Author Topic: I have a renewed HATRED for Boston...  (Read 1908 times)

SGV

Re: I have a renewed HATRED for Boston...
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2007, 07:07:05 PM »
1. There's the Laker Fan who thinks, even when the Lakers aren't getting out of 1st round (losing to the same team, twice in a row), the Lakers are still the team to beat in the NBA.

2. There's the Laker Fan who thinks rationally and is able to admit defeat.

End of the day, they're all Laker Fans. Just some are a little more level headed (number 2).

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2007, 07:26:55 PM »
1. There's the Laker Fan who thinks, even when the Lakers aren't getting out of 1st round (losing to the same team, twice in a row), the Lakers are still the team to beat in the NBA.

End of the day, they're all Laker Fans. Just some are a little more level headed (number 2).

Point is, now we're healthy, and improved...2 years in a row, we coulda' had the Suns, but had some set-back...I'm a realist, but I also have faith in my team...Some people just never will understand what team pride is...Then again, some people root for the Clippers. :-X

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2007, 09:54:25 PM »

Point is, now we're healthy, and improved...2 years in a row, we coulda' had the Suns, but had some set-back...I'm a realist, but I also have faith in my team...Some people just never will understand what team pride is...Then again, some people root for the Clippers. :-X

Coulda shoulda woulda. We lost! And we haven't made any real improvements other than addition by subtraction (getting rid of Smush Parker).
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

SGV

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2007, 10:44:43 AM »

Yes, you had some set back, namely they weren't good enough to beat the Suns, PERIOD. 1 rebound away or not, they lost! But yeah, I'm down with the Clippers, since the Ron Harper/Ken Norman/Danny Manning years. I know that they've been a horrible team throughout so many years. But, I could ALWAYS be like you: "The Clippers would've won the Championship last year if they were healthy! Shaun Livingston only played 54 games and Cassell only 58!!! Had they been healthy they would've won! They're the team to beat (when healthy of course)!" That's living in a fantasy land where everything is positive and all is good, but back in reality, we know the Clips were 20+ games from first and had no chance. Once you can admit defeat without having some excuse, then you can join the level headed Laker fans.

Coulda shoulda woulda. We lost! And we haven't made any real improvements other than addition by subtraction (getting rid of Smush Parker).

Now, THIS is being a realist.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2007, 11:25:17 AM »

Are you retarded? Seriously, now...If you were a real Laker fan, you'd realize that we were playing without Chris Mihm last season, a key big. Without Kwame for most of the season, another key big, who just so happens to anchor the low post defense. Then we had NO input from Radmanovic, a player who was supposed to be a big contributor, all because of his situation...Odom was playing hurt for the 2nd half of the season, Luke was injured, Mo Evans was injured, we were a battered team who had a chance to go 2-2 in the first round against the Suns if it weren't for Donaghy...Of course, you're a pessimistic media-groupie with no Laker pride, though, so you'll keep your head down without realizing any of that...without realizing that Mihm is back. Without realizing we addressed our 2 biggest concerns with ONE signing (Fisher, erasing the veteran leadership and point guard voids of the last 2 seasons), without realizing we got a lottery prospect in the draft, without realizing a year of tri experience is EXTREMELY valuable for players like Bynum, Kwame, Farmar, Luke, Sasha, Turiaf, Radman, etc...without realizing shit...and why? Because you're a media-groupie, a pessimistic "Laker fan" who has no pride in him whatsoever, and loves to report all the negatives without even glancing over at the positives...BabyG, you'll ALWAYS be a BabyG when it comes to Laker dicussion...Unless you completely change your mind-state...but I truly don't see that happening...PeACe
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 12:03:04 PM by Now_I_Know »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2007, 11:41:32 AM »

Yes, you had some set back, namely they weren't good enough to beat the Suns, PERIOD. 1 rebound away or not, they lost! But yeah, I'm down with the Clippers, since the Ron Harper/Ken Norman/Danny Manning years. I know that they've been a horrible team throughout so many years. But, I could ALWAYS be like you: "The Clippers would've won the Championship last year if they were healthy! Shaun Livingston only played 54 games and Cassell only 58!!! Had they been healthy they would've won! They're the team to beat (when healthy of course)!" That's living in a fantasy land where everything is positive and all is good, but back in reality, we know the Clips were 20+ games from first and had no chance. Once you can admit defeat without having some excuse, then you can join the level headed Laker fans.

Now, THIS is being a realist.

