Author Topic: Bun B on Dubcnn: The Interview - Part 2  (Read 231 times)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Bun B on Dubcnn: The Interview - Part 2
« on: January 24, 2008, 01:05:17 PM »
www.dubcnn.com

It's time for Part 2 of our in-depth interview with the Underground King Bun B! After we discussed the passing of his partner and friend Pimp C and Bun's new solo album "II Trill" in Part 1, we talk about the possibility of a new UGK album with unreleased material on it, as well as some more details on "II Trill".

Most importantly though, Bun Bkicks a lot of knowledge in this part. No joke, everybody needs to pick up on some of the game he's lacing ya'll with on this interview. From his predictions for 2008, the digital era, rappers relying on their MySpace pages to blow up, which artists he's feeling right now, the future of music, the reality in the hoods and much more.

Don't sleep, read or listen to part 2 of this interview below:

Exclusive Interview With Bun B (Part 2) (January '08)

Send your feedback to nima@dubcnn.com or let us know what you think on the dubcc forums.

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Bun B on Dubcnn: The Interview - Part 2
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 01:06:28 PM »
awesome feature, dont miss out!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 01:47:17 PM »
Dope shit!
Bun B is on another level, that's real talk.

I don't read many interviews either.

UGK 4 life.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 02:18:07 PM by K.Dub »

kemizt

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 01:49:32 PM »
Ghostface shoud read what Bun said about the Myspace thing. Good stuff Nima.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 01:52:38 PM »
For you lazy muthafuckas here's a few quotes from the interview:

"Getting started on "Trill" was one of the worst periods in my life, because I didn't really wanna accept that I was going to have to make music without Chad [Pimp C], which was a hard pill to swallow by itself. And because Pimp was the producer for most of the music, he held the responsibility for a lot of the music, with Pimp not being in the equation, I held the responsibility, which was a little bit of pressure and anxiety within its muthafuckin' self. "

" The UGK album is definitely going to be happening! As far as beyond that, I can't really speak on that. "

"So anybody that's got a problem with radio and Hip-Hop right now, I don't see the trend of what's selling just changing right off the bat. I think people are going to start accepting the fact that they can make some money from rap, and not necessarily to moving scan units. Everybody got problems with digital sales, but there are people who are selling a lot of digital record, and that's the future of music, not just the future of rap music, that's the future of music! So you might as well get on the fuckin' train! "

" The artists who are getting played have no say as to who doesn't get play! So why get mad at the kid that's number 1, because your guy isn't number 1? The guy who's number has nothing to do with whether your guy is number 1! You know what I'm saying? A lot of people are mad, they have this anger, they wanna be mad at somebody, but they don't really know who to be mad at! If you're a consumer, you gotta be mad at yourself!"

"But I will say this, in 2008, don't rely on your MySpace page to connect you to your people! That's a very big problem that a lot of artists are having. People think that because they have friends or whatever, like "I got 150,000 friends on MySpace!". Okay, so does Bobby down the street! What's the fuckin' difference?! Cause at the end of the day, we know how many artists are really controlling their MySpace pages and how many aren't. So are you really connecting to the people? Do you really have time to talk back and forth with 150,000 people online? Fuck no! But Bobby down the street does, though! *laughs* It's like, let's be real! I'm not saying fuck MySpace, but fuck thinking that MySpace is going to save your career! You getting your ass in a car on the road is going to save your career.

MySpace keeps you aware of where your career stands. MySpace helps you be aware of how many people still fuck with you. But you can't MySpace beat-em-over-the-head, cause you're not the only fuckin' friend they got! You're not the only artist, just because they're on your page. Muthafuckas probably got a thousand artists in their profile. You gotta get out there and physically touch these people, that's all it is to it. But if you think that 150,000 MySpace friends equals 150,000 sales, you're blind, buddy! *laughs* "

just a few quotes..

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 06:02:43 PM »
greta interview Nima, Bun seems like he really knows whats going on in the industry right now!

Lunatic

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 06:05:17 PM »
Bun easily gotta be the smartest mutha fucka in the game..no doubt

they better do that UGK album correct :-\
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 10:45:30 PM »
but see myspace is also a great way for an artist to make money$$$ , because you do not have to give a % of your shit record companys like say Itunes , so as long as people dont start ripping songs off of myspace , they wont fuck up the hustle... but even if they already have cracked that which im not aware of... its still is a great thing to get digital download sales....

ghost face was really mad at the fact the quality of music he put out was good and he didnt get return results, like he wouldve gotten lets say 8 years ago

this recording industry is changing a great deal , record companys arent going to risk losing money in an ACT they think is border line , thats why alot of artists are being shelved right now lots of delays..

i believe one idea to combat leaks is 2 put voice tags all over promo material so if it gets leaked before the album target or single release date the average consumer then annoyed to death will be forced to buy a copy.

one thing ive seen as of recent is murder inc putting out shitty low quality leaks of the new rule album the MIRROR ..

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 12:11:47 AM »
Dope shit!
Bun B is on another level, that's real talk.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 02:44:52 AM »
but see myspace is also a great way for an artist to make money$$$ , because you do not have to give a % of your shit record companys like say Itunes , so as long as people dont start ripping songs off of myspace , they wont fuck up the hustle... but even if they already have cracked that which im not aware of... its still is a great thing to get digital download sales....

I feel you, the crazy thing is though with these hacking softwares you can have somebody who in reality has 100 page views boost his views up to a million, same with his plays, so that shit don't really repreesnt anything anymore.

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 09:33:17 AM »
keep it coming

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2008, 05:36:08 PM »
dope shit Nima,props my brotha. Bun is that dude and best believe im gonna support him and cop that 2 Trill. Real recognize real and its still UGK 4LIFE!

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2008, 02:38:48 AM »
Good lookin' Relentless!

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2008, 04:27:44 AM »
keep it coming