Author Topic: Dueces 'N Trayz ... Should Be Considered a Classic  (Read 424 times)

Big BpG

Re: Dueces 'N Trayz ... Should Be Considered a Cla
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2001, 08:55:32 AM »
Maybe you are all right  :P but you get that feeling when you hear a good album.. take chronic 2001. I listend to it once and I knew it was going to be a classic... I KNEW IT WOULD BE! I got the same feeling on Dueces N Trayz.... anyway... I'll bring back this topic in 5 years.... peace yall!  :)

-bpg
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

DPGC2001

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2001, 01:00:37 PM »
dope album?...yes
classic?...no

Quadruple OG

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2001, 03:27:38 PM »

I JUST WANTED 2 C IF I CUD QUOTE MYSELF SO THA FOOL MACK 11 DUZNT MISS IT!
;D

peace

ok jackass, I saw what you had to say, and you need to get Snoop's dick out of your ass and pay attention.  Did people say The Chronic was a classic after hearing it for the first time?  No.  It has taken several years for people to recognize the importance of that album, same with Doggystyle, All Eyez on Me, and Makaveli.  This album will most likely fade away like most albums do.  This album breaks NO GROUND WHATSOEVER.  Someone, please point out where new ground is broken?  Exactly, it doesn't.  for you to say this album is a classic, especially only a couple of days after it hits the internet is ridiculous.  I bet you that this album goes platinum at the most.  And to this bitch I'm responding to, I took your advice, and I listened to all three of those albums, then compared it to the new Eastsidaz album, and guess what?  THE EASTSIDAZ NEW ONE AIN'T AS GOOD AS THEM.  Production wise, the three Death Row albums show that underground westcoast producers are much better than the people that produced this album, so yes, I'm saying Big Hutch, DJ Quik, Darren Vargas, Kurt Calhoun, Binky Mack, Blaqthoven, VMF are better than Fred Wreck, Dr. Dre, Hi-Tek, Jelly Roll, etc.  If u want more proof, listen to MC Eiht's new album.  The production on that album is 10x better than this album, or Snoop's last one, or anything that Snoop has touched since his Top Dogg album.  I'm being real; I'm not dickriding it like others on this board.  Shit, you are probably the same people that jumped all over Jayo Felony, saying "Fuck Jayo" and "Jayo sucks", just cuz he dissed Snoop.  And so what that I like Death Row.  They produced quality music.  You may not like it cuz they diss Snoop and Dre, which is straight up ignorant.  People should recognize quality music when they hear it, no matter what the content.    

Oh, to that kid saying fuck Death Row, like it or not, Death Row put west coast on the map.  

Big BpG

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2001, 03:38:05 PM »
What you said is an opinion... dont turn it into fact

-bpg

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Quadruple OG

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2001, 03:47:09 PM »
I know it's just my opinion, but that jackass quoted himself to see if I'd respond, and that pissed me off.  If he doesn't like what I wrote, don't bother responding.

JLscorpio

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2001, 04:01:09 PM »
Mack_11 at best i can say i respect your opinion. but to say that Chronic 2000 and Dogg Pound 2002 were better albums than 2001 or The Eastsidaz is stupid. First of all the only real talent on 2000 was V.K. and mac Shawn the rest were all sound alikes and wannabees. the production was ok but not great. And i haven't heard 2002 so i will say nothing. You said death Row  put the west on the map, which is true, but its not the same Death Row. To even call the company Death Row now is a joke. There are only two members who are left from the beginning both of which are RnB singers who had little to do with the greatness that was Death Row. You said that Big Hutch and others are better than Dr.Dre and associates. this is an opinion and should not be expressed as a fact.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2001, 04:19:17 PM »
Ididn't really feel VK.  I felt she was biting The Lady of Rage, which no one I've seen has really picked up on.  And about them being imitators, if that's how their voice sounds, then they can't change that.  Look at Shyne, he sounds a lot like Biggie, but not as many people jump on him saying he's a Biggie imposter than the DR people.  If I say "Top Dogg is tight", there will be about 17 replies saying "he sucks, he bites Snoop".  I felt Top Dogg came tight on that album.  The production on that album was tighter than this Eastsidaz album, partially because they didn't give a fuck if it was accepted commercially, which Snoop does and is the reason why Swizz Beats and Mobb Deep and Hi-Tek are on the album.  

About Dogg Pound 2002, the only reason people are hating on it is because Suge is releasing it.  If Daz, or Snoop was releasing it, these same people would be like "This album is incredible".  The song "Smoke" is one of my top 5 DPG songs ever, and it is Snoop at his best.  But people refuse to buy it cuz Suge is putting it out.  I don't give a fuck if Suge, Daz, Snoop, Trapp, E-40, DJ Quik put out this album, I'm still gonna get my $15  and buy the album.

techniec

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2001, 04:59:32 PM »
mack 11, i respect your opinion but u gotta reconsider some statements u made:

1- u said snoop wants to be accepted commercially thats why he put mobb deep and hi tek on it.  Hi tek and mobb deep are no where near the fuckin commercial man, thats a stupid comment homie

2- death row didnt put the west coast on the map, u can thank the lil homie eric wright (rip) for that

peace

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2001, 06:01:27 PM »
Mack 11 "Death Row put west coast on the map."

you must be a newcomer to hip hop because if i'm not mistaken N.W.A., Too $hort, Ice-T, and many others put the WEST on the map  ;D

N.W.A. being the key group in the rise of WEST COAST hip hop!

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2001, 06:14:02 AM »
Man Mack 11 get off Suge's nuts

You said
"They produced quality music"

Damn right - key word = produced
as in past tense

And lay off the villain else you'll get smacked