Author Topic: How The Fuck...  (Read 655 times)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Re: How The Fuck...
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2007, 09:12:50 PM »
you guys heard danger mouses mix of beatles white album and jay's black album? the grey album? that shit is awesome.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2007, 08:58:26 AM »
The thing about jay is i've always felt he was massively overrated and that nas was underrated, duno why but its always appeared to me as if people blew jays music up simply because they wanted a king of new york and jays always been more marketable than nas (nas cant make BIG club tunes, jay can), and it must be said RD is a sick ass album but theres average joints on it which in my opinion stop it from being a classic, i agree with Lun that the Blueprint is overrated, its boring as fuck and theres wack joints (i'm not hating, im a massive nas fan and think Stillmatic is overrated) and the Black album is sick.....but ive always felt that wen you consider the big 4 of Pac, Big, Nas and supposedly Jay, ive always felt that Jay is only considered the GOAT because hes achieved so much (£ wise) and because hes still going strong, but i dont see how any of these relate to him being the GOAT ??? His Discopgraphy is average apart from RD and TBA, im not saying its wack, it shits over other rap discographies but i dont think u can compare Jay to Pac, Nas or Big, Call me a hater but its my opinion......

smegma

« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2007, 09:07:33 AM »
Girls Girls Girls (+ the unecessary remix) and Change Clothes are the only tracks I don't like off of those albums

Those are 2 of the few Jay-Z solo joints that I like :-X

you guys heard danger mouses mix of beatles white album and jay's black album? the grey album? that shit is awesome.

-T

There are TONS of remixes made with the acapellas of that album. Someone should open a thread for that, so every single Remixed Black Album can be posted there.

everlast1986

« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2007, 09:18:56 AM »
Reasonable Doubt - Classic
Vol. 1 - Pretty solid but has a couple of fillers
Vol. 2 - Awesome album imo but some don't agree. It probably got the most plays out of me.
Vol. 3 - Pretty weak. Only could listen to half of the album
Dynasty - Little bit better than Vol.3. The production is solid but Jay's rhymes were pretty tiring.
The Blueprint - Classic as far as production goes. If it wasn't for Jay on some tracks, I could listen to that album front to back.
The Blueprint 2 - Pretty average for the time period it came out. Tons of fillers but alot of dope tracks too.
The Black Album - Classic
Kingdom Come - Probably would have been good if it wasn't rushed. With such a dope producers and guest features, it didn't live up to half of my expectations.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2007, 09:28:06 AM »
Girls Girls Girls (+ the unecessary remix) and Change Clothes are the only tracks I don't like off of those albums

Those are 2 of the few Jay-Z solo joints that I like :-X

Fo real?  :-X

-T

There are TONS of remixes made with the acapellas of that album. Someone should open a thread for that, so every single Remixed Black Album can be posted there.
[/quote]

Agreed. i think have some of those albums though

kemizt

Lunatic

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2007, 09:32:26 AM »
the grouprip will be out any minute
y'all know what it is, i'll start the thread soon
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Lunatic

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2007, 09:42:27 AM »
damn, this is what the leak says

"Upping now man. Oh, and could a mod rename this? This isn't the grouprip, just retail. I'm so used to putting grouprip in the titles. Sorry about that".

so looks like all 15 tracks are finally out in 1 file, but not the grouprip yet...but isn't retail/grouprip same thing??
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 09:44:06 AM by Lunatic 63 »

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2007, 10:04:59 AM »
damn, this is what the leak says

"Upping now man. Oh, and could a mod rename this? This isn't the grouprip, just retail. I'm so used to putting grouprip in the titles. Sorry about that".

so looks like all 15 tracks are finally out in 1 file, but not the grouprip yet...but isn't retail/grouprip same thing??

No the retail is obviously the retail album lol, but the grouprip i think is wen a ripping group rips the songs together so that they are all of the same quality, and wen u put it in iTunes they are in order lol, thats how i define grouprip neway lol Non grouprips tend to vary in quality....

smegma

« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2007, 10:06:47 AM »
A grouprip is ripped by an mp3 group, for example WHOA, RAGEMP3, CR or SUT.

Lunatic

« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2007, 10:27:37 AM »
true
but the quality of the retail is really good as well, no?

Lunatic

« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2007, 10:29:55 AM »
fuck it...soon i'm just gonna d.l it & post a track here for y'all 2 decide if u want the link or not

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2007, 11:23:02 AM »
Why the hate for Girls Girls?I think that track is fuckin' good, and it's really cool to hear Biz, Q-TIp and SLick RIck on the chorus
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Lunatic

« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2007, 11:23:38 AM »
Why the hate for Girls Girls?I think that track is fuckin' good, and it's really cool to hear Biz, Q-TIp and SLick RIck on the chorus
i thought it was a boring track all in all

smegma

« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2007, 11:28:13 AM »
true
but the quality of the retail is really good as well, no?

Well, the quality of an mp3 is never better than the quality of the source (usually cd or vynil) it's ripped from. Mp3groups have better software than you do to rip mp3s with.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/APOCALYPSE_pRODUCTION_cREW
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabid_Neurosis

Lunatic

« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2007, 11:28:47 AM »
^true
+1