Author Topic: Snoop Dogg Aims For The Stars: Madonna,Bono,Mick Jagger On His Collabo Wish List  (Read 928 times)

Lazar

Never feel "Vato" that much and "Thatīs That Shit" was good, but there was way better tracks on BCT than the singles IMO

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
how Vato and That's that shit are wack ? .. this album will be up there as Snoop worst lps i.e Da Game and RNG ..  4, 5 good tracks and that's all ..

so u heard the whole record riight? with what u just said im sure u heard the whole thing

Lunatic

how Vato and That's that shit are wack ? .. this album will be up there as Snoop worst lps i.e Da Game and RNG ..  4, 5 good tracks and that's all ..
no snoop album will ever be as trashy as Da game. wow at how wack that was :-\
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

wcsoldier

how Vato and That's that shit are wack ? .. this album will be up there as Snoop worst lps i.e Da Game and RNG ..  4, 5 good tracks and that's all ..

so u heard the whole record riight? with what u just said im sure u heard the whole thing
I don't need to heard the whole record .. I read Snoop comments about the direction , the features ect.. I'm a huge Snoop fan but I ain't buying that "Snoop is trying something different" thing .. Outkast is dope at making non rap tracks  whereas it sounds like a poor crossover attempt when it's Snoop .. as I said before innovative doesn't equal quality ..

wcsoldier

how Vato and That's that shit are wack ? .. this album will be up there as Snoop worst lps i.e Da Game and RNG ..  4, 5 good tracks and that's all ..
worst effort by a rap superstar .. only Encore can pretend to be worse

Lazar

Yeah, thank god that Snoopīs time on No Limit is over even when "Tha Last Meal" was dope

Lazar

innovative doesn't equal quality

I totally agree with you in this point but the thing is that Snoop is one of the less westcoast artists who isn't stuck in the 90s and the fact that he get a lot of hate for his "new sound" just show that a lot of westcoast fans are still not ready to grown on some new shit. Iīm sure too that ET is not gonna be a classic, but Iīm still think that we get a good album with some nice joints on it. So sit back and drink some tea until the shit drops  ;D

wcsoldier

^^^^ In no way I would hate on a "new sound" ... I ain't hating on Snoop wanna do a different album , more rnb -pop oriented .. but why doesn't he work with some underrated artists or less popular .. why still having who's hot right now on your album i.e Timberlake, Pharell, Akon .. 

Lazar

I donīt say that YOU are hating on his new shit, just feel that a lot of other westcoast fans hating on WC artists who try something new ;) And about that he is working with popular producers: well Snoop got the money. But I feel you, donīt like it too that he always got the same producers on his albums so Iīm looking forward to the Quik and Teddy Riley joints on ET

Snoopafly-1986

Snoop is going for the sales with this one

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I'm not looking forward to this record at all... Snoop's one of my all time favourites but everything about this record so far just doesn't sound good to me.

Fresco

• Muthafuckin' Double OG

Yeah, thank god that Snoopīs time on No Limit is over even when "Tha Last Meal" was dope

Don't you think that Top Dogg was dope? Because I do! It's even one of his best albums in my opinion.

IMO Da Game is underated, it's not trash for a rap album at all, if you listen to this cd with a fresh ear you will be pleasantly surprised; there is some great songs such as Gin & Juice II, and the interlude track 17 (one of the smoothest beats ever, Snoop kills the talkbox, it's a shame that it's so short) just to name a few.

Regarding Ego Trippin I am simply waiting, I trust Snoop, Quik and Teddy Riley, you know, if it sounds good I cop it, if not I don't.

Si-Chiggedy

As I always said, EVERY Snoop album is different. You never heard two Snoop solo records that sound the same. His worst album for me was "R&G" and even on this one I got a lot of tracks that please me, I even like the poppy songs like "Perfect" and "Signs" they are catchy and got a vibe, I'm not against Neptune's production. But the record as a whole is not my style, too many songs in between that disturb the vibe. And after that, he came in with TBCT and it was totally different, he did something for his "older" fans, the features are the shit, I mean Eiht, Fonzarelli, Kurupt, Westurn Union, Dre, Nate etc. and now he goes a more poppy route again. As long as the music creates a vibe to me I will appreciate it. "Sexual Eruption" is so hated in here, but I like it. But still, I want him to record the live-version with Snoopadelics, Quik and Cat, somebody tell him that. Whassup Nima?  ;)
The only thang I don't understand right now, is why he says "I do this whole record on my own" like 2563463945353678 times and then having features on it, that's wack. And then having Nelly on it, one of my most hated "rappers". Maybe he will destroy a possibly dope song for me. Pharrell and Charlie Wilson on one track is dope, I really felt "Perfect" and "Beautiful" but Nelly is gay, sorry  ;D
Just don't hate everyday all day on shit you didn't even heard. Just wait until shit drops (no homo) and then have an opinion. I hate that attitude to foredoom new shit and bein stuck in that G-Funk sound. If you wanna listen to G-Funk, then buy all the G-Funk records you haven't heard, there are so many from the 90's. But don't expect Snoop makin G-Funk or shit like that today. He didn't do it in the last 10 years, he won't do it now. If you can't accept that just don't listen to Snoop Dogg, period. He always had dope songs on his records, even on those that you call "wack", to me only "R&G" is somehow wack as a whole.

And btw "Da Game..." is way too underated. OK, I understand some people don't like No Limit sound but I like it. If you like the other No Limit shit from this era you must like this album. It's so funny to hear Snoop with those beats and features. I just feel entertained when I listen to it. I don't see it as a serious record like "Top Dogg" was.

So that's what I wanted to express right now.
Peace
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

WestCoasta

Can´t you wait until the album drops before you say it´s gonna be shit? I mean, look at Snoop´s last records. He always drops the shitty tracks as singles, so wait until you hear the whole record before you say it´s suck

he did the same thing with the last album

hyped it up with a few spots and then it turned to shit.... got Stevie Wonder and all that bullshit

BCT was THE WORST Snoop album.... only about 5 good songs.... the rest was fillers, I'm glad I never bought that crap

and now this year "oh Quik is on it blah blah" got me all hyped then he gotta start impressing white people with Madonna and U2

I like Snoop but he's just such a kiss ass phony, I don't know who he's fooling here

I assume he's talking about his NEXT album with these spots, but either way, he's turned very lame

I don't have my hopes up anymore but I want at least 3-4 good songs on his new one... I know there's gonna be a ton of shit, seeing Sensual Seduction

shit is just stupid
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 04:13:54 PM by west coa$t »

PLANT

I hope theres some good tracks on the new album, but not sure at all what to expect.