Author Topic: Allow Me To Introduce (Part III) - Sway  (Read 315 times)

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Allow Me To Introduce (Part III) - Sway
« on: October 25, 2007, 03:38:34 AM »
i have decided to add onto KURUPTION's series of threads:

Part I - Skinnyman: http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=156597.0
Part II - Klashnekoff: http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=157594.0

Part III - Sway

Sway began his career by making beats for rappers, before writing rhymes himself and rapping on London's underground hip hop scene in MC battles. Sway produces his beats and songs alongside his long-time friends Pyrelli and Bigz from DCypha Productions his current independent label.

Using computer programs and home recording equipment, he was able set up his own record label and distribute his CD mix tapes through independent record shops. In doing so, he received airplay on the capital's pirate radio stations before being playlisted by BBC digital black music station 1Xtra three years ago.

Sway has released two independent mixtapes, called This Is My Promo Volumes 1 and 2. They were underground successes, and his debut LP This Is My Demo was released on February 6, 2006. Its second single, "Little Derek", headed in at #38 on the UK national charts. Remixes are also available featuring Baby Blue.

In February 2006, Sway appeared on Channel 4 News, where he was asked to comment on the question of whether Black British music was on the decline.

Sway was the main support act for The Streets' UK tour, which began in Manchester on April 27, 2006, and ended in Leeds on May 12, 2006. He has also been performing solo around Europe to promote This is My Demo. He created a song in 2005 dedicated to his profile on MySpace. He also appeared on The Mitchell Brothers' popular single "Harvey Nicks", alongside The Streets' Mike Skinner.

In July 2006, Sway's album 'This Is My Demo' was nominated for the 2006 Mercury Music Prize but the award was won by the Arctic Monkeys at the ceremony on September 6. [2]

In November 2006, Sway won a BET Hip-Hop Award for "Best UK Hip-Hop Act", beating the likes of Blak Twang, Plan B, Dizzee Rascal and Kano.

By being nominated and winning the BET for "BEST UK Hip-Hop Act", Sway was seen by millions across America in a video showing himself in a cipher with Saigon, Remy Ma, and Rhymefest freestyling on a rooftop in New York. This freestyle can also be heard on DJ Kay Slay's mixtape Drama Season Begins Now.

His song "Hype Boys" is used in the video gameNeed For Speed: Carbon.

Sway recently released his EP "One For The Journey" in which he states it is not his second album with the rumoured title to his second album being "The Signature LP".

Official Videos:
Sway - Flo Fashion (from This Is My Demo):
Sway - Lil Derek (from This Is My Demo):
Sway - Up Your Speed (from This Is My Demo):
Stanton Warriors (feat. Sway) - Get Em High (from One For The Journey EP):   - who you know that'd flow on this?!?

Songs:
Sway - Baby Father (from One For The Journey EP):
Sway feat. Chamillionaire - Up Your Speed (US Remix) (from Up Your Speed Remixes CDS):
Sway feat. Baby Blue & Bruza - Fuck New York:

if anyone would like This Is My Demo or One For The Journey EP hooking up just make a request.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 04:08:22 AM by es-jay »

wardy

Re: Allow Me To Introduce (Part III) - Sway
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 04:03:28 AM »
sway is a very talented artist and he deserves to be up there with dizzee and kano

Sway feat. Baby Blue & Bruza - Fuck New York < anyone got the explicit version of this track?
WWW.MJTKFS.COM

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 04:09:16 AM »
^i only have the radio rip from 1Xtra...

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 04:10:59 AM »
+1 for this thread!! Sway's my fav UK rapper, hes a beast and his flow is crazy! Copped his first album, and eagerly anticipated his follow up but it seems like its never comming, i heard he signed with Akon tho.....

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 04:13:38 AM »
+1 for this thread!! Sway's my fav UK rapper, hes a beast and his flow is crazy! Copped his first album, and eagerly anticipated his follow up but it seems like its never comming, i heard he signed with Akon tho.....

yeah, i noticed that on the Wiki page but there is nothing else anywhere so i personally dont believe it.

have you heard One For The Journey EP??? AKA The Prequel To The Sequel?

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 05:38:00 AM »
You know what, living in the UK and stuff myself i've always heard bits about Sway but never really taken any notice...I guess now is a better time than never to check him out  :)
Boy Better Know I roll deep with the Nastiest crew, i'm P-Money but i'm O.Gz too"

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 06:39:20 AM »
^+1, you wont be disappointed. sway is a beast on the mic.

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 07:02:24 AM »

yeah, i noticed that on the Wiki page but there is nothing else anywhere so i personally dont believe it.

have you heard One For The Journey EP??? AKA The Prequel To The Sequel?

If i remember correctly when sway (or was it akon) was on Soccer AM a while back they said sway was close to signing with Konvict, and that'd happen in the coming weeks but i havent heard anything since, so i duno WTFs goin on.....

I heard his EP which wasnt bad but i didnt think it was anything special, Move Backs dope as hell tho!! So much energy in that track, always get me fired up!! lol

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2007, 07:09:43 AM »
cant place what it is but i really dont like him  :-\

little derek is still a banger though

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2007, 07:15:15 AM »
es-jay i'm placing a request, hook those two EPs up :P better i ask here so that it catches your attention.
Boy Better Know I roll deep with the Nastiest crew, i'm P-Money but i'm O.Gz too"

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2007, 08:10:44 AM »
i will get get them uploaded. bare with me an hour or so

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2007, 09:22:45 AM »

Sway - This Is My Demo
01. This Is My Demo
02. Products
03. Hype Boys
04. Little Derek
05. Pretty Ugly Husband
06. Flo Fashion
07. Up Your Speed
08. Download
09. Loose Woose
10. Sick World
11. On My Own
12. Back For You
13. Slow Down
14. Month In The Summer

http://www.mediafire.com/?421tdt9cvcn

Enjoy!

One For The Journey EP will be uploaded later...

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2007, 11:03:28 AM »

Sway - One For The Journey EP
01. True Stories
02. Move Back (feat. Chiefer)
03. Baby Father
04. Up Your Speed Part 2 (feat. Chamillionaire)
05. Ex-Boyfriend
06. Every Man (For Himself) (feat. Mr Hudson)
07. Get Em High (Stanton Warriors feat. Sway)

http://www.mediafire.com/?910mvil5z0n

Enjoy!

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2007, 03:17:50 PM »
Sway is a very talented artist, he has some great lyrics but also doesent take himself that seriously so you also see a humerous side.

Im suprised he hasnt done better commercially as he has the type of tracks that could fit on the radio easily.

Like StreetsAllSalute said little derek is a real dope track. Overall this is my demo is a good album and the ep is impressive also.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Paul

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2007, 03:31:37 PM »
great idea guys, people need to open up to uk hip hop,

imma do 1 for the mitchell brothers when i get a chance

btw i got the advance copy of dressed for the occasion, theres a song with proffesor green called resevour drugs which is  :o
funkyfreshintheflesh