LMAO@acting like the Lakers and Clippers are on the same level...BabyG isn't being realistic, he's being a pessimist. If you wanna have pride in the Clippers, you root for them to make the playoffs, not to win a ring...Lakers is a different story...PeACe

SGV

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2007, 12:00:07 PM »
They both had key players get injured this past season. With both teams 100%, who knows what they may or may not have done. Clippers are not a Championship caliber team, but neither are the Lakers.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2007, 12:01:42 PM »
Lakers >>>>> Clippers.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2007, 12:51:08 PM »

Are you retarded? Seriously, now...If you were a real Laker fan, you'd realize that we were playing without Chris Mihm last season, a key big. Without Kwame for most of the season, another key big, who just so happens to anchor the low post defense. Then we had NO input from Radmanovic, a player who was supposed to be a big contributor, all because of his situation...Odom was playing hurt for the 2nd half of the season, Luke was injured, Mo Evans was injured, we were a battered team who had a chance to go 2-2 in the first round against the Suns if it weren't for Donaghy...Of course, you're a pessimistic media-groupie with no Laker pride, though, so you'll keep your head down without realizing any of that...without realizing that Mihm is back. Without realizing we addressed our 2 biggest concerns with ONE signing (Fisher, erasing the veteran leadership and point guard voids of the last 2 seasons), without realizing we got a lottery prospect in the draft, without realizing a year of tri experience is EXTREMELY valuable for players like Bynum, Kwame, Farmar, Luke, Sasha, Turiaf, Radman, etc...without realizing shit...and why? Because you're a media-groupie, a pessimistic "Laker fan" who has no pride in him whatsoever, and loves to report all the negatives without even glancing over at the positives...BabyG, you'll ALWAYS be a BabyG when it comes to Laker dicussion...Unless you completely change your mind-state...but I truly don't see that happening...PeACe

Lol I just tell it how it is - you tell it how you wish it was. At the end of the day nothing I've said about this team in the past 2 years has been wrong. Last year around this time I said the West got tougher and the Lakers didn't make ANY upgrades. You called me a fake fan and went on and on about how great of an addition Vlad was and how valuable Shammond Williams would be. Who was right? The Lakers went home after 5 games. Keep living in a dream world but atleast wake up when you wanna talk to me. Everyone who post in the sports section (except your but buddy Ted) knows that you're the groupie and I'm the fan.

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2007, 03:31:15 PM »
LOL @ fake ass Laker fans
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2007, 05:46:17 PM »

Lol I just tell it how it is - you tell it how you wish it was. At the end of the day nothing I've said about this team in the past 2 years has been wrong. Last year around this time I said the West got tougher and the Lakers didn't make ANY upgrades. You called me a fake fan and went on and on about how great of an addition Vlad was and how valuable Shammond Williams would be. Who was right? The Lakers went home after 5 games. Keep living in a dream world but atleast wake up when you wanna talk to me. Everyone who post in the sports section (except your but buddy Ted) knows that you're the groupie and I'm the fan.

I guarantee that everyone knows who the real Laker fan is, on the inside at least. That's why the Laker haters always side with you and the ones with real Laker pride side with me...As for your homosexual fantasies about me and Ted, I never even spoke with the guy outside this board, so stop with the gayness...Last year, I was right and you were wrong...We played excellent up until the all-star break and the injury pile-up, and we were even amongst the elite...Of course, your pessimistic "Laker fan" ass will never wanna acknowledge that...shut the fuck up and become a Mavs fan or some shit. Weren't you the one with that quote, "I can't wait to see the Mavs win the west," before last season began? The fuck outta here, son...PeACe

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2007, 07:45:07 PM »

I guarantee that everyone knows who the real Laker fan is, on the inside at least. That's why the Laker haters always side with you and the ones with real Laker pride side with me...As for your homosexual fantasies about me and Ted, I never even spoke with the guy outside this board, so stop with the gayness...Last year, I was right and you were wrong...We played excellent up until the all-star break and the injury pile-up, and we were even amongst the elite...Of course, your pessimistic "Laker fan" ass will never wanna acknowledge that...shut the fuck up and become a Mavs fan or some shit. Weren't you the one with that quote, "I can't wait to see the Mavs win the west," before last season began? The fuck outta here, son...PeACe

You've brought that quote up like 70 times. Yeah I said I can't wait to see the Mavs win". Big deal. Everyone has their picks at the start of the season. Only difference is, mine are realistic - yours are fantasy. How the fuck were you right? I said the Lakers didn't make any adjustments and were going to struggle to make the playoffs - they finished 2 games over .500. How the fuck was I wrong?

