Author Topic: Dead Prez- Its bigger than HIP-HOP!!!!!!!  (Read 324 times)

~Lucien~

Re: Dead Prez- Its bigger than HIP-HOP!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2007, 11:08:50 AM »
if you're white and you listen to dead prez then there's something wrong with you :grumpy:

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2007, 01:08:43 PM »
if you're white and you listen to dead prez then there's something wrong with you :grumpy:
I don't think there's something necessarily wrong with that person, but they are open minded. Alot of the stuff Dead Prez talk about is true and on point. There's also somethings he talks about that I don't agree with, but I don't think someone who is white shouldn't stop listening to them.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2007, 02:26:30 PM »

I'm white and I listen to them. Because it sounds good and it's funny. The same reason I listen to Johnny Rebel (that group of racist country singers from the late 60s). If I want to learn something I'll read books by political theorists or philosophers.

if you're intelligent and you listen to music for political education then there is something wrong with you. :grumpy:

BANANAS

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2007, 05:14:00 PM »

I'm white and I listen to them. Because it sounds good and it's funny. The same reason I listen to Johnny Rebel (that group of racist country singers from the late 60s). If I want to learn something I'll read books by political theorists or philosophers.

if you're intelligent and you listen to music for political education then there is something wrong with you. :grumpy:

well said. both boycriedwolf and lu were way off base

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2007, 06:09:48 PM »

well said. both boycriedwolf and lu were way off base
how was i way off according to u?

BANANAS

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2007, 06:21:36 PM »
well their muusic is very driving and catchy, so you want their message to be right so you have the whole package, when in reality they are just offering their very slanted selfish view of the way things are. like, what the fuck is that shit about killing crackers up in city hall? i lvoe that line cuz its so inflammatory and im a enjoyer of good racism, but it is in no way political its just plain hate filled. this song in no way drops any real intelligence, which is sad because its beat will drill whatever lyrics into you. the only real thing i get out the song is beamer or justice, freedom or necklace or whatever, dead prez despite what their A&R package wants you to believe, really offer very little in the way of actual intelligence and any political persuasion, just angry nigger shit

BANANAS

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2007, 06:22:06 PM »
plus i own lets get free and rbg, so i am a fan

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2007, 06:30:23 PM »
well their muusic is very driving and catchy, so you want their message to be right so you have the whole package, when in reality they are just offering their very slanted selfish view of the way things are. like, what the fuck is that shit about killing crackers up in city hall? i lvoe that line cuz its so inflammatory and im a enjoyer of good racism, but it is in no way political its just plain hate filled. this song in no way drops any real intelligence, which is sad because its beat will drill whatever lyrics into you. the only real thing i get out the song is beamer or justice, freedom or necklace or whatever, dead prez despite what their A&R package wants you to believe, really offer very little in the way of actual intelligence and any political persuasion, just angry nigger shit
I don't think there's something necessarily wrong with that person, but they are open minded. A lot of the stuff Dead Prez talk about is true and on point. There's also somethings he talks about that I don't agree with, but I don't think someone who is white shouldn't stop listening to them, (well i they like them)<--this part i just added because it meant to be there.
So hmm like the question i asked, how was I way off? You and the other person you bigged up for some reason got the idea that, i said listen to dead prez to learn history and politics. Never said that, I'm a person who is a firm believer in do you own research

BANANAS

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2007, 06:32:37 PM »
fair enough, i confused your idea of an white open minded person as someone listening to dead prez for openness to a different political stance, which they are not political. sooo,,,,,my bad

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2007, 06:53:10 PM »
Oh alright cool

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2007, 01:29:55 PM »
I don't think there's something necessarily wrong with that person, but they are open minded. A lot of the stuff Dead Prez talk about is true and on point. There's also somethings he talks about that I don't agree with, but I don't think someone who is white shouldn't stop listening to them, (well i they like them)<--this part i just added because it meant to be there.
So hmm like the question i asked, how was I way off? You and the other person you bigged up for some reason got the idea that, i said listen to dead prez to learn history and politics. Never said that, I'm a person who is a firm believer in do you own research

I never implied that you listen to Dead Prez to learn. It was more a play on words to jab Lu. He implied whites shouldn't listen to it. I responded with by implying Dead Prez or any music isn't worth that kid of trouble and doesn't deserve that kind of social significance.

How if you had started a thread about the Nation of Islam and a bunch of whites here seriously thought about joining it or supporting it and Lu said "if you're white and you support the Nation then there's something wrong with you" I wouldn't have said anything because I'd agree with that. Of course I'd disagree with any one from any race supporting any group with a racist ideology and agenda.

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2007, 03:59:25 PM »
^ Oh alright I got confused.

AndrE16686

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2007, 10:23:47 PM »
I love dead prez music. Dont tell me yall dont sympathise with the anger or enjoy that shit. I enjoy it when immortal technique say some heinous shit about disemboweling Cheney and raping Barbara Bush in the ass or dead prez or even Eminem talking about sniping the President, shit is enjoyable. I love it, its lovely.  :-*

Dosnt mean I wanna actually see it happen (rather see Bush in the Hague) or for dead prez to create a communal utopia in the ghetto based on the I ching, people sharing and shit. Fuck that, its music and its for people to sympathise with emotionally, or cus it simply sounds dope, or whatever...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 10:29:16 PM by The Overfiend »

Elevz

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2007, 11:51:27 PM »
Dosnt mean I wanna actually see it happen (rather see Bush in the Hague)

Oh no, please keep that motherfucker away from here as far as possible...

or for dead prez to create a communal utopia in the ghetto based on the I ching, people sharing and shit.

I never did understand that about dead prez' music. They surely must know the I Ching is only a book of change. Fortune telling. Not politics or leadership - just fortune telling. How are they going to build on that?

its music and its for people to sympathise with emotionally, or cus it simply sounds dope, or whatever...

There's passion in it. In fact, loads of it. It touches you. It's quality.

AndrE16686

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2007, 03:03:57 AM »
^

I only just found a copy of the I Ching, read the first two pages yesterday about the Ch'ien/The Creative:

I just picked it up and started reading it I didnt kno it was about fortune telling till a read ur post, the symbolism is interesting, but if its about fortune telling I cant be bothered with it, I was expecting it to be lessons like Sun Tzu's...