Author Topic: Many Shows Hault Production Due To Strike By Writers Guild of America ...  (Read 636 times)

The Watcher

Re: Many Shows Hault Production Due To Strike By Writers Guild of America ...
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2007, 07:25:27 PM »
im 50/50 on this strike.. alot of writers are under paid, but alot of writers are also writing shit shows

if they are putting in the effort, networks should pony up the cash. if they're turning in shit scripts (one tree hill for example), they can stay on 50k a year
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2007, 10:40:46 PM »
well obviously 1 million for co writing eurotrip is a sick salary. what Im more interested in is what that nigga who writes prison break gets. or what those niggas who wrote "friends" got, while the actors got 1 million each per episode. but you wanna know what a really fucked up union strike is? the engine driver strike in germany. them niggas is crazy. their job is easy as hell and they want more money all the time and when they don't get it they simply don't drive anymore and people can't go to work, goods can't be transported etc, hella fucked up shit.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2007, 04:57:05 PM »
Lot of shows these days are stupid...so in a way, I could give a fuck about them.
But then again, as someone mentioned about fuck union thing, i agree...and fuck the companies.
Those companies should hire individuals..not by union type shit....
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2007, 09:14:29 AM »
well obviously 1 million for co writing eurotrip is a sick salary. what Im more interested in is what that nigga who writes prison break gets. or what those niggas who wrote "friends" got, while the actors got 1 million each per episode. but you wanna know what a really fucked up union strike is? the engine driver strike in germany. them niggas is crazy. their job is easy as hell and they want more money all the time and when they don't get it they simply don't drive anymore and people can't go to work, goods can't be transported etc, hella fucked up shit.

If you read the credits both Friends and Prison Break are mainly written and outlined by their creators (who make a huge chunk of change). From their you'll be hard pressed to find another writer that writes more than 1 episode per season. There is a reason why the union doesn't release what writers on hit shows are making for the amount of work they do; if they did the public would completely oppose them. You can behind a bunch of bus drivers pulling in 40 grande a year for 300 full days a year. You can't get behind a guy getting thousands for 1 ten page script. Hel in the struggling comic book world hit writers can make $2,200 to $4,400 per issue and since they can write 3 or 4 issues a month among different books you can end up with 6 to 10 granden a month in a market that sucks shit. If a unionless medium with terrible sales can do that what do you think TV writers get? If the writers were really that low paid you would see the numbers in the media. This is simply a ploy to get DVD prcies to rise. And I will not stand for it. Torrent sites here I come.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2007, 03:02:07 PM »
this shit is great for comic books, alot of writers that do comics and tv are often behind on their comic book work because the TV stuff is higher priority due to the money and corporate pressure involved.

due to this strike writers like Brian K Vaughn, Jeph Loeb, Joss Whedon, and Damon Lindelof will be able to catch up on their comic book stuff.

I'll link BKV's thoughts on this in a bit. he's brilliant and among my favorite writers ever.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

westcoastavengers.com

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2007, 03:53:22 PM »
this shit is great for comic books, alot of writers that do comics and tv are often behind on their comic book work because the TV stuff is higher priority due to the money and corporate pressure involved.

due to this strike writers like Brian K Vaughn, Jeph Loeb, Joss Whedon, and Damon Lindelof will be able to catch up on their comic book stuff.

I'll link BKV's thoughts on this in a bit. he's brilliant and among my favorite writers ever.

-T

Atleast something good can come of this. As TV anf film writing has gone down over the past decade or so comic book writing has gone way up, quality wise, and they don't need a stinking union.

There is one union I would support, and that is a WWE wrestlers union. Just thought I'd add that in.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2007, 01:03:26 AM »
comic book creators need a union though, they have as many financial problems as the next group of artists.

there are programs like the hero initiative which helps families of creators that died and creators that were debilitated in accidents but they aren't enough according to most industry professionals.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2007, 10:13:53 AM »
comic book creators need a union though, they have as many financial problems as the next group of artists.

there are programs like the hero initiative which helps families of creators that died and creators that were debilitated in accidents but they aren't enough according to most industry professionals.

