Author Topic: get your asses to best buy NOW!  (Read 982 times)

SGV

Re: get your asses to best buy NOW!
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2008, 01:29:44 AM »
yeah I'm feeling what trauma and SGV are BOTH saying . but here's why i did what i did.

1. i still had the 32" i had in Jr high....i could get a regular TV, but like sgv said, after seeing shit in HD and being the sports fan i am, it's something to aspire to have.

2. i was already in the market for an hd TV, i was going to get a 37 or something , but when i saw you could get a free blu ray and 10 free blu ray dvd's i really couldn't pass that up, might as well spend 3 g's now than spread it out over months/years.

3. these past 5 years all I've been doing is giving and buying for others. it was time to take care of MEEEEE.lol as greedy as that sounds it was a necessary for my sanity.

Yeah... 3 G's really isn't that bad for that TV when you think about, plus the deal you're getting with the Blu Ray shit makes it worth it. I gotta find a place to put that TV though.

Do you mount yours on the wall or on a stand that's on the ground?

We Fly High

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2008, 03:16:04 AM »
I went from never watching tv at all during my high school years, to buying a 51" sony hdtv in college and becoming straight couch potato.. after college i had to sell the tv cos it was too goddamn big, and i downgraded to a 20" sony tube (which still has great picture), and then down to a 15" lcd sharp aquos..
and then it just started becoming kinda ridiculous, so i had to boss up and get the 40" 1080p sony. The 15" screen was like a 1/10 of the size of the 51" screen.. so I couldn't take it anymore.

but HDTV is the motherfuckin shit. i still havent bought hdmi cables, im still runnin components... but its great regardless.. still need a bluray though.

MY OLD SET UP

MY NEW AND IMPROVED SET UP
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 03:19:54 AM by We Fly High »

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2008, 05:33:20 AM »
yea sports games in hd are pretty ridiculous, esp on a 50 inch, but i figure in like 10 years, when ill actually have real money to buy a top of the line tv, it will be on other level

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2008, 05:30:29 PM »
yeah I'm feeling what trauma and SGV are BOTH saying . but here's why i did what i did.

1. i still had the 32" i had in Jr high....i could get a regular TV, but like sgv said, after seeing shit in HD and being the sports fan i am, it's something to aspire to have.

2. i was already in the market for an hd TV, i was going to get a 37 or something , but when i saw you could get a free blu ray and 10 free blu ray dvd's i really couldn't pass that up, might as well spend 3 g's now than spread it out over months/years.

3. these past 5 years all I've been doing is giving and buying for others. it was time to take care of MEEEEE.lol as greedy as that sounds it was a necessary for my sanity.

Yeah... 3 G's really isn't that bad for that TV when you think about, plus the deal you're getting with the Blu Ray shit makes it worth it. I gotta find a place to put that TV though.

Do you mount yours on the wall or on a stand that's on the ground?

mine came with a stand, which is good because i didn't have enough for the mount. plus where the studs in the wall are it wouldn't look good.

i took a picture. i'll post it when i get out of school tonight....shit is cleeeeeeeeaaaan. tooo clean for my trashy ass "man room' the wifey let me have.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2008, 10:55:28 PM »

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2008, 01:48:23 AM »

deezam!!!
thats a clean setup!!
Playin 360 in HD is sick!

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2008, 02:26:42 AM »
"Your hair could feel smoother"  :laugh:

kemizt

SGV

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2008, 10:21:51 AM »

Oh ok you just got a basic stand. These are the stands I'm talking about:

But instead of resting on the stand itself, hanging on some brackets.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2008, 01:03:47 AM »

Oh ok you just got a basic stand. These are the stands I'm talking about:

But instead of resting on the stand itself, hanging on some brackets.

wow i like that table...where is that from ? i'm not diggin' those 'feet' though on the tv lol.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2008, 01:06:00 AM »

deezam!!!
thats a clean setup!!
Playin 360 in HD is sick!

yeah i bit the bullet and got the HDMI for the 360 (someone told me that only the elite's benefit from that (?) ) . it looks AMAZING IMO, almost as clean as a ps3

SGV

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2008, 01:11:16 AM »
Yeah, my parents don't use the stand that came with their HDTV either. It doesn't look good.

I copped a stand for them at Wal-Mart for less than 2 bills... Go there and check em out. They got some good set ups for cheap.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2008, 01:16:04 AM »
the ones we got at target are aright, but that room's theme is  black/metal/glass/and blue....i dont' know if i want to brave the wal marts here (they make TJ look like Bel Air,lol) but i want something with a lot of glass. i love the way that looks.

SGV

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2008, 01:20:05 AM »
LMAO @ TJ looking like Bel Air. Damn! Just get in, get out. Stay out of the Toy & Food Aisles and the Clothes sections, you'll be fine. But seriously... The one I copped my parents is all black with black glass. Shit is clean.

If you got a 24 hour Wal-Mart just get out there crazy late, they're pretty calm then.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2008, 01:22:33 AM »

SGV

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2008, 01:24:28 AM »

That's some dope shit. What does that run?