Author Topic: Football mourns another lost life; Motherwell captain O'Donnell dies  (Read 999 times)

TheDeli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Football mourns another lost life; Motherwell captain O'Donnell dies
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2008, 08:00:35 AM »
Nice touch. Did all the premiership games have one? I also like this minutes applause idea.

yeah all premiership teams.

the majority appeared to do a mins applause but at the arsenal game they did a min silence.

I think that a minutes silence is a more respectful option in some cases.

When its for a tragedy such as terrorist attacks, 'acts of god' and to remember the past, or like this case the death of a young man then a silence gives time to respect as the chance has been taken to achieve more

An applause for someone who has achieved all that he can in their career seems more respectful IMO

A minutes applause seems to be getting used more due to fans being unable to show respect by staying silent for a minute.

However as long as they are done for the right thing, that is to remember why they are being done is the main thing

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2008, 02:01:21 PM »
Nice touch. Did all the premiership games have one? I also like this minutes applause idea.

the majority appeared to do a mins applause but at the arsenal game they did a min silence.

When its for a tragedy such as terrorist attacks, 'acts of god' and to remember the past, or like this case the death of a young man then a silence gives time to respect as the chance has been taken to achieve more

An applause for someone who has achieved all that he can in their career seems more respectful IMO

A minutes applause seems to be getting used more due to fans being unable to show respect by staying silent for a minute.

However as long as they are done for the right thing, that is to remember why they are being done is the main thing

Celtic have certainly done it in the past. But I think Ranger's bigots would have been shown up had the January 2nd Celtic Rangers match gone ahead.

You should see the amount of filth I've seen degrading Phil O'Donnell. Not just insults at him because of his Celtic past but accusations that Celtic are running scared and that Gordon Strachan has "seen an opporuntunity" and used the death to "escape" Rangers.

An disgrace!
NO MORE WAR

bez

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2008, 04:25:07 PM »
R.I.P mate.

TheDeli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2008, 09:11:31 AM »

Celtic have certainly done it in the past. But I think Ranger's bigots would have been shown up had the January 2nd Celtic Rangers match gone ahead.

You should see the amount of filth I've seen degrading Phil O'Donnell. Not just insults at him because of his Celtic past but accusations that Celtic are running scared and that Gordon Strachan has "seen an opporuntunity" and used the death to "escape" Rangers.

An disgrace!

Don't think that you should be speaking about a club disrespecting silences, when I believe that you know I can provide many examples of silences being disrespected by a certain club

IMO this thread is not where we should be discussing clubs fans and how someone thinks that another group of fans would have behaved during a silence in a game that never took place

I personally don't know any fan that has said anything regarding the untimely death of Phil O'Donnell.

However I do know a number of fans (not only Rangers) who have questioned the need for the Old Firm game to have been postponed

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2008, 06:03:58 PM »
NO MORE WAR

swangin and bangin

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2008, 07:33:36 PM »
i dont watch soccer or know who he is but
RIP

TheDeli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2008, 04:55:45 AM »

Your point?

A statement that is open to much interpretation and we can guess how you interpret it - what about the banner that Rangers fans unveiled to Alan Stubbs when he was overcoming his illness how did you interpret that one?

There was a moment of reflection at Ibrox yesterday for Phil O'Donnell and it was handled exceptionally well and the proper respect was shown

You want to speak of being disrespectful?

Even your owner at the time had to tell your fans to be quiet for a silence because your fans could not show the correct decorum and respect when it was required

bez

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2008, 06:47:11 AM »
Any noise during any minutes silence is a disgrace. Them fans should be ashamed of themselves and if I had it my way I would have spotters in the crowd, have them removed from the ground, and banned for a number of years. This is football. A man died playing the game we all love. The least thing we can do is show the man a bit of fucking respect.

I hate Steven Gerrard with a passion, thats because he plays for Liverpool and I support Everton. If the man died on the field today and I was at Goodison during the minutes silence, I would not speak, boo, or anything disrespectful to him, his family and football as a whole. I would spend a minute thinking of the guy.

Disgrace!

Paul

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2008, 07:36:59 AM »
RIP

such a shame, i met the guy a couple of seasons back, big family man and a great footballer
funkyfreshintheflesh

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2008, 04:55:55 PM »

Your point?

I think you know my point, that question is silly.

If you had actually read my original post before replying you would know exactly what I'm talking about.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 05:16:16 PM by American Gangster™ »
NO MORE WAR

TheDeli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2008, 08:33:55 AM »

Your point?

I think you know my point, that question is silly.

If you had actually read my original post before replying you would know exactly what I'm talking about.

I did read your post

But as I said that statement is open to interpretation - I also said that the proper respect was shown to Phil O'Donnell by the Rangers fans with the applause as requested by the SPL

However it appears that you haven't noticed this either