Lol I don't know why I'm arguing with you. You're the same guy who was happy to see us trade away Caron Butler for Butterfinger Brown. And you're the same guy who was happy to see us throw away our MLE on the Space Cadet. And you're the last NBA fan on the planet who's expecting Lamar Odom to make the All-Star team.

SGV

« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2007, 08:44:08 AM »
The Lakers have been playing like the Clippers since Shaq left... So right now it's safe to say Clippers = Lakers. With Cassell playing a majority of games, the Clippers were able to advance to the second round (with the Lakers exiting in the first). If Brand, Cut, Cassell & Maggette were to stay healthy, the Clipperes would be in the playoffs easy. But with Brand pretty much done this season and Livingston out for most of the season as well, the Clippers need Brevin Knight to step up and come off the bench for Cassell (Homeboy is 37 now, not much left in his tank). Al Thorton, Maggette, Patterson and especially Tim Thomas need to step up a lot more to fill in the void for Brand being out. Kaman just needs to continue to play as hard as he has been. He needs to bang the boards some more though. So my hopes aren't too high for this season. That's just being a real fan though. Being able to grasp reality...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2007, 12:22:05 PM »

You've brought that quote up like 70 times. Yeah I said I can't wait to see the Mavs win". Big deal. Everyone has their picks at the start of the season. Only difference is, mine are realistic - yours are fantasy. How the fuck were you right? I said the Lakers didn't make any adjustments and were going to struggle to make the playoffs - they finished 2 games over .500. How the fuck was I wrong?

Lol I don't know why I'm arguing with you. You're the same guy who was happy to see us trade away Caron Butler for Butterfinger Brown. And you're the same guy who was happy to see us throw away our MLE on the Space Cadet. And you're the last NBA fan on the planet who's expecting Lamar Odom to make the All-Star team.

I bring up that quote because it defines you. The point is, your pick at the beginning of last season (the Mavs) were just as capable as the Lakers, which made what you said extremely pathetic (if you consider yourself a Laker fan, that is). Lakers did make adjustments and only struggled to make the playoffs through lack of players due to injury, not through lack of depth, son...But your punk ass STILL refuses to see it, and that stems from your lack of Laker pride. Maybe the Caron-for-Kwame trade wasn't the best, but without Kwame, we would not even be a playoff team, considering our low post defense consists of Kwame 100%...Radmanovic, as well, was not a bad signing at 30 mill, considering Seattle offered him 42 mill for the same deal. Of course, a non-basketball head like you wouldn't see it, because all you saw was an injured Radmanovic playing at 50% for half a season, so your simple mind automatically assumes that he's a terrible player, when it's not even close to the truth...and I'm still laughing at your punk ass Josh Howard all-star loving ass acting like Odom isn't an all-star caliber player. :grumpy:

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2007, 12:28:03 PM »
The Lakers have been playing like the Clippers since Shaq left... So right now it's safe to say Clippers = Lakers. With Cassell playing a majority of games, the Clippers were able to advance to the second round (with the Lakers exiting in the first). If Brand, Cut, Cassell & Maggette were to stay healthy, the Clipperes would be in the playoffs easy. But with Brand pretty much done this season and Livingston out for most of the season as well, the Clippers need Brevin Knight to step up and come off the bench for Cassell (Homeboy is 37 now, not much left in his tank). Al Thorton, Maggette, Patterson and especially Tim Thomas need to step up a lot more to fill in the void for Brand being out. Kaman just needs to continue to play as hard as he has been. He needs to bang the boards some more though. So my hopes aren't too high for this season. That's just being a real fan though. Being able to grasp reality...

LOL@Lakers=Clippers...Too funny. The Clippers make the playoffs once in a span of 10 years, and all of a sudden their fans actually think they're on the same level as the Lakers. Classic. Seriously, though, the Clippers are back to their old ways, while the Lakers are unquestionably a playoff team year in and year out...even WITH drastic injuries, which can't be said for the Clippers, cuz we all saw what happens when some Clipper players get injured...Just like you said "If Brand, Cut, Cassell & Maggette were to stay healthy, the Clipperes would be in the playoffs easy," I say, "If Odom, Luke, Kwame & Radmanovic were to stay healthy, the Lakers would be elite easy"...It's the same thing. So don't come in here talking shit when all I'm doing is being a fan with pride...If anything, talk shit to those who show no soul, like BabyG...PeACe