Author Topic: Jay-Z's American Gangster more enjoyable listen after watching the flick?????  (Read 391 times)

Skeptic

• Muthafuckin' OG
I couldn't wait & from what yall were sayin it didnt really matter if u seen the flick or not plus I'll catch it when it comes out and re listen to the album.

First off I can't believe how heaps of yall think this album is weak, or maybe its cos after reading this thread I had such low expectations, but me personally i thought this album was awesome all the shit fits in well I even liked hello brooklyn wit lil wayne haha.

Yall shld listen again cos the shit is crazy, real happy wit this purchase. Jay-Z is fucking insane i cant believe he can still make an album like this after 10 years in the game!

Piffmeister2008

haven't seen the movie yet. I'll give more comment about this after watching it.

Al Bundy

It felt like I was being tortured during some of the songs,  it was so sloppy.  pathetic album.

:laugh:

Piffmeister2008

It felt like I was being tortured during some of the songs,  it was so sloppy.  pathetic album.

I hope the movie's better?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.

na dont listen to them lol. i mean this wasnt no Reasonable Doubt, dont get me wrong. But this was a solid album, definatly not this "sloppy, piece of shit" album everyone is sayin it is... ???

Al Bundy

na dont listen to them lol. i mean this wasnt no Reasonable Doubt, dont get me wrong. But this was a solid album, definatly not this "sloppy, piece of shit" album everyone is sayin it is... ???

I felt that shit sucked ass. Same with Kingdom Come. Someone tell this old geezer to retire for good.

Piffmeister2008

Ah ok, I wasn't expecting it to be "Reasonable Doubt level" either, but i guess it's worth checking out.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.

I felt that shit sucked ass. Same with Kingdom Come. Someone tell this old geezer to retire for good.

Kingdom Come did suck sum SERIOUS ass, AG was a better album by times 10. It was solid.

Al Bundy

Kingdom Come did suck sum SERIOUS ass, AG was a better album by times 10. It was solid.

I listened to the first "retail" rip of the album but I just got a 320 rip of it from my friend who bought it so i'll check it out again and make a second judgement.

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
WTF??? am I the only one that thinks American Gangster is dope album that will also go down as one of Jayz' best album in his career and easily best album of the year?

I am seriously surprised how bad so many ppl on this site thought this album was...and I'm not even a Jayz fan like that...
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

d-nice

WTF??? am I the only one that thinks American Gangster is dope album that will also go down as one of Jayz' best album in his career and easily best album of the year?

I am seriously surprised how bad so many ppl on this site thought this album was...and I'm not even a Jayz fan like that...

Nah you are not the only one. I thought it was dope also, not his best but at least he sounded hungry again after he sleep walked through most of Kingdom Come.

snopafly

• Muthafuckin' OG
 :) i think jay z always have been overrated, he make corny songs with beyonce.. But anyway i liked the black album realy dope.. American gangsta sound kind off boring, he is trying to reach out for that classic gansta 1940 ghetto style.. I like 2 or 3 songs off the album, rest off it just sound boring to special for me.. :-\

Lil D

the album is getting ALOT of hate lol, there were alot of stupid/wack songs on it tho but songs like
Pray
American Dreamin
No Hook
Fallin
Roc Boys

are classic

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!

I am completely perplexed! this is a very good album some of the production is questionable but especially lyrically, this album is top notch and those that idolise Killa Killa should not be talking down this album lol.

geezy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dogg Pound Gangsta 4 Life (west coast love).
am all about west coast music and my first listen to jay album i was like ''oh...am bored but when i listen to it again i changed my mind completely its a good album..it will go dow as one of the few jay z albums i like...right now blue print and dis top my list ..will think of the other later.

and the best album of the year for me is CHAMMILLIONAIRE!!!!.since i got it ..i never believe i can listen to a whole album from a southside rapper from top to bottom all over and over again..there's no way its not going into one of my personal classic colection and the subject matter and  what he talks about impress me a lot..props to cham.

for the record cassidy droped a good album too and i think he deserve to sell but he should make a good chioce for his single...
Right now al i need is someone from the west to drop something dope...i need it....comeon CUBE!!!!!!!!
Arsenal 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!