Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: Dr. Dre Gives An Interview  (Read 4328 times)

Good lookin out

annunaki

• Lil Geezy
 Good read but nothing about the record. Times are changing fast, will the songs he porduced today be relevant for tommorrow.Will he change up next year and decide not to release the record when the vibrations don't blend to his satisfaction and the synchronization factor. It's all about timing and more importantly his lyrical content because what he is talking about today in rhyme form will it be compatible for what is going on next year.The beats are always going to be there but will is content be relevant,Will it sync up in time frame like the chronic and his other records.

It aint about the beats it's about his timing and what he is talking about that will fit the time. He can have a thousand beats and make it sound like a movie but his wait to release the record has put him in a sitaution to where he is trying to anticpate the timing and with this he may never know the right time to put the record out that will fit his perfection.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 08:21:37 AM by shaka zulu »

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
I see Eminem's album coming out in the 1st quarter of '08. Maybe 2nd quarter is more realistic.

Slim Shady ( 1st quarter '99 )
M. Mathers ( 2nd quarter '00 )
Eminem Show ( 2nd quarter '02 )
Encore ( 4th quarter '04 )
Curtain Call ( though not a full length album, 4th quarter '05 )
The Re-Up ( compilation, 4th quarter '06 )

The last 3 years in a row, Em's dropped his projects around November\December. Maybe if they work fast, they can get it out for a late November release. Unless they've been working on it all summer and they wanna downplay it till the times right...

You know Interscope is going to want something big for the 4th quarter.

Curtain Call and Re-up don't count. They're not solo Eminem albums. Ems last solo LP was Encore back in '04.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: **DR. DRE L.A. TIMES INTERVIEW: IT'S OFFICIAL, DETOX IS COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2007, 08:57:03 AM »
They should not release Em soon. By the sound of that radio interview, he's not ready and why have another Encore put out ?

They should really concentrate on Bishop and drop him in January/ February, let him have his 6 months and then release Detox in summer or maybe September.

And then let Busta and Em drop in 09.

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
Re: **DR. DRE L.A. TIMES INTERVIEW: IT'S OFFICIAL, DETOX IS COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2007, 09:57:55 AM »

good to hear Dre confirm he aint involved in Game and 50 beef. Hopefully Game and Dre will work together again

Yeah Hopefully

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2007, 10:51:41 AM »
Cool little interview.  I think Dre knows his fans are getting impatient with all this waiting so he decided to bite the bullet and do a couple interviews/appearances.  Hopefully he doesn't go completely back into hiding until the release of the record. 

NFX

• 'G'
  • Warbeats.com
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2007, 10:54:30 AM »
Can someone hook me up with the link to that article?

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2007, 10:58:45 AM »
So it's gonna be September or November 2008? 8)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 03:04:44 PM by Westcoastfanatic »
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

$Eg2$

I think im realliy tired of these Detox threads  :-\
be eazy on the diss button  8)

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2007, 11:13:31 AM »
dopeness  8)

DonCorleone187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2007, 11:19:39 AM »
good read i'd also like to hear that demo he was talking about where snoop is rappin from jail on nothin but a g thang demo

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
Nice article. Good to hear he's still planning on releasing Detox 8)

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Dr. Dre Gives An Interview
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2007, 12:16:30 PM »
So now Dre wants to be Mr. Talkative...

XXLMag.com just reported that he's done another interview with the L.A. Times. Nothing too amazing. If you really want to check it, just head to XXL's front page and it's currently posted under news. Otherwise, I've got the summary:

- No Detox 'til next year...surprise, surprise.
- Says he's "two or three" tracks away from completing the project.
- Is dedicating the next two months to finishing work on Em's next solo. (This better shit on Encore)
- Denies picking 50 over Game, says he loves working with both.
- Says he was not responsible for Game's switch to Geffen.
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2007, 12:28:28 PM »
They should not release Em soon. By the sound of that radio interview, he's not ready and why have another Encore put out ?

They should really concentrate on Bishop and drop him in January/ February, let him have his 6 months and then release Detox in summer or maybe September.

And then let Busta and Em drop in 09.

Em's not being rushed like he was on "Encore"... it's been 3 years since then... the longest between his solo LPs... and believe me, Dre as well as Aftermath prefer he come out before Bishop for many reasons.

Lil D

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Dr. Dre Gives An Interview
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2007, 12:33:49 PM »
In recent years, it's always been rare to get something from Dre in the media. He keeps a really low profile, but he does pop out every now and then. Like in 2004, over a 2 month period he did 106 & Park w\ 50 and Game, the Vibe Awards, that Shady Convention on MTV, interviews for MTV Direct Effect, an interview with Scratch...he had a lot going on at the time.

It'd be great if he gave Dubcnn an interview sometime.
can some1 hook me up with that Dr.Dre & Game & 50 106 & park video?