Author Topic: Little Brother - Get Back (Retail)  (Read 757 times)

Elevz

Re: Little Brother - Get Back (Retail)
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2007, 11:32:39 AM »
^^ Altruism is a pretty common word in political philosophy and sociology. It basically speaks on truth-dodging left wing suckers. "Oh look, it's a virtue to help another man without getting anything back for it! It's good to award the needy for their needs, instead of rewarding the real moving people for their achievements. That's just how the world will keep ticking - by ignoring achievements and rewarding need."

Come to think of it. Phonte may have thought he did good by giving away his album, but he's really a slave of his own mentality. He should've got paid instead.

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2007, 11:38:53 AM »
^^ Altruism is a pretty common word in political philosophy and sociology. It basically speaks on truth-dodging left wing suckers. "Oh look, it's a virtue to help another man without getting anything back for it! It's good to award the needy for their needs, instead of rewarding the real moving people for their achievements. That's just how the world will keep ticking - by ignoring achievements and rewarding need."

Come to think of it. Phonte may have thought he did good by giving away his album, but he's really a slave of his own mentality. He should've got paid instead.

Hmm I haven't heard the word in use in danish politics..

Hehe well I can see the beauty in Altruism, I'm a leftist myself ;)

Elevz

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2007, 11:45:33 AM »
^^ Nah, it's not like politicians actually throw the word around - it's a word theorists use. Seriously though, you're saying you see the beauty of it, but do you also see its destructive power? Placing need above value; considering oneself less important than another. That's downright hatred for yourself and mankind, and it's very irrational at that.

Tell me, how would you disarm the arguments of the critics on this page?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altruism_%28ethics%29

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2007, 11:59:21 AM »
^^ Nah, it's not like politicians actually throw the word around - it's a word theorists use. Seriously though, you're saying you see the beauty of it, but do you also see its destructive power? Placing need above value; considering oneself less important than another. That's downright hatred for yourself and mankind, and it's very irrational at that.

Well you can call it downright hatred for myself, but I'll call it love for everybody else..

I'm watching something on the TV right now.. I'll check that link out another time..

I think this topic can evolve to a neverending discussion :)

DreSnoop00

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2007, 01:18:43 PM »
can someone hook it up and send me a link on PM?

Elevz

« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2007, 09:23:01 AM »

Well you can call it downright hatred for myself, but I'll call it love for everybody else..

I'm watching something on the TV right now.. I'll check that link out another time..

I think this topic can evolve to a neverending discussion :)

To place your love for another above your value of self, simply means you're not capable of living. If you don't hold yourself as the highest standard for your own life, how are you going to persuit anything at all? That's depraved man. Submissive. Full of self hatred.

Al Bundy

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2007, 09:25:06 AM »
how's the track with lil wayne?

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2007, 10:11:04 AM »
Its ok, but he ruins it.

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2007, 04:54:37 PM »
I can't get enough of this album, LMAO at Phontes comment...

Al Bundy

« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2007, 04:56:03 PM »

« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2007, 06:11:46 PM »
i don't think get back is on par with listening or minstrel show. i loved how they had consistent unique production throughout. i miss albums being produced by one producer. although dream merchant 2 sounded pretty bad so maybe it's better this way.

Blesswitskill

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2007, 05:58:08 PM »
I wanna hear this album ..can sum1 plug me in? thanx.

Bones01

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2007, 01:33:51 AM »
havn't heard this yet, from the sounds of it, it sounds dope, will check it soon

mrceo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • More Greens Than The Jolly Green Giant
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2007, 06:49:51 PM »
Yo LB dropped heat once again.  There really isn't a skippable track on this album.  I thought I was gonna want more 9th, but the producers did their thang.  Mr. Porter, Illmind, and Hi Tek dropped mad bangers.  This album is funky, the music is all uptempo, soulful shit, theres a little more energy in this album than their others, even though Minstrel Show is overall a better album.  "When Everything Is New" and "Don't Go Breakin' My Heart" have the possibility to be radio singles, let's hope so, that way more people can show love for REAL hip hop.  Can't wait to see them in LA on Nov. 12th.  Does anyone now how the El Rey Theatre is?  I've never been there

SP0RTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside para vida
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2007, 09:46:18 PM »
i like it but to me it is not as good without 9th wonder...they were just perfect with his beats

5 Albums I'm Bumping Right Now (In Order)
Blu & Exile- Below The Heavens
eMC- The Show
WC- Guily By Affiliation
Westside Connection- Bow Down
Wu Tang Clan- Enter the 36 Chambers