Author Topic: Ken Griffey Jr.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Barry Bonds  (Read 1306 times)

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Ken Griffey Jr.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Barry Bonds
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2007, 02:29:54 PM »
Hey everybody has so-called facts to back up what they believe.... you have yours ...and the weird Mooney's that were used in my example have theirs too... lol. 

There is a different between frivolous claims and facts. The US olympic and USSR doctors admitted to working with steroids. Athletes have been caught witth them in their systems. No one has seen any evidence of Jesus in Korea and no one can bring that evidence to the table. So if you're trying to convince me that the two examples equate don't bother, because they don't. If you're trying to cinvince me that there is solid evidence to support the Mooney claims then show me the evidence. If you understand the difference and are only making a joke then my bad.

It is a joke... but it's also the truth. People will believe whatever they want to believe no matter what.

However... believing that Magic Johnson and Kobe Bryant have used steroids with no proof is along the lines of the Mooney's...

But hey... believe what you wish. :)
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2007, 03:02:58 PM »
Hey everybody has so-called facts to back up what they believe.... you have yours ...and the weird Mooney's that were used in my example have theirs too... lol. 

There is a different between frivolous claims and facts. The US olympic and USSR doctors admitted to working with steroids. Athletes have been caught witth them in their systems. No one has seen any evidence of Jesus in Korea and no one can bring that evidence to the table. So if you're trying to convince me that the two examples equate don't bother, because they don't. If you're trying to cinvince me that there is solid evidence to support the Mooney claims then show me the evidence. If you understand the difference and are only making a joke then my bad.

It is a joke... but it's also the truth. People will believe whatever they want to believe no matter what.

However... believing that Magic Johnson and Kobe Bryant have used steroids with no proof is along the lines of the Mooney's...

But hey... believe what you wish. :)

But it's not the same. One is a case of pure fantasy. The other is a case of two guys nearing 7' with arms thicker than the average 5'11'' athletic man playing in a world of sports that is cut throat and unforgiving where the threat of losing a step to a lesser player on an advantage is enough to make you want to take that advantage away. Magic would play inside from time to time he'd also have to run back and forth and gaurd in the same game. He is more talented than anyone gaurding him but the guy not as good as Magic wants the advantage. He takes a pick me up to make sure he never gets tired while sprinnting up and down the court and bumping up against Magic. Magic doesn't like how this guy is somehow stronger and faster than he's ever been and he hears why. Magic fears that losing is now a possibility and that wouldn't be fair so Magic takes the same pick me up to ensure that it is fair.

Did any of this ever happen? Maybe not, but to compare it to Jesus Christ coming back and leading Korea of all places is absurd. My theory can easily happen to any great player in the league. Hell the coaches may have the idea and give the player the juice with out telling them, but the The Word and Light of God returning to Earth in order to lead Korea doesn't hold the same logic.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2007, 03:06:52 PM »
Sure it does.... it's a case of mixing facts with and unfounded beliefs. Can yours be more realistic? Certainly.... But is it an unfounded belief based on an asumption? Yes... therefore I will put your belief one tier ahead of the Mooney's...  only slightly though...   :)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2007, 03:12:59 PM »
Sure it does.... it's a case of mixing facts with and unfounded beliefs. Can yours be more realistic? Certainly.... But is it an unfounded belief based on an asumption? Yes... therefore I will put your belief one tier ahead of the Mooney's...  only slightly though...   :)

The fact that the NBA tests for drugs makes it very founded, particularly in the 80s when they weren't testing like they do now. For them to bring in the policy and program they brought in means something was going on in house and they didn't want it getting out. When Korea as a nation starts yearly testing to see if the new Christ has been born then they'll be in the same stratoshpere. Until then, mine is assumption based on very solid evidence. If no one in the NBA took roids then the NBA would just say it's not a problem here, never was and we don't need to test. The PGA seems to give off that message. But they test and they test often in the NBA. Thinking it wasn't part of the game at least at one time is a bit naive, just based on how they handle it.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2007, 03:16:53 PM »
We are talking of you linking Magic and Kobe to roids.... show me your proof and I will not call your belief unfounded. :)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2007, 04:18:41 PM »
We are talking of you linking Magic and Kobe to roids.... show me your proof and I will not call your belief unfounded. :)

Kobe and Magic we're only mentioned to piss off NIK as a joke. I'm talking about linking all NBA players with large muscular frames on 6'10'' bodies to steroids, and I'm using the fact that the NBA tests everyone a few times a year as evidence that it at least was a problem in the past. I can't give you proof of it. I can't give you proof that the reason we don't fall off the earth is because a magnetic pulling force called gravity is the reason. I don't know for sure that it's not a outer pushing force from space keeping us grounded in some complicated way. But the evidence leads me to believe it's gravity. I can't give you proof.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2007, 04:38:10 PM »
Ok.. I only jumped in on your argument "because" of the Kobe/Magic statement. Since it's just an admitted joke, then I shall move on. 

