Author Topic: RBX - Broken Silence [NEW ALBUM]  (Read 8258 times)

d-nice

Re: RBX - Broken Silence [NEW ALBUM]
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2007, 01:27:53 PM »
I don't have the credits by me but I know Daz did the Murda beat on Ripp The Game and Soopafly did the Tell It Like It Is remix.
That Sherm album was the shit.

They only credit Mike Dean for the Murda track on Shermīs album.
Thereīs no credits in the booklet,just checked and thereīs no Daz beats on The Shining either.

I thought the name of the track was Jus...Murda or something like that on Ripp The Game.
I think Daz did the beat on that and I know he rapped on it.
I don't know about the Sherm track though.

The track appears on both albums,itīs called something else on the Sherm album but itīs the same track.
Yes,Daz appears on it but according to the credits in the Sherm Smoke booklet it only credits Mike Dean.

Hmm, never noticed that.

Ha,ha itīs all good again I bought a album because RBX was featured.
Ripp the game bloody came out like a half year or year later,anyway Just Murda is HARD.
Must be one the hardest tracks Iīve ever heard,RBX killed the track.
Youīll probably end up listening to the Sherm Smoke album today/tonight just because of this convo,damn I might too.
18 Jus... Murda.m4a Sherm,Daz and RBX   BEWARE!!! itīs some hardcore shit!
http://www.mediafire.com/?3zyf50q1b2l

You read my mind on that, I am definitely going to put both on to check it out. Sherm was on Mike Dean's label, Dean's List but I have not heard anything from them in a minute.

Toshdawg

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • If u man ain't fuckin you rite!, i got what u need
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2007, 01:36:35 PM »
Album supposed to drop today? someone heard somethin about it, tracklist, pay download?

i got the album  8)

d-nice

« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2007, 01:41:31 PM »
I don't have the credits by me but I know Daz did the Murda beat on Ripp The Game and Soopafly did the Tell It Like It Is remix.
That Sherm album was the shit.

They only credit Mike Dean for the Murda track on Shermīs album.
Thereīs no credits in the booklet,just checked and thereīs no Daz beats on The Shining either.

I thought the name of the track was Jus...Murda or something like that on Ripp The Game.
I think Daz did the beat on that and I know he rapped on it.
I don't know about the Sherm track though.

The track appears on both albums,itīs called something else on the Sherm album but itīs the same track.
Yes,Daz appears on it but according to the credits in the Sherm Smoke booklet it only credits Mike Dean.

Hmm, never noticed that.

Ha,ha itīs all good again I bought a album because RBX was featured.
Ripp the game bloody came out like a half year or year later,anyway Just Murda is HARD.
Must be one the hardest tracks Iīve ever heard,RBX killed the track.
Youīll probably end up listening to the Sherm Smoke album today/tonight just because of this convo,damn I might too.
18 Jus... Murda.m4a Sherm,Daz and RBX   BEWARE!!! itīs some hardcore shit!
http://www.mediafire.com/?3zyf50q1b2l

You read my mind on that, I am definitely going to put both on to check it out.
Sherm was on Mike Dean's label,Dean's List but I have not heard anything from them in a minute.

Sherm had a strange style,well thatīs make him unique,but I seem to remember that I couldnīt really get into him.
Deanīs list only released the Sherm album right? If not Iīve missed the other releases and need a hook up asap.
Either way I think heīs better off being a in house producer for Rap-A-Lot,at least in todayīs climate.

Yeah his style is not for everyone. His album was the only one from his label, unless Tonya Herron released something I am not aware of. Mike will always be RAL, he is their chief producer and engineer, he mixes all their albums. I just think he wanted his own side deal and label situation. If he does not mind doing it indie I say go for it.

d-nice

« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2007, 02:14:28 PM »
Props for the info on this.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2007, 06:54:44 AM »
damn, couldn't find that RBX track "please believe lights out", seems like i need to get that videogame and rip the audio track from it(which shouldn't be a problem)

but i have to admit that some tracks from the RBX files have grown on me (A.W.O.L. , the remix, slip into longbeach The edge--> sounds like a deep cover part II lite, feathers in the wind, our time is now. i already liked sounds of reality and rough is the texture, great songs)

i guess i was disappointed when i first listened to the RBX files ( had high expectations from him, after hearing some of his guest appearances), but the rbx files is certainly the best RBX album imo.

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2007, 08:42:18 AM »
damn, couldn't find that RBX track "please believe lights out", seems like i need to get that videogame and rip the audio track from it(which shouldn't be a problem)

but i have to admit that some tracks from the RBX files have grown on me (A.W.O.L. , the remix, slip into longbeach The edge--> sounds like a deep cover part II lite, feathers in the wind, our time is now. i already liked sounds of reality and rough is the texture, great songs)

i guess i was disappointed when i first listened to the RBX files ( had high expectations from him, after hearing some of his guest appearances), but the rbx files is certainly the best RBX album imo.

