Author Topic: Dogg Chit thoughts  (Read 503 times)

Snoopafly-1986

Dogg Chit thoughts
« on: October 07, 2007, 02:24:51 AM »
I haven't really been checking for DPG lately the last album that I purchased from either of them was the Dillinger And Gotti album which was dope and just recently while discovering this forum I saw some topics about them and I decided to give them another chance I liked the track with RBX so I just got finished listening to the album and a few thoughts on it. First the production on it to me sounds kind of outdated like something is missing just can't describe it. Second Daz rhymes again sound like he is recycling verses and very interchangeable to me not that I ever thought he was that great of an MC but he always sounded dope and I dug his style. As for Kurupt its kind of hard I mean dude used to be one of my favorite MC's back in the 90's but right now it seems like he is searching for an identity kind of like his verses on the album they really have no direction to them. I liked his flow on several tracks most notalbly the Bad Azz track which was a standout to me along with the last track with damn BG Knoccout isn't he a OG now and others. I thought Kurupt ripped that one and maybe a couple others but I'm gonna give it a few more spins this weekend along with Against The Grain which I thought had superior production on first listen.

AnybodyKilla

Re: Dogg Chit thoughts
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 02:30:39 AM »
Where U From was the dopest i think, but the most killer song was Bucc Em, that song was insane, i never get tired of it, beat is killer and they all come nicely on it, sick ass song, always bump it!!!

d-nice

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 02:31:07 AM »
No doubt. I thought Kurupt's rhymes were solid throughout on it, a few gems but nothing too weak on there. The beats were cool, definitely not Daz's best though. I think the sound was more of a throwback a little bit, which I did not mind as much because Cali Iz Active was completely a new style.

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 02:39:28 AM »
No doubt. I thought Kurupt's rhymes were solid throughout on it, a few gems but nothing too weak on there. The beats were cool, definitely not Daz's best though. I think the sound was more of a throwback a little bit, which I did not mind as much because Cali Iz Active was completely a new style.

I have not heard Cali Iz Active except for a few tracks, Cali Iz Active and Don't Sweat It with RBX again, both of which were dope to me

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 02:44:22 AM »
solid album...beats were cool..but def not their best...somethings missing

d-nice

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2007, 02:48:51 AM »
I'd like to see Fred Wreck or Soopafly executive produce a Dogg Pound album. Give a more updated, harder hitting sound. That way all Daz n Kurupt got to do is focus on the lyrics.

Lazar

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2007, 02:50:21 AM »
The album was pretty good. Got a a lot of good tracks on it like "Anybody Killa", "That Ain´t My Baby" and "Good Ass Day". IMO their best record since "Dogg Food"

Al Bundy

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2007, 05:45:28 AM »
was very disappointed in the release. i bought it the day it came out without downloading the leaked retail. was the worse of the 3 purchases that day (best would be prodigy - return of the mac & redman - red gone wild which i can't make up my mind which one was better)

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2007, 06:01:15 AM »
I liked I few tracks off the album

Where U From - dope G-funk type beat and Bad Azz kills it, Kurupt also has a nice verse
Anybody Killa - Game just murders the track one of the best verses I've heard from him

the 3 bonus tracks are also the highlight for me, Lynch straight kills his verse on the first one with his old flow, Buccem is dope as hell also with Snoop and RBX and the last track with Malone, Knoccout and Dresta is some dope shit with Kurupt killing his verse again

I thought Daz took a step back with this he needs to hook up with Soopa or Mike Dean again because he seems to be recycling beats, the beat on This Gangsta Chit Iz Ours was recycled from As Time Fly By from SDDS, and the first 2 or 3 tracks on the album sound exactly the same to me

d-nice

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2007, 10:33:02 AM »
was very disappointed in the release. i bought it the day it came out without downloading the leaked retail. was the worse of the 3 purchases that day (best would be prodigy - return of the mac & redman - red gone wild which i can't make up my mind which one was better)

Yeah those 2 releases were on point, along with Young Buck's that week. One of the best release dates this year for hip hop. I am going to put Dogg Chit back in the player right now and give it a listen.

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2007, 01:42:07 PM »
i thought it was pretty good.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2007, 01:58:47 PM »
I thought it was a pretty good release, especially after Cali Iz Active

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2007, 09:04:52 AM »
album is not as bad as I thought originally Buccem might be my favorite song this year bangin track 8)

Iliveinthefuture

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2007, 11:24:50 AM »
thread #15468764 about one of the worst releases of 07   8)

d-nice

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2007, 11:32:34 AM »
thread #15468764 about one of the worst releases of 07   8)

What music exactly do you like?