Author Topic: What was your favorite sport growing up and has it changed?  (Read 940 times)

SGV

Re: What was your favorite sport growing up and has it changed?
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2008, 02:15:09 AM »
And to me and so many others a bandwagon fan is someone who all of a sudden becomes a fan of a team that's doing good at the current time. But, of course, you'll never realize that you were wrong.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2008, 02:27:58 AM »
So a team as a whole has to do good to jump on their bandwagon? if one player is enough reason for you to jump boats, that doesn't make it any less bandwagon. like I said, you just chose a shitty wagon, that's all.

SGV

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2008, 02:58:00 AM »
So a team as a whole has to do good to jump on their bandwagon? if one player is enough reason for you to jump boats, that doesn't make it any less bandwagon. like I said, you just chose a shitty wagon, that's all.

Uh... Well... Yeah. The point of jumping on a bandwagon is to be apart of what's popular or successful.

I used to be a big fan of West Coast Hip Hop. I thought there was nothing better. But, much like with Sports, when you grow up, your tastes tend to grow. I discover new things and new teams and my focus begins to shift. Doesn't mean I'm bandwagoning, means I like something new. Once I lose interest in something, I'm not going to sit there and force myself to like it. I move on. You should try it one day. Again, you're still wrong.

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2008, 03:06:38 AM »
As a lil kid :

1. Football (Soccer) - Manchester United
2. Ice Hockey
3. Basketball
4. American Football

NOW :

1. Football (Soccer) - Manchester United
2. Basketball
3. Ice Hockey

I have lost interest to american football and Ice Hockey is also losing it's interest, basketball has stayed the same for me so it's now number two on my list...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2008, 03:12:43 AM »

Uh... Well... Yeah. The point of jumping on a bandwagon is to be apart of what's popular or successful.

I used to be a big fan of West Coast Hip Hop. I thought there was nothing better. But, much like with Sports, when you grow up, your tastes tend to grow. I discover new things and new teams and my focus begins to shift. Doesn't mean I'm bandwagoning, means I like something new. Once I lose interest in something, I'm not going to sit there and force myself to like it. I move on. You should try it one day. Again, you're still wrong.

LOL@comparing rooting for a team to the type of music you listen to. I should try switching teams? Thanks, but no thanks.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2008, 04:23:52 AM »
how do you guys jump from team to team ?

Word

kemizt

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2008, 06:29:25 AM »
how do you guys jump from team to team ?

Word

well...like if you don't have a team that you passionately cheer for, then, in my opinion, it's okay to jump from team to team ( like I have with nhl and nba teams)....but in football, I have always been a MAN United fan and that won't ever change  8) and if in that situation you change a team that you cheer for, then you really havent' been a true fan...
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 06:31:45 AM by Lil White Azz »

thisoneguy360

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2008, 08:33:12 AM »
Baseball was really the only sport I grew up watching a lot, I always liked watching basketball too but didn't start following it closely until I was older, same with Football

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2008, 08:48:37 AM »

LOL@comparing rooting for a team to the type of music you listen to. I should try switching teams? Thanks, but no thanks.

But Teams change. I was a big Bills fan growing up. I loved te no huddle fast play explosive offense and quick push pass defense. I was a huge Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Bruce Smith  Phil Hansen, Andre Reed, Don Beebe, and Cornelius Bennet fan. When they all left I stuck around for a bit to see what Flutie could do but when they benched him they became a completely different team. I wanted my old Bills back and I found them in Indianapolis. Bill Polian the GM of the Bills back in the day went to Indy and rebuilt a similar team. A no huddle QB that calls the plays on the field, a strong and fast RB, a quick slot WR, a great deep WR etc. Kelly, Thomas, Smith, Hansen, Reed, Beebe and Bennet became Manning, James, Freeney, Mathis, Harrison, Stokely/Clark, and Sanders.

What do I owe to the city of Buffalo? I'm not from there. And the city I am from, Toronto, will never get a cheer from me for any sports team. I've always rooted against TO teams.

SGV

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2008, 08:55:40 AM »

LMAO @ You unable to read. I brought up the fact that my tastes change as I grow, hence why I would like something different in Sports, in Music, in Movies whatever the case maybe.

