Author Topic: Ken Griffey Jr.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Barry Bonds  (Read 1305 times)

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
Re: Ken Griffey Jr.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Barry Bonds
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2007, 10:24:00 AM »
Bonds was clean up till 98...he was great around then...he could've retired and made the hall of fame i believe.

BUT...he decide to follow the crowd...cuz A), he has an ego B) he's a jackass

EVERYONE hated him before he took steroids
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

herpes

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2007, 11:29:27 AM »
You know whats funny about Bonds.  He started to juice because he was jealous like a woman.  Maybe thats why spice likes him so much, they both act like women.  But thats besides the point.  He juiced b/c he has a huge ego and wanted more credit.  But if Barrioid just stayed clean he could of bragged about how all his accomplishments were legit in the steroid era.  Instead he got jealous like a woman of McGwire and Sosa and followed there lead.  And he ending up shooting himself in the foot.  Now everything from 99 and on isn't acknowledged by fans.  There are even fans that wont even acknowledge what he did while he was clean.  It couldn't happen to a better person.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2007, 03:57:08 PM »
Baseball and every other sport has been on roids since the 60s. People just won't acknowledge that because then you'd have to go back to all the legends of every sport and raise questions. All the boxers of the 60s and 70s were probably juiced. The football players. It's not cheating if everyone is doing it. Does anyone really think ol' Hank never juiced really? Let the numbers tell the story. Right around the same time Aaron started to look like he might slump when he hit 24 HRs was around the same time the shit stated getting big in the bodybuilding world. Aaron then comes back with 32 and then 44 HRs. Then again when he slumped to below 30 (something very rare for him) he jumps right back with 40. In '68 he hit 29 dingers with over 600 at bats then 5 years later he hits 40 with under 400 at bats? I don't buy it. Anyone else notice that how the year after the record was his for sure his numbers fell drastically. My guess is he jumped on the juice when it looked like he was about to lose it then he tried to get off his numbers fell so he jumped back on and after the record was his he went off for good.

I don't even care. Athletes have been cheating to win since day one, and most just don't want to be left behind because of their "morals" so they take it just to keep up. Every big name athlete is on something whether its legal of illegal.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2007, 01:01:45 AM »
Baseball and every other sport has been on roids since the 60s. People just won't acknowledge that because then you'd have to go back to all the legends of every sport and raise questions. All the boxers of the 60s and 70s were probably juiced. The football players. It's not cheating if everyone is doing it. Does anyone really think ol' Hank never juiced really? Let the numbers tell the story. Right around the same time Aaron started to look like he might slump when he hit 24 HRs was around the same time the shit stated getting big in the bodybuilding world. Aaron then comes back with 32 and then 44 HRs. Then again when he slumped to below 30 (something very rare for him) he jumps right back with 40. In '68 he hit 29 dingers with over 600 at bats then 5 years later he hits 40 with under 400 at bats? I don't buy it. Anyone else notice that how the year after the record was his for sure his numbers fell drastically. My guess is he jumped on the juice when it looked like he was about to lose it then he tried to get off his numbers fell so he jumped back on and after the record was his he went off for good.

I don't even care. Athletes have been cheating to win since day one, and most just don't want to be left behind because of their "morals" so they take it just to keep up. Every big name athlete is on something whether its legal of illegal.

finally some intelligence from someone else.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2007, 11:34:52 AM »

::)

This is really really stupid.  I'm sorry but you can't paint everyone with the same brush.  I see no evidence and have no reason to believe that the great players of today like ARod, Santana or Ichiro are on steroids.  You can't just say, "well everyone is/was doing it" because there is simply zero evidence to support that statement.

herpes

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2007, 03:51:10 PM »

So two off seasons equal roids to you.  Especially a off year when he was 30 years old and in his prime.  Maybe he was playing injured that year.  If he had a couple of off seasons then his HR totals went back the norm you would have a argument.  Of if he hit more HR's at the end of his career then he did during the prime you could.  Two off seasons do not equal Roids.  Or maybe you could look at a pic of Hank Aaron  and even though he was a big guy he is still smaller then todays players.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2007, 10:53:14 PM »
Bonds -  6'2  229lbs

A-Rod  -  6'3  226lbs

LOL at the media puppets thinking A-Roid is clean
(waits for some more idiotic posts)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2007, 06:03:43 AM »
Bonds -  6'2  229lbs

A-Rod  -  6'3  226lbs

That's some compelling evidence you have there. lol

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2007, 07:09:18 AM »
Bonds -  6'2  229lbs

A-Rod  -  6'3  226lbs

Don't know if A-Rod is clean or not, but you're basing it on the fact that he is taller and lighter than Bonds?  Am I missing something here?

