks rud.

of course its too much exposure at once.... i mean, you dont have to be a genius to understand that. not only that, but he's losing all his "secret weapons" (like Follow My Lead) when he's gonna need em in a few months. its not like he can tell tv stations to wait a couple months and play it again when he needs that extra push. Ayo Technology aint gonna do it for the rest of the year. Timing is important, and thats what helped sell Get Rich or Die Trying cause timing was perfect, but they messed it up for Curtis.

The Game & Raekwon The Chef All Into Da DUBCNN MAGAZINE!

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2007, 07:43:46 AM »
BISD will be released with no promotion, then greatest hits and its over. This interview was created on Friday, so its not based on the first day sales or anything,

I TOLD YOU I ALREADY HAVE GET RICH OR DIE TRYIN'. I DONT NEED TO BUY THAT ENTIRE ALBUM AGAIN ON THE GREATEST HITS!  8)

D-Reborn

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Death is certain, life is not
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2007, 10:16:55 AM »
I'll believe this after 10 years pass and 50 doesn't put out an album.  I think he's just pouting right now cause he's upset reports are claiming that Kanye's gonna outsell him.  As long as there's money to be made in the music industry, he's gonna squeeze every last cent out of his brand name that he can.

hold on 50 ain't dead yet?... hmmm, well... alright I gotta make a couple o calls again    >:(

8) 8) 8)

Neither you nor anyone you know is pulling triggers on anyone.  I, on the other hand, can send out a text message and an army of niggas with AKs and RPG-7s gon roll up in their technicals and rain bloody murda mo upon whoever I choose.
lol get the fuck outta here go "take some hands" or eat some dicks, whatever

8) 8) 8)

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2007, 11:07:47 AM »
50's career reminds me of some lyrics from N.W.A's classic "Efil4zaggin" album. Mc Ren raps on the first track

"You came out the streets and crossed over,
and after that your career is fucking over.
Because after that you're not around"

and

"All I hear is motherfuckers trying to make a comeback with lovesongs,
and that shit is whack.
And that's why your ass ain't around,
cause you don't have the motherfucking sound of a real nigga."
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 11:12:31 AM by Westcoastfanatic »
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

Paul

« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2007, 11:10:42 AM »
whats BISD?
funkyfreshintheflesh

d-nice

« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2007, 11:13:05 AM »
whats BISD?

Before I Self Destruct. That is the title of his next solo.

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2007, 11:26:11 AM »
I dont think so. Lets not forget that he is 32 years old and the career of a rapper is short, especially for him, he blew up when he was already 28.

So basically that means, that he releases BISD in 08 and greatest hits in 09, when he'll be 34. Then maybe another album when hes 36,37 and thats it.

He got what he came for, the money of course. He said hes really enjoying shooting movies, so hes probably gonna follow LL's steps.

What the fuck are you talking about? Now I do respect people having different opinions, but this one is just too crazy..

You mean to tell me that a rapper can't have a long career?

This sounds like a cheap excuse you are coming with to defend fifty..

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2007, 12:33:37 PM »
It has nothign to do with him. A career of a rapper is short. Most of them drop their first album at the age of 25,26 and last one at 35. Anything more, you get called a grandpa like Jay-Z. Hes 37, which in normal career, would mean that hes still young to the biz or whatever, but in rap hes getting shittted on 24/7.

d-nice

« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2007, 12:51:31 PM »
His ego is bruised, that's all. He had been the highest selling artist for a couple of years and now he is 2nd fiddle to Kanye as far as sales. It's hard to talk shit when the numbers don't back it up.

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2007, 12:55:33 PM »
It has nothign to do with him. A career of a rapper is short. Most of them drop their first album at the age of 25,26 and last one at 35. Anything more, you get called a grandpa like Jay-Z. Hes 37, which in normal career, would mean that hes still young to the biz or whatever, but in rap hes getting shittted on 24/7.

There are rappers out there who have been in the game for 20 years man! It can be still you career if you are being called grandpa :P

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2007, 01:52:17 PM »
Timbo - Quit blaming Interscope for 50's failures.  Yes I fucking hate Interscope, and yeah they fuck up their releases, but so does every other mainstream label these days.  I would have no clue of albums from UGK, Devin, WC, etc etc etc if it weren't for me being on the net.  Those guys are still doing it and are still making good music.

But I still copped those albums BECAUSE THEY MAKE GOOD MUSIC.  If 50 made good music, I'd cop his too.  Bottom line is, 50 fell the fuck off as soon as "The Massacre" dropped. 

50 played the exploitation game with mainstream rap - exploit the shit out of whatever is hot, burn it to the nth degree, completely oversaturate the market so as to milk every fucking dollar.  And then do it again and again until you're completely irrelevant. 

Well now, 50 is getting a rude awakening that nobody likes him, his whole gimmick is completely played out, and nobody is interested anymore (relatively speaking).  Rather than admit to any of that, he's resorting to blaming every one else.

And you in particular have been incredibly brainwashed by big labels and mainstream rap.  You parrot shit like "yeah a rappers shelf life is x".  And you believe it because that is what all of these labels say to cover their ass when one of their big names doesn't sell anymore.  It's never because said artist is no longer hungry, it's whatever reason is convenient. 

How is Dr. Dre's shelf life?  Outkast?  UGK?  Jay-Z? 

You know who has these small as shelf lives?  DISPOSABLE, NO TALENT, ALL GIMMICK RAPPERS...Mims, Soulja Boy, D4L, pretty much anybody you see on BET/MTV/Terrestrial Radio. When labels and "artists" (term used loosely) propagate music that caters to trends, then said "artist" is only as relevant as the trendy shit they're spewing.  That's the game they play - they make some money for a minute, but they are instantly irrelvant as soon as that one trick show has been used up.

And for the record, no one should believe a fucking word that comes outta 50's mouth.  That bitch is reachin to keep his name relevant that he'll say anything to anyone who will listen.  ITS ALL HYPE.  50's word means absolutely nothing.