Author Topic: Appreciation Thread For QD3 Movies... perserving hip-hop culture!  (Read 97 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Too many of the products these days are packaged for mainstream consumption, but QD3 stays true and offers video's that hard-core hip-hop heads can appreciate.  They are very detailed and made with the knowledge of the roots of hip-hop culture and working to perserve its authenticity.  So I give major props to QD3 and we should all support what they are doing by purchasing their video's and visiting the website.

Its rare these days to find companies that are still working to pereserve hip-hop as a movement and artform, and covering hip-hop on a deeper level.

I haven't gotten around to seeing all their movies yet, but as soon as I get some money I'm gonna check out all the rest I haven't seen.

Their "16 bars" video was excellent.  It went deeper into the art of writing and flowing over a track, it also went into freestylin and the various aspects of what goes into an artists thought process in making music.

"Thug Angel", excellent 2pac video.  Realize that QD3 is Quincy Jones son, and 2pac had planned to marry Quincy Jones daughter, so they had an inside connection to 2pac.  Also, they had exclusive interviews from prison and they showed 2pac's multi-personalities from sensitive to ruthless.

They have some movie about the birth of hip-hop and its earliest days that I want to see, and another movie devoted entirely to one of the 4 elements of hip-hop that is underappreciated and that is graffiti writing. 

Their top selling set of video's was the "Beef" series, which I intend to see later.

Props to QD3 for representin true hip-hop.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Appreciation Thread For QD3 Movies... perserving hip-hop culture!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 07:17:14 AM »
There is only one culture worth preserving and that is Islam and the great arabs that gave it to use. Any other culture is worthless and should be dismissed.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 10:50:30 AM »
There is only one culture worth preserving and that is Islam and the great arabs that gave it to use. Any other culture is worthless and should be dismissed.

African culture is the most vibrant culture on Earth.  I find it to be much more compelling than Arab culture or any other culture for that matter.

As far as religion Islam is the strongest religion that is out there.

So if someone wants the best of both worlds I recommend they go to West Africa where everyone is Muslim and practices Islam but they've still perserved their rich African culture.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 11:07:40 AM »
Letter to the President is the best one ive seen by him, about the politics of hip hop and the black community.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 11:27:11 AM »

African culture is the most vibrant culture on Earth.  I find it to be much more compelling than Arab culture or any other culture for that matter.

As far as religion Islam is the strongest religion that is out there.

So if someone wants the best of both worlds I recommend they go to West Africa where everyone is Muslim and practices Islam but they've still perserved their rich African culture.

Yeah but with out the beautiful arabic language none of that would exist.

Narrator

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 12:23:27 PM »
I really liked the first two "Beef" DVDs.  I haven't seen the third, or anything else he's done so far, but I do respect what QD3 has done with those films.

Is that why North African Arabs seem to have so much contempt for black Africans?  They were some of the biggest slave-traders at one point, you know.