Author Topic: Scarface-MADE  (Read 799 times)

d-nice

Re: Scarface-MADE
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2007, 11:04:14 PM »
I don't base shit on sales anymore. People are so clueless on music I don't even bother referring people to shit. I knew times were changing back when Last Of A Dying Breed was out and Yung Wun from Ruff Ryders was out and I was working at FYE. I recommended Scarface's album to him being that it was the South and it is a classic album IMO. He swore up and down he was wack and Yung Wun was better. I was like well Yung worked with Face on RR Vol 2 so I think it's all good. His homeboy was like I don't know much about Face, but dude is a vet in the game. I played him For What and he was blown away.

See that is the problem, lack of knowledge with alot of fans on the artists before their favorites. Who do you think the Lil Wayne's and Ludas and TI's listen to before they shit? But with most people talking about Scarface is like talking to a brick wall so I personally would like to see MADE do numbers but I know Face is going to give me a Face approved, certified banger like he always does so I don't care if I was the only one to buy it. I know I am getting quality material.
i also think it's gon be quality
i was just saying if sales are partly his goal (which i think is always the case if you go with a major) the T.i/Wayne track is his best chance...

Oh I don't doubt what you are saying, it is just that now quality shit no matter how dope it is, is going over people's heads and is not selling. This is a single and IPod driven society. To appreciate good music for most you gotta chill and vibe to that shit. People don't have the time and would rather burn it anyway. Even if Face was at a label that was really pushing his album, it still would not do big numbers. Why? Because Face's music goes over alot of people's head. Not his fault, but ya can't get your Superman dance on and supersoak that hoe or whatever the fuck is going on now.

Lunatic

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2007, 11:11:58 PM »
I don't base shit on sales anymore. People are so clueless on music I don't even bother referring people to shit. I knew times were changing back when Last Of A Dying Breed was out and Yung Wun from Ruff Ryders was out and I was working at FYE. I recommended Scarface's album to him being that it was the South and it is a classic album IMO. He swore up and down he was wack and Yung Wun was better. I was like well Yung worked with Face on RR Vol 2 so I think it's all good. His homeboy was like I don't know much about Face, but dude is a vet in the game. I played him For What and he was blown away.

See that is the problem, lack of knowledge with alot of fans on the artists before their favorites. Who do you think the Lil Wayne's and Ludas and TI's listen to before they shit? But with most people talking about Scarface is like talking to a brick wall so I personally would like to see MADE do numbers but I know Face is going to give me a Face approved, certified banger like he always does so I don't care if I was the only one to buy it. I know I am getting quality material.
i was just saying if sales are partly his goal (which i think is always the case if you go with a major) the T.i/Wayne track is his best chance...

Oh I don't doubt what you are saying, it is just that now quality shit no matter how dope it is, is going over people's heads and is not selling. This is a single and IPod driven society. To appreciate good music for most you gotta chill and vibe to that shit. People don't have the time and would rather burn it anyway. Even if Face was at a label that was really pushing his album, it still would not do big numbers. Why? Because Face's music goes over alot of people's head. Not his fault, but ya can't get your Superman dance on and supersoak that hoe or whatever the fuck is going on now.
true that dog
that is true..i can't lie, i enjoy 2 hear when my favorite artists sell a decent amount of records, but clearly that doesn't affect my opinion on an artist, as most of favs aren't exactly high selling artists (at all)
exactly what im saying, but if he's gonna try (which he is) drop a single with some big names YET also good artists on it like Tip/Wayne
LMAO!!
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

d-nice

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2007, 11:18:07 PM »

true that dog
that is true..i can't lie, i enjoy 2 hear when my favorite artists sell a decent amount of records, but clearly that doesn't affect my opinion on an artist, as most of favs aren't exactly high selling artists (at all)
exactly what im saying, but if he's gonna try (which he is) drop a single with some big names YET also good artists on it like Tip/Wayne
LMAO!!

Most definitely. I agree, drop that as a single. But in today's climate I don't even know if that will help sales. Most people would probably be like who is the "new" guy rapping with TI and Wayne.  ;D :loser: :grumpy:

I hope I am wrong with that and Cube did show you can still sell in this market doing music that is true to your roots and the fans. I just don't see peeps going to bat for Face in the South like they do for other Houston artists and other artists in the South.

Lunatic

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2007, 11:19:05 PM »

true that dog
LMAO!!

Most definitely. I agree, drop that as a single. But in today's climate I don't even know if that will help sales. Most people would probably be like who is the "new" guy rapping with TI and Wayne.  ;D :loser: :grumpy:

I hope I am wrong with that and Cube did show you can still sell in this market doing music that is true to your roots and the fans. I just don't see peeps going to bat for Face in the South like they do for other Houston artists and other artists in the South.
LOL!! sad part is that's probably true :-\
very true...that remains to be seen

d-nice

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2007, 11:30:31 PM »
The 2nd half of the year has gotten a little bit better. Kanye and 50, Tip, Fabolous selling. Common and Bone close to gold. Would like to add Face to that list. Like Luna said we will have to wait and see.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2007, 11:58:23 PM »
this cd is gunna be dope. Scarface is fuckin dope. im fucking high off dope. fuck this is dope!

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2007, 07:29:49 AM »

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

blunts40sbitches

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • The Realness
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2007, 09:41:36 AM »
NEVER IS THE REALEST TRACK OUT.....

Lunatic

« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2007, 12:09:56 PM »
But Rap-A-Lot put Lil Wayne on Devin's first single from his last album. Did that help?
they didn't even shoot a video for it..u can't expect a single to do anything with no tv time

Lunatic

« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2007, 12:56:48 PM »
^that's the problem with rap-a-lot

Lunatic

« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2007, 01:33:50 PM »
But from understand,they tread their artists well.
I guess they see Devin as the last cash cow,hadn´t the climate been so bad,Devin might had a chance to push some units.
It was a strange move by them,but I see where they was going with it.
If they first had spent so much money on star features,they should have gone all the way.
The track with Lil Wayne had comercial potensial if it got pushed and they did a video for it.
yea, marketing is there only problem..besides that they got a good eye for talent (mic-wise & production) and treat there artists well

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2007, 01:49:34 PM »
Scarface's album is gonna be great!

Lunatic and Jromes discussion made me wanna post this :D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/jIHjuSWzGEA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/jIHjuSWzGEA</a>

I agree with Jrome though (as allways)

Al Bundy

« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2007, 02:05:28 PM »
I'm late in this convo about how ever face will big numbers or not.
I don't know if you remeber? But Rap-A-Lot put Lil Wayne on Devin's first single from his last album. Did that help?
Right before the release they even wasted more money getting Snoop and Andre featured.
I'm buying a "Devin/Scarface" album not a compilation,if the features ain't natural,fuck em and leave them out. ...and fuck this obsession with sales.

imo wayne tore up his appearance on devins album

Al Bundy

« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2007, 07:30:58 PM »
Bundy if you read one my other reply's I was suprised by Lil' Wayne's performance on Devin's album.
I don't know his shit other all that R&B junk he's featured on that plays on TV all the time,so I guess his performance was step up for me.

Shit, I also thought What A Job was dope as hell too. I like the whole album front to back. Rap-a-Lot puts out quality releases.

EARNERTON!

• 'G'
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2007, 04:52:07 AM »
Scarface's new album lsounds like its going to be big, truss