Author Topic: Dr. Dre Settles With Napster  (Read 76 times)

Sir Hambone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hambone 2 The Dome, Hard As Stone,Took the Throne
Dr. Dre Settles With Napster
« on: July 16, 2001, 01:11:56 AM »
Dr. Dre has reached a settlement with the now shut down file swapping service, Napster. According to the terms of the settlement, Napster agrees to identify and block access to files that Dr, Dre does not want to allow users to share. On his part, Dr. Dre has agreed to make certain of his material available from time to time once an acceptable model is in place that ensures payment to artists and publishers for the uses of their works. "I work hard making music -- that's how I earn a living," Dre said. "Now that Napster's agreed to respect that, I don't have any beef with them."

A judge ordered Napster to halt all trading and remain shut down until they could implement the technology they have to identify songs. Napsters CEO Hank Barry said "The Judge issued an order prohibiting Napster from enabling file transfers unless Napster reaches 100% success. The Court delegated to the technical expert further examination and testing of the Napster system."

While Napster fights to stay alive, other file trading services such as Audiogalaxy and Gnutella continue to thrive and offer users an alternative to Napster.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
Hambone, all others are fake,like Clones,Hop skip and a jump punk,dirty south crunk,lyrics lethal give u a bump like a Cancer Lump,So try to Tempt,fuckin simp,eat your spinach fuckin wimp,have u all crimp and crimpled,and it was all pretty simple,Came back from haitus, my nephews and us, ya'll can't fade us,some of ya'll crossin over like traitors,Took the bait and Hook,come back around and beat your azz like a crook,if u need 2 learn go get a book,SirHambone, Welcoming me back to the WCC Home

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Dr. Dre Settles With Napster
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2001, 02:05:48 AM »
YEH I POSTED THIS A FEW DAYS AGO, ITS A LITTLE WAY DOWN 'DRE SETTLES'

THERES SUM REPLIES AND MORE INFO BY SIKOTIC I THINK

peace
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network