And also the pitchers discussion... but that's already been discussed.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2007, 04:45:52 PM »
Ok.. I only jumped in on your argument "because" of the Kobe/Magic statement. Since it's just an admitted joke, then I shall move on. 

And also the pitchers discussion... but that's already been discussed.

Still working on that pitching stat number. And dont tell me that line I gave NIK about Magic and Kobe being the ones on it while Nash and Shaq would never touch it was seen as being serious by you?

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2007, 05:44:15 PM »
Who knew really? I've encountered many types of people over the Net.... with many strange ways of thinking.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2007, 06:00:26 PM »
Who knew really? I've encountered many types of people over the Net.... with many strange ways of thinking.

And you did know of NIK's constant over praise of Kobe and Magic and how he'd take such offense at the usual names such as Shaq, Duncan, Nash Jordan, Bird being brought up by others as being better than his faves?

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2007, 06:01:58 PM »
I don't know folks here.... except for Baby G aka Gangstaboogy... Most of my posting goes on in the Hip Hop sections. I just pretty much started up in these sections.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #71 on: December 05, 2007, 09:42:32 PM »
No basketball players use or have used steroids...Get over it. You need a lot more durability in basketball. Name me 3 players who you think have benefited in the NBA from the use of steroids with something to back it up. You can't do it...PeACe

Three players "I think" that "have benefiited"? What's the point? You'll just shoot it down. If it's not a problem and it doesn't help you in basketball ten why do they test it? Why was Juan Dixon questioned in the steroid meetings by congress. Why wouldn't they release exactly what Chris Anderson and Stanley Roberts tested positive for when they got kicked out? No one believed it was a huge problem in 80s baseball. They dismissed Canseco's claims that over 80% of the league juiced up. Now everyone just asumes they are all on it. The MLB was trying to protect it's name. The word steroid has a terrible effect on public opinion. The other leagues don't want that attention.

P.S. Durability and muscles go hand in hand. Steroids aren't just for becoming huge. Was Ben Jonson really that much thicker than Charles Oakley or most NBA players. Keep in mind how much taller a guy like David Robinson is. The stretched mucle isn't as wide. Bret Hart used steroids in wrestling. Was he really that huge when compared to huge guys? I might be wrong, but I'm not far fetched.

Juan Dixon? You've got to be fuckin kidding me...dude is 6'3" and 165 lbs and has no power at all. Come on, now. Chris Andersen was a known stoner. Charles Oakley was always a big dude with a wide bone structure...You really have nothing. I don't know if it's really as bad in baseball as you make it seem, so I can't comment on that. But I know for sure that steroids are not used in basketball, and if it has, it's extremely uncommon and no one knows about it...especially not you...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2007, 09:45:11 PM »

The fact that the NBA tests for drugs makes it very founded, particularly in the 80s when they weren't testing like they do now. For them to bring in the policy and program they brought in means something was going on in house and they didn't want it getting out. When Korea as a nation starts yearly testing to see if the new Christ has been born then they'll be in the same stratoshpere. Until then, mine is assumption based on very solid evidence. If no one in the NBA took roids then the NBA would just say it's not a problem here, never was and we don't need to test. The PGA seems to give off that message. But they test and they test often in the NBA. Thinking it wasn't part of the game at least at one time is a bit naive, just based on how they handle it.

The NBA doesn't have regular testing for steroids... It is a common thought among NBA heads that steroids would hamper a ballers overall performance. That's why no ones ever been caught in the sport of basketball, college or professional.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 10:01:20 PM by Now_I_Know »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2007, 09:51:09 PM »

And you did know of NIK's constant over praise of Kobe and Magic and how he'd take such offense at the usual names such as Shaq, Duncan, Nash Jordan, Bird being brought up by others as being better than his faves?

over praise doesn't go in the same sentence with Magic and Kobe...PeACe

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2007, 10:00:31 PM »

The NBA doesn't test for steroids...You lost. It is a common thought among NBA heads that steroids would hamper a ballers overall performance. That's why no ones ever been caught in the sport of basketball, college or professional.

So they don't test for it and no one has been caught with it. How would they get caught if they aren't tested? Do you see how the concept of logic escapes you? They do test for it. They have since the late 90s. It's common knowledge to anyone that reads the sports pages.