Author Topic: [AUDIO] Ice Cube-Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It (Produced By Maestro)  (Read 1557 times)

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
Re: [AUDIO] Ice Cube-Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It (Produced By Maestro)
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2007, 07:31:42 PM »
^Yeah no doubt I wasn't being negative in any manner whatsoever just a conduit of the info  :)

I love that shit when Cube says "Choke a eagle just to fed all my people"

Only Cube does shit like that & that's why he's still got some of the best fans in the world.

d-nice

« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2007, 07:41:50 PM »
^Yeah no doubt I wasn't being negative in any manner whatsoever just a conduit of the info  :)

Only Cube does shit like that & that's why he's still got some of the best fans in the world.
oh, no negativity taken at all homie.

Lunatic

« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2007, 07:45:19 PM »
beat is dope
song sounds sick
can't see this getting much play as a single though :-\

You would be surprised. If anyone could drop a single like this it is Cube. Just clean up the cuss a little bit and let that shit ride. We need a single that is not the norm. I am tired of figuring out a artist's single choices. Drop some innovative shit. Not to say this is re inventing the wheel but it's got a message so why not put it out there. He took a gamble putting out his album indie last year. That shit would have flopped and he would have not some serious heat. But I dig this shit right here. Even if he does not choose it as a single it is bangin. Cube drop another near classic and he might have to surpass Snoop as the King Of The West.
i hope you're right man
i don't buy all the hiphop is dead bullshit, but i might if cube flops ;D
hiphop ain't real if an artist like cube can't at least go gold
i agree that only do we need a single that isn't the norm, but we need it 2 blow up
this is indeed innovative, and i love the message, cube is 1 of the best "speakers" so to say for hiphop
it is bangin, at least it better be on the album
i personally think cube is the greatest of all time (who else has like 4 NON-ARGUABLE classics in there catalogue, and another 2 that are extremely arguable?) so he already the king of the west to me ;D
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2007, 07:51:23 PM »

For real.  There is far too much already.  +1 to you my dude.

Lunatic

« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2007, 07:55:01 PM »
+1 laconic
i'd prop u 2 D, but just did not 2 long ago
we needa start a petition against dubcc's rule of waiting 1 hour ;D
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

sav-man

« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2007, 09:35:18 PM »
NEW SINGLE FROM ICE CUBE NEW UPCOMING ALBUM

PRODUCED BY : Vaushaun "Maestro" Brooks

D/L: http://h1y74mno29438hj1yg8.usercash.com  8)

Cool song. Beat is slammin', and Cube's flow reminds me of how I felt when I first heard "Why We Thugs"--initially, I thought his rapping seemed "slow," but after hearing it a second and third time, it's right for this song. If Cube does use this as a single, it'd be a good choice. It's one of those kinds of songs Cube sometimes does where he doesn't rap about any one particular thing, but he throws in a number of different ideas and thoughts in the verses ("The Game Lord" was like that, too, IMHO). Now that Cube's independent, he can do pretty much anything he wants (which probably wouldn't be the case if he were on a major--at least not in today's rap world), so I'm really looking forward to how RAW FOOTAGE turns out.

PEACE!

d-nice

« Reply #66 on: November 01, 2007, 10:14:09 PM »

For real.  There is far too much already.  +1 to you my dude.

right back at cha my dude.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2007, 10:45:51 PM »
According to Maestro, everybody on the web heard the completed record even before he did.  Here is what he wrote on the XXLmag.com website:

wow…this is crazy, all of you guys heard the song before me!! good to see a pretty positive consensus…check out my myspace page for more upcoming releases.

Obviously I can't verify this right now but it wouldn't surprise me in the least considering producers typically email beats to artists nowadays.

It's true..lol. This wasn't officially suppossed to be out for another 2 weeks...  Thanks for checking out that xxlmag.com update too... a cool dude got that up.. :)
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

MR_JV

« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2007, 10:58:40 AM »
i hope the rest of the album sounds like this. i love this track  8)

westside159

« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2007, 03:39:31 PM »
I love how ICE CUBE is still serious about the music and is focused again , Laugh now cry later was a huge album and hes independent , and he wont flop , everytime he drops a album it goes Gold or Platinum , i dont see this as his first single either , its a Dope song though !!!!!!   8) 8)

I'LL CHOKE AN EAGLE , JUST TO FEED MY PEOPLE "   8) 8)  OOH HE'S BACC !!!!!!!!!!

E-L-P

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 21 & Over
« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2007, 08:18:03 PM »
Dope Shit.
My Future Wife:

wcsoldier

« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2007, 01:32:23 AM »
When is the album scheduled for ? Dope song ... Ice Cube and WC are an example to follow : legends who have nothing  to prove anymore  , go independant and make music without compromise .... I wish some other OGs would follow the same direction ...