But lets remember - Griffey Jr. >>>Bonds.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2007, 08:11:07 AM »

::)

This is really really stupid.  I'm sorry but you can't paint everyone with the same brush.  I see no evidence and have no reason to believe that the great players of today like ARod, Santana or Ichiro are on steroids.  You can't just say, "well everyone is/was doing it" because there is simply zero evidence to support that statement.

Steroids don't just make you look huge. In fact there are ways to take it it that have little effect on size. Diego Maradona never grew like Bonds. Take a look at a lot of 80s pro wrestlers. They took the roids to look cut, but they were the same size as before. Bonds took the roids but he was also in the gym all the time. What steroids do though is make you stronger and faster. They give you this energy but more importantly they take a lot more away when you get off them. I know a guy who made it to the minor leagues a few years back. Even at the tryouts everyone was juicing, and at least 90% of the team was on the juice. A couple of his friends on other teams saw the exact same thing. He never juiced and he was sent home pretty quickly because he couldn't keep up. One of his friends wh I knew a little juiced up just to stay in the hunt. He did okay but didn't make it too far in the end. But when he came home he realized he had to stay on just to be as good as he was before. When he went off the roids his bat power fell to a level far lower than it was before the roids.

Keep in mind it wasn't a bad thing in the 60s like it is today. And in a time of spit balls and corked bats a little pick me up was an easy way to stay competetive in the MLB.

Of courswe none of this Home Run King stuff matters. Babe Ruth is, was, and always be the best home run hitter. I read that the year he hit 60 he had at least 20 pop outs near the fence at Yankee Stadium. So if they used the current measurements of the stadium all of those would have been Homeruns, making it 80 for the year.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2007, 10:56:14 AM »
Bonds -  6'2  229lbs

A-Rod  -  6'3  226lbs

Don't know if A-Rod is clean or not, but you're basing it on the fact that he is taller and lighter than Bonds?  Am I missing something here?

The point I am making is everyone says Bonds is guilty because he is so fuckin big for a baseball player and Arod is extremely comparable in size.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2007, 01:31:35 PM »
Bonds -  6'2  229lbs

A-Rod  -  6'3  226lbs

But lets remember - Griffends only evy Jr. >>>Bonds.

The point I am making is everyone says Bonds is guilty because he is so fuckin big for a baseball player and Arod is extremely comparable in size.

And most pitchers are on roids too so even if Aaron never touched the stuff and the pitchers back then never did either Bonds only evened the playing field in today's game.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2007, 01:58:13 PM »
Pitching speeds have been the same over the years.... Nolan Ryan and J.R. Richardson used to break the 100 mph mark and that was in the late 70's/early 80's. More pitchers back then used to "finish" games as oppossed to today's pitchers which are pulled after a 5 inning performance.

If pitchers are on Roids, it's not making much of a difference.
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2007, 04:19:35 PM »
Pitching speeds have been the same over the years.... Nolan Ryan and J.R. Richardson used to break the 100 mph mark and that was in the late 70's/early 80's. More pitchers back then used to "finish" games as oppossed to today's pitchers which are pulled after a 5 inning performance.

If pitchers are on Roids, it's not making much of a difference.

Top speeds for top pitchers are the same. Cy Young could throy a cyclone, hence the name, but to have so many pitchers on so many teams constantly breaking the 90s over and over for so many years says something. And steroids were around in the 70s and 80s. It hit the sports world in the 50s but no one wants to talk about about because then we'd have to look at heroes like Muhammad Ali, Micky Mantle, and Roger Maris's 61 in '61 now gets called into question. It would cast such a shadow over so many people's biggest heroes and would hurt the credibility of the game.

Let me give you a history lesson; the USSR used steroids to make sure their olympic team won a bag of medals in '52, '56, and '60. Around '58 the US, after a terrible loss to the USSR in '56, decided that the Soviets had an advantage that needed to become a US advantage. Right away it became part of the olympic training and quickly made it's way to the rest of sports. By '64 when the program was off it's feet the US came back like a rocket in the olympics and in '68 they ran right over the Soviets. So any american athlete that acheived anything after 1958 is a possible steroid user. And any olympian that won anything during the Cold War was definately on the juice. Whether that be Mike Tyson or George Foreman. They wouldn't even have had to know it but they were on it.

herpes

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2007, 04:28:34 PM »
Bonds -  6'2  229lbs

A-Rod  -  6'3  226lbs

wtf, I know plenty of people that big and they dont fuck with steroids.  I am 6'2 and 210 pounds.  I guess 10 more pounds and I used steroids ?