Please read below NIK.

But Teams change. I was a big Bills fan growing up. I loved te no huddle fast play explosive offense and quick push pass defense. I was a huge Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Bruce Smith  Phil Hansen, Andre Reed, Don Beebe, and Cornelius Bennet fan. When they all left I stuck around for a bit to see what Flutie could do but when they benched him they became a completely different team. I wanted my old Bills back and I found them in Indianapolis. Bill Polian the GM of the Bills back in the day went to Indy and rebuilt a similar team. A no huddle QB that calls the plays on the field, a strong and fast RB, a quick slot WR, a great deep WR etc. Kelly, Thomas, Smith, Hansen, Reed, Beebe and Bennet became Manning, James, Freeney, Mathis, Harrison, Stokely/Clark, and Sanders.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2008, 10:41:11 AM »
Younger:

1. Wrestling
2. Basebal - Jays
3. Hockey - Leafs

Now:

1. Basketball - Raptors & Pistons
2. Wrestling
3. Hockey - Leafs & Sharks; Baseball - Jays & Yankees

don't watch hockey and baseball too much anymore; i do check it here & there though, check standings and watch during the playoffs.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2008, 12:45:04 PM »

What do I owe to the city of Buffalo? I'm not from there. And the city I am from, Toronto, will never get a cheer from me for any sports team. I've always rooted against TO teams.

I guess you guys have a different interpretation of what being a fan is than I do...I think most would agree that hopping teams doesn't make you such a good fan. Do you consider yourself loyal to your teams? Cuz where I'm from, that's an important part of being a fan...PeACe

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2008, 01:03:49 PM »

I guess you guys have a different interpretation of what being a fan is than I do...I think most would agree that hopping teams doesn't make you such a good fan. Do you consider yourself loyal to your teams? Cuz where I'm from, that's an important part of being a fan...PeACe

So if Kobe and your favourite Lakers all jumped ship to a new city and the current Lakers made no effort to build a competitive team you wouldn't even dream of cheering for Kobe and the boys when they come to town? I'm a fan of the sport and the athletes I like, not a fan of a bunch of asshole fat cat white guys who own a team in my city because daddy left them a bundle in the will. The point is I cannot support a team I don't agree with. If I don't like the style of play I don't support it. I'm Canadian and grew up in Canada but every time over the past 2 decades (not so much lately because I don't watch much anymore) when Team Canada played Team Russia or USSR I cheered for the Soviets. I have no ties to Russia. I hate communism but they played a style of game I preferred and I wanted that style of play to win out in the end. I don't like Canadian Hockey as much and I never will. I was a big Red Wings fan in the 90s because of that, and I never cheered for the Leafs over the Wings. But if the Wings had traded away all their Soviet players and and went a hard edged rough and tough checking team I'd drop them in a second.

I treat sports like poltics. I'll vote Conservative if the party really is conservative, not because they call themselves the conservative party. If they don't have the policies I like I'll find a party that does. I won't stick with it out of loyalty.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2008, 07:02:45 PM »

So if Kobe and your favourite Lakers all jumped ship to a new city and the current Lakers made no effort to build a competitive team you wouldn't even dream of cheering for Kobe and the boys when they come to town?

Nope...Die hard Laker fan since birth, and it's gunna stay that way for life. Too much pride to turn my back on my team.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2008, 02:03:37 PM »

So if Kobe and your favourite Lakers all jumped ship to a new city and the current Lakers made no effort to build a competitive team you wouldn't even dream of cheering for Kobe and the boys when they come to town?

Nope...Die hard Laker fan since birth, and it's gunna stay that way for life. Too much pride to turn my back on my team.

1) I don't believe you.

2) I don't support home teams because they aren't home teams. If pro athletes had to play from the towns they were from and all the Toronto teams had Toronto players I'd understand loyalty I'd even root for them just because they are from where I am from. But only so much.

I don't understand the idea of supprting a team just because you were born in the city they play in. You wold have to draw the line somewhere right? If the Lakers were bought by a white supremist and had a team of only aryan players and dedicated every win to White Power surely you'd catch a Clipper game or two. Right?