Author Topic: Reading books?  (Read 898 times)

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Reading books?
« on: December 07, 2007, 08:31:47 PM »
When you guys read books, say if you have three new book; do you like to start all of them at the same time, you know like read one one day then one another day, or you like to read one-finish with that one, then start another one?

swangin and bangin

Re: Reading books?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 08:51:02 PM »
man i aint got time to read

i'll be happy to get through my ESPN mag

Westcoastin'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Revenge is the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 09:08:54 PM »
i read my textbooks all at the same time?

when I work in the summer I read on the bus on the way home, one after the other i guess
been rockin' longer than niggas twice my age
back in the days before Bob Marley was rockin' a fade
before Honest Abe signed the paper that freed slaves
before Neanderthals was drawing on walls in caves
I existed, in the garden of Eden gettin' lifted
stickin' dick to Eve before she was Adam's mistress
before Christ created Christmas, I been in lyrical fitness
the Canibus is spittin' til' he's spitless - Canibus

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 10:49:49 PM »
One at a time. 

BOSSSS

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 11:20:04 PM »
I AINT GOT TIME 2 READ, TOO MUCH $$$$

Crockett

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Smile Boys Were About To Retire
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 11:35:16 PM »
one at a time

any one read redemption

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 01:42:26 AM »
One at a time, man.  And thank         that people still read at all.

Elevz

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2007, 08:39:35 AM »
Some fiction, some philosophy, some sociology or psychology - I read it all simultaneously. I'm in the middle of three books, three (news and background) magazines and four pieces of course lecture at the moment.

AboveTheLaw

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2007, 12:12:01 PM »
When you guys read books, say if you have three new book; do you like to start all of them at the same time, you know like read one one day then one another day, or you like to read one-finish with that one, then start another one?

Depends, I usually finish the shortest ones first. But if they're all on the same topic I read them all at once. Audio books are the shit though!

Westcoastin'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Revenge is the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2007, 10:08:41 PM »
anyone else read the Foundation series?  that was a good set of books, i read them this summer
been rockin' longer than niggas twice my age
back in the days before Bob Marley was rockin' a fade
before Honest Abe signed the paper that freed slaves
before Neanderthals was drawing on walls in caves
I existed, in the garden of Eden gettin' lifted
stickin' dick to Eve before she was Adam's mistress
before Christ created Christmas, I been in lyrical fitness
the Canibus is spittin' til' he's spitless - Canibus

Crockett

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2007, 10:15:29 PM »

Depends, I usually finish the shortest ones first. But if they're all on the same topic I read them all at once. Audio books are the shit though!

audio books are really good fall asleep most the dam time

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2007, 10:33:03 PM »
No doubt I was just wondering because lately I been buying books like crazy and download e books. Then I was like damn it would tkae me for ever to finish all of them if i read one at a time because I like to truly soak up everything in a book I. Guess I will try to start couple at a time.

Crockett

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2007, 10:54:12 PM »
No doubt I was just wondering because lately I been buying books like crazy and download e books. Then I was like damn it would tkae me for ever to finish all of them if i read one at a time because I like to truly soak up everything in a book I. Guess I will try to start couple at a time.

no man 1 at time....
i started buying mad books u need to do one at a time
put it this way, a book is like a film so y would u watch 2 films at once... read one, then start another, one of my fave books is Rum punch or as it is now called Jackie Brown jsut like the film but a lot better and more action

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2007, 10:56:19 PM »

no man 1 at time....
put it this way, a book is like a film so y would u watch 2 films at once... read one, then start another, one of my fave books is Rum punch or as it is now called Jackie Brown jsut like the film but a lot better and more action
LOL actually thats a good way of putting it. watching two films at a time would be stupid

Elevz

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2007, 03:36:06 AM »

no man 1 at time....
LOL actually thats a good way of putting it. watching two films at a time would be stupid

Pausing a film, watching some in three days and then watching the rest next week is stupid as well. That's the nature of books - most of the times they're too long to read all the way through at once. That's why I just read whatever fits my mood at that time, picking up something else the next time I read.