-T

This is the creator owned era. Image started that and all those guys became rich. Come up with an idea put it on paper and sell it. A union won't do anything but raise prices and lower readership. You want a hit book you drop the price, put it out bi-weekly, and you pre plan the story so it's good and wait for it to succeed. The ones that doi will end up with movie and TV deals and you use that TV time to advertise more books. If books were coming out a 75 cents a pop every two weeks and sold on grocery store magazine racks, while being marketed right you'd see readership skyrocket, and the higher the number of people reading the higher the cost for an ad with in the book. Marvel and DC have enough money to cut back 60% of their titles and restart with a new approach and slowly rebuild. Using internet and video games as an excuse didn't stop Harry Potter and it wouldn't have stopped X-Men number 1 in the early 90s from selling 5 million copies.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2007, 12:52:11 PM »
the big names on the big books for the big companies are doing just fine.

it's creators like dave cockrum, or other older cats who put in decades of work and now that they are old and less able, have nothing to fall back on that programs like the hero initiative helps.

and it's the small creator on a small book that needs help from a union that doesn't exist.

when Bendis on New Avengers can't sell anymore, the type of overhaul that you're talking about may come into play but Bendis and New Avengers (just examples of a top ten writer/book) and those in that league of visibility are doing just fine.
-T

westcoastavengers.com

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2007, 04:04:42 PM »
Fuck unions, and fuck these writers. When's the last time a quality network show hit the air? 95% of new shows suck. AND the ratings have sucked for years. I garauntee if Networks just came out and told the public to email ideas for new shows and for storylines on current shows we'd get a better product than the crap we're dealing with now. Comedies aren't funny. Dramas are filled with stupid cliches and plot by numbers tactics and the rest is Reality TV and game shows. I hope this strike goes long enough and the Networks hire new unionless writers just to stick it to these whining fucks. Give me six figures a year to throw shit at a wall and hope it sticks and you won't here one complaint out of me.

Fuck Unions? How about Fuck Shallow that Payton Manning Cock sucking whore?

Haha...sall good
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

E-Crazy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • E-Crazy
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2007, 04:25:31 PM »
Need some New, Hot Original Content to watch during this writers strike?

www.vlaze.com

Tune in!!!

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2007, 05:47:31 PM »
Fuck unions, and fuck these writers. When's the last time a quality network show hit the air? 95% of new shows suck. AND the ratings have sucked for years. I garauntee if Networks just came out and told the public to email ideas for new shows and for storylines on current shows we'd get a better product than the crap we're dealing with now. Comedies aren't funny. Dramas are filled with stupid cliches and plot by numbers tactics and the rest is Reality TV and game shows. I hope this strike goes long enough and the Networks hire new unionless writers just to stick it to these whining fucks. Give me six figures a year to throw shit at a wall and hope it sticks and you won't here one complaint out of me.

Fuck Unions? How about Fuck Shallow that Payton Manning Cock sucking whore?

Haha...sall good

Nah, I just like the way he passes the ball. I refuse to suck the dick of anyone in a union.

Tanj; don't undersetimate the generosity of the big brands or other creators. Any creator that created something worth a damn will get a helping hand. Marvel was ready to give Cockrum a big hand before he passed. The hero initiative is great. I have no problem with people willingly donating money to people in need, but a union will cause so much damage to the industry quality wise I don't ever want to see it. You'll see artists behind on their schedules filing greivances when they get bumped from a book. Writers and artists on salary taking their sweet time. Prices go up while paper quality and coloring go down. Think about how bad network TV is right now. That's how bad it would get.

And indy creators still wouldn't get a dime. Indy publishers wouldn't be able to afford it and most would end up going under.

As for Bendis isn't selling that much. What does New Avengers pull in every month? Just over 100k? Marvel as a whole sells 3 million issues. Uncanny, Xmen, and Amazing Spridey sold more than that 15 years ago just the three of them combined. These days nearly 100 books can't do what 3 used to be able to do. The 6 or 7 Image books alone in 92 sold almost as much as the whole current industry. If Bendis sold 100k in 92 he'd be bumped off the book. The industry is already gone and needs to be revived.

lawz2760

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2007, 10:07:04 PM »
smallville will stop filming, its one of my favoirte shows

aslong as weeds, heroes and south prk is still on its all good
Do you need a credit card for internet orders? Check this out for Low Interest Credit Cards and great card offers, check out my site.

http://lawz2760.newcreditapplications.com/

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2007, 03:05:20 PM »
smallville will stop filming, its one of my favoirte shows

aslong as weeds, heroes and south prk is still on its all good

i KNOW heroes IS affected by this strike. Heroes will stop filming.

not sure about south park and weeds though

-T

westcoastavengers.com