I know what your saying dude is so dope on his guest appearances but his albums don't know :-\

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2007, 12:13:05 PM »
yeah i guess you're right. you mentioned MC Ren; i also experienced something similar as you when i first heard his solowork  ;)

the same thing will probably happen with detox if it is going to be released ( for example, i expect an album with the rating 8 out of 10; depending on the musical direction that dre took with it, i may give it a 5 or a 6 out of 10 at first, but hopefully it will grow on me , so i'll eventually rate it 7 out of 10, or even higher).

it's good to see that some ppl participate constructively to the discussion, i hate it when ppl go nuts when somebody has a different opinion about a specific artist/album.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 12:16:05 PM by Dre-Day »

Okka

« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2007, 10:11:04 AM »
RBX got alot of dope material, but then again he got more wack shit then dope. His verse on "Don't Sweat It" was one of the best verses on "Cali Iz Active".

Fuck what they said and fuck what you heard
Dogg Pound Gangsta, nigga that's the word
Act like you know us, I know you do
Back, all in your face like BOO~!
The iller killer like Thrilla in Manilla
The D-Roc keep snow like caterpillar
Seems you better duck when the ooh heat rollin
"Anybody killa" mean everybody DEAD
Get that, for what it's worth
Big guns, big funds represent this turf (L.B.C.)
Some scream the West but don't rep it right
So when it's time to step they come steppin light
If they step at all, pow
Lead slide through they thinkin cap, they fall
What you was thinkin cap?
With all that gangsta fantasy in your stinkin rap

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2007, 11:06:42 AM »
RBX got alot of dope material, but then again he got more wack shit then dope. His verse on "Don't Sweat It" was one of the best verses on "Cali Iz Active".

Fuck what they said and fuck what you heard
Dogg Pound Gangsta, nigga that's the word
Act like you know us, I know you do
Back, all in your face like BOO~!
The iller killer like Thrilla in Manilla
The D-Roc keep snow like caterpillar
Seems you better duck when the ooh heat rollin
"Anybody killa" mean everybody DEAD
Get that, for what it's worth
Big guns, big funds represent this turf (L.B.C.)
Some scream the West but don't rep it right
So when it's time to step they come steppin light
If they step at all, pow
Lead slide through they thinkin cap, they fall
What you was thinkin cap?
With all that gangsta fantasy in your stinkin rap

he murdered Daz and Kurupt on that just like he did on Buccem, RBX is the king of the guest appearance 8)

Snoopafly-1986

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2007, 04:43:34 PM »

d-nice

« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2007, 01:06:57 AM »
yeah i guess you're right. you mentioned MC Ren; i also experienced something similar as you when i first heard his solowork  ;)

the same thing will probably happen with detox if it is going to be released ( for example, i expect an album with the rating 8 out of 10; depending on the musical direction that dre took with it, i may give it a 5 or a 6 out of 10 at first, but hopefully it will grow on me , so i'll eventually rate it 7 out of 10, or even higher).

it's good to see that some ppl participate constructively to the discussion,
I hate it when ppl go nuts when somebody has a different opinion about a specific artist/album.

I hate that shit too,I respect constructive critic,not some biased ass bullshit when dudes get offended because someone got a differnt opinion. What is that about? Then the whole convo end up with some net-banging bullshit.
You got some cool cats in here,I try to stay away from biased ass threads.
Back to the topic,yeah,shit whenever DETOX drop weīll anylize that shit to death.
Sometimes Iīve trouble getting into a album like the new RBX and Daz,but Iīll let it grow on me.
Take away the wak tracks I canīt stand,that usually makes the album better.   :D

Props for the info on this.

So now Iīve re-listen to the Sherm Smoke album a couple of times.
It ainīt that bad,but Sherm got a unique style that might be hard to get into (I still have a hard time to get into his style).  :D
The Jus Murder track is called Watch your back on Shermīs album.
So what do you think D-Nice,after re-listening to it?
What about the RBX catalog after going trough The Shining?

D-Nice
?

Mike Dean after he cut his hair,Devin is the one to the left

Just got back from Scottsdale partying it up at the District the night before. Listened to the RBX catalog while I was out in AZ and I would have to rank them like this:

RBX Files
Broken Silence
No Mercy No Remorse
The Shining
Ripp The Game Bloody

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2007, 01:53:49 AM »

undergroundhead000

« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2007, 07:29:07 PM »
is this underground? if not, fuck it! i'll listen to some Sage Francis and not think about how much of a friggin loser i am. I'll listen to anything with Slug on it too.

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2007, 06:26:31 PM »
RBX is dope but I cant listen to a full album by dude, his voice gets annoying and he recycles his verses worse than